Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Yes I take both your points to be honest I see where you are coming from.

Intermediate championship would be a great success for the Paddies and this is more likey - they have a small squad so are likely to drop points when players go on holidays etc.
Rossa's start means they can afford to drop anymore points - are they really likely to beat Oisins and Galls away from home? So far they have only beaten the bottom two! And still goin to drop more points as too often field weakened sides.

I do agree Oisins and Galls may also drop unexpected points - its what makes this league - but as I ahve said many times Oisins not being a dual club is a huge advantage. My money is on them but I hope MR2's boys prove me wrong.

Is there a run of games coming up?
When does our great county team play again - what will this do to fixtures?

CitySlicker11

I agree with the point made that Glenariffe are favorites to go up, and I believe they will just about, however, sarsfields lacking experience and a big squad that has been pointed out, St Galls will revert to their chosen sport of football, I feel Rossa may have the best chance to topple them. If they do loose away in Glenariffe though I would say the league is all over, as Glenariffe have St Galls at home to come.

Lecale2

Sars??

They were always known as the "Paddy's" in my day.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 29, 2012, 09:57:37 PM
Sars??

They were always known as the "Paddy's" in my day.
Still the Paddies.

CitySlicker11

Agree, I wasn't using this as their nickname, just a quick way of referring to them. Still the paddies surely, as we are so often reminded at their games...

Hurler24

SIE....was wondering what you thought of the two games in Loughgiel at the weekend.Two great games of hurling i thought.Although making progress i feel we are a long way of challenging yet.But was wetted the appetite to go and watch more of the U21 Champ.An great double header in Dunloy men.Id say as with Rossa vs Town another two great games on the cards!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Hurler24 on May 30, 2012, 12:49:52 AM
SIE....was wondering what you thought of the two games in Loughgiel at the weekend.Two great games of hurling i thought.Although making progress i feel we are a long way of challenging yet.But was wetted the appetite to go and watch more of the U21 Champ.An great double header in Dunloy men.Id say as with Rossa vs Town another two great games on the cards!
Yous pushed us all the way, can't read too much into it though as Loughgiel only begin training this week.  The young fellas have definitely improved the standard of the town. Come the end of August we'll see exactly where we all stand. I expect you to improve consistently over the next few years, as I've said before, Antrim need a strong town team.

I'm looking forward to the u21 matches. Both should be close.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

How long have we been saying this about the Town now?

Jesusjones

NAG the difference now is the town are starting to put in a few performances of note, in the space of a week they could and maybe should have beaten at least one of Cushendall or Loughgiel. I think in particular against Loughgiel the only reason they lost was poor shooting. Yes they have had good young players in the past who have failed to make the grade at senior level but the young fellas who are new onto the senior team this year are making waves. I thought Ciaran Clarke was excellent against both ourselves and Loughgiel, Saul Mc Caughan as well. Jennings didn't play against our seniors but against Loughgiel he made a contribution as well. They might not win the championship this year because they'll probably need to beat Dunloy then Cushendall and then Loughgiel and I can't see they doing that but they might well cause an upset or 2.

pdiddy

Lets hope its only 1 or 2 upsets and not 3  ;)
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 30, 2012, 12:35:53 PM
NAG the difference now is the town are starting to put in a few performances of note, in the space of a week they could and maybe should have beaten at least one of Cushendall or Loughgiel. I think in particular against Loughgiel the only reason they lost was poor shooting. Yes they have had good young players in the past who have failed to make the grade at senior level but the young fellas who are new onto the senior team this year are making waves. I thought Ciaran Clarke was excellent against both ourselves and Loughgiel, Saul Mc Caughan as well. Jennings didn't play against our seniors but against Loughgiel he made a contribution as well. They might not win the championship this year because they'll probably need to beat Dunloy then Cushendall and then Loughgiel and I can't see they doing that but they might well cause an upset or 2.

Tut tut :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

CitySlicker11

Need to get up an watch a few St Johns games, they seem to be going pretty well in Div 1, better than last year? Anyone saw much of them this year, should account for Lamh Dhearg in the championship and then face Rossa or Loughgiel, is that the draw?

Milltown Row2

What date is set for Antrims 'backdoor' game in the Championship?

Edit: seen it there, 23rd June
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

optimus cheese

Anyone got the latest on the seniors hurlers and what exactly is going on?

optimus cheese

Preliminary on June 23 or 1st round June 30. AFAIK six teams into the hat after games this weekend and luck of the draw as to what stage you join. Ironically, we could be further along than Westmeath on Sunday night