Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Move er on

Found out playing average club hurlers at inter county level!
As mentioned previously - would we have been beat yday with dc at the helm?

I also noted that we named 3 Goalkeepers in the 26 - you never can be too sure  :o

imtommygunn

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 20, 2012, 03:00:59 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2012, 02:56:17 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 20, 2012, 02:28:38 AM
We were never going to win it.

We were never going to win it ? Really? We were beat by a couple of points and to say we were never going to win it against westmeath is a nonsense.
take a look back at my posts recently. It's no surprise to me.
It may not that big a surprise that we didn't win it but we got beat in a tight game. To say we were never going to win it is bullsh*t. I very much doubt in your previous posts you said we were never going to win this game - hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I do wonder about some people who post here and whether they actually support their county at times.

Buswhacker

Aye but.......why did we need 3 goalkeepers???

gelvis

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2012, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 20, 2012, 03:00:59 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2012, 02:56:17 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 20, 2012, 02:28:38 AM
We were never going to win it.

We were never going to win it ? Really? We were beat by a couple of points and to say we were never going to win it against westmeath is a nonsense.
take a look back at my posts recently. It's no surprise to me.
It may not that big a surprise that we didn't win it but we got beat in a tight game. To say we were never going to win it is bullsh*t. I very much doubt in your previous posts you said we were never going to win this game - hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I do wonder about some people who post here and whether they actually support their county at times.

I have to agree with SIE on this one.  It is no secret that all isn't well within the camp and hasn't been for a number of months.  I hoped they would have been able to put it behind them for the game and lift their whole play but it didn't happen.  Where do we go from here is the big question
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

optimus cheese

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 20, 2012, 01:18:11 AM
Quote from: optimus cheese on May 20, 2012, 01:05:14 AM
Mullingar this afternoon

So do all Antrim's Leinster hurling c'ship games have to be played in Leinster, or can they get any up to Casement?

Yeah, think that was the agreement, same for Galway. If we get a home draw (like the Offaly game in 2010) we play on a neutral venue. Fair enough I feel

optimus cheese

Where do we go? Haven't a clue now. Some of the decisions on the line were baffling. Karl Stewart came in at full-forward and stayed there. I heard Karl hadn't been fit but why put him on there, Conor McCann came in and scored with his first touch, surely a better option there. Watson wasn't moved out of the ff line when it was obvious the supply had been cut to him. Moving him out to wing forward could have made a diff. Simon McCrory came on at corner back for Kerr who was injured late on.
That's just clutcing at straws as the real issue was lack of fight and intensity in the second half. Maybe we thought that five up with a man advantage in the 2nd half we had it in the bag but when you ease up and the opposition come on strong it's nearly impossible to get going again. Really looks bleak for this year, hope I'm wrong but can't see it going any other way but a heavy defeat if we get Tipp,Limerick or someone like that in the qualifiers preliminary round

Gold

worst result in our history?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Gold on May 20, 2012, 01:42:55 PM
worst result in our history?
nope, losing to Derry in the Ulster final has to be up there.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

optimus cheese

Yeah that's probably true. Although in the aftermath of yesterday it's hard not to feel as if that was a new low.

Seamroga in exile

Half time in loughgiel. Shams up 1-10 to 8 points. We're resting 7 regulars.

Gold

Who gives a f**k. County is in a mess
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Seamroga in exile

I give a f**k. Loughgiel 2-19 St. johns 0-11

saffron89

this is certainly not the worst result in the hurlers history.  plenty before it, some ulster finals spring to mind.  but why  was this such a big surprise.  Westmeath proved difficult for Galway last year.  Antrim for some reason thought it was a formality.  I'll be interested to see how Jerry does now.  Training again Tuesday nite.  too many boys missing these trainings, no matter who the manager is this is simply not acceptable. 

Buswhacker

Gold..........."who gives a f..k.County in a mess".Maybe if the county team had a bit more of the Shamrock spirit and ability we would not be in a mess. Three players from the All- Ireland club champions on the county team yesterday. Gold..... maybe there  was not enough of your're clubs players on.....more like too many

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on May 20, 2012, 04:05:19 PM
Half time in loughgiel. Shams up 1-10 to 8 points. We're resting 7 regulars.

Resting? Where are they resting? Galgorm Spa?  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea