Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clootfromthe21

8 3 up at half time and them down to 14 men. For Christ's sake, what the hell happened?

Buswhacker

Im tommygunn........Div 3 and 4 players don't get the experience in their local leagues to compete at county level,I don't care what you think. Wake up and smell the coffee, with a few exceptions this is basically an Antrim junior team.A bloody disgrace !!

AQMP

That's probably a worse result than a 20 point drubbing by one of the big teams.  Hardstation has it spot on...pathetic!!

imtommygunn

Quote from: Buswhacker on May 19, 2012, 04:52:24 PM
Im tommygunn........Div 3 and 4 players don't get the experience in their local leagues to compete at county level,I don't care what you think. Wake up and smell the coffee, with a few exceptions this is basically an Antrim junior team.A bloody disgrace !!

You are full of crap as ever buswhacker - did you even look at the team sheet or just use the result to try and peddle the usual nonsense?

So barring 11 of our 15 starters I guess we were made up of intermediate players ::)

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Buswhacker

Tommygunn ....It's a bloody disaster and  who's to blame........me?. No, it's the manager and whoever put this team out.You should admit that or what's you're problem?

imtommygunn

Buswhacker I am not disagreeing that it is a disaster - it is one of our worst results in a long time.

I have no relations anywhere near the teams. Your argument about division 1 and division 2 is nonsense and the fact that 11 division 1 players on the team illustrates that you just use a result, without even knowing what you're talking about, to fuel that argument. All I am doing is picking holes in your "I told you so" argument.

Dinny Cahill has been the best man to manage antrim during my lifetime and we go rid of him. Maybe Wallace can turn it round and I hope he does but over the last 10 years we have never done well against southern opposition, any southern opposition, without Cahill in charge. Last year against westmeath we were simply on a different level to them - with the same players.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Awful result, bad day for Antrim and Ulster hurling

north_antrim_hound

WTF was that all about,fukin depressing cant believe how brutal we where. 2nd half non existant. two of three players in the press the last couple ranting about the special system wallace is deploying. it didn't work at limerick and certainly isn't working here. next time Jerry is briefing them when he finished with the ''play to the system,composure on the ball etc'' his last words should be : and don't forget to fuking hurl as well.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Minder

No surprises that the turnouts were poor at training, always the same regardless of manager. You get out of it what you put in.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Minder on May 19, 2012, 07:55:24 PM
No surprises that the turnouts were poor at training, always the same regardless of manager. You get out of it what you put in.
+1
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Buswhacker

Same old story year after year.Same old excuses year after year.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Buswhacker on May 19, 2012, 08:39:05 PM
I am not an Antrim man but I am bitterly disappointed for Antrim today. Derry too is depressing, I was at that game and to be fair if it had gone on another 5 mins Derry would have won but all in all another depresing day for Ulster hurling.

Hurler on the Bitch

ok - given the talk of "a new dawn" and the feelgood factor after Loughgiel's win in March, today's result is dire. However, let's remember that Westmeath should have beat us at Casement last year and have been waiting 12 months for this! But from the reports of that second half, it was SINFUL - obviously some of those guys do not want to wear the shirt! Embarrasment all round. Its Jerry Wallace I feel sorry for - would not be suprised if he jacks it in...  :( :-[ :'(

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 19, 2012, 08:43:08 PM
Quote from: Buswhacker on May 19, 2012, 08:39:05 PM
I am not an Antrim man but I am bitterly disappointed for Antrim today. Derry too is depressing, I was at that game and to be fair if it had gone on another 5 mins Derry would have won but all in all another depresing day for Ulster hurling.
It hasn't been all depressing for Ulster hurling this year.  ;)

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"