Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manballandall

Oisinog if a club is missing 6 players due to county committments and the opposition is aware of this then they would be better off not agreeing to the switch to give them a better chance. This is where the problem lies, it shouldn't get to the stage where the clubs have to deal with it. The clubs agreed to the dates unaware of any weekends away. If they had prior knowledge I'm sure they wouldn't have agreed. Duh

btdtgtt

Mibag u say players look for easy frees? It's the refs that give them for Christ sake! We still cannot distinguish tough from dangerous - players and refs alike.
My general (very general) rule of thumb is be lenient when tackling with body - harsh when with stick.

I think the fixtures row is plain - clubs & county are issued fixture list - to parachute a training weekend in is to pull the rug from under them. Disgraceful to push ahead with this.

Lastly - since I am a nosey type can someone let me in on the county management rumours with dick o Kane and the phantom replacement / incident? If it's too much like gossip for the board send me a Private message.

And before I go - under21 is run off in successive weeks I assume?

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: oisinog on May 01, 2012, 04:07:55 PM
Two hands Why wont the county agree to it?

If you want to do something about it you make a suggestion to your club and they can bring it up a congress.

In August we have the championship so the same problem would come up again
I don't know why they won't change it.

Obviously you mean the convention? Oisin..again I'm trying to explain that the fixtures were agreed by the clubs, the county board & Jerry Wallace at the start of the season. Now a training weekend has been organised. This is not the clubs fault..why should they suffer

Championship doesn't start to very late August...I did say late July/early August

Seamroga in exile

On another note there's a new t-shirt available for fans of Mr Watson, of which I know there are a lot of in this thread      ;D:

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Quote from: El Plato on May 01, 2012, 04:32:08 PM
Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on May 01, 2012, 04:17:24 PM
El Plato happy to see the Referee did his job, not often they get credit but do you not think you are over cooking his performance, knowing the man he wouldn't thank you for this, Elliot, Hassan and Duffy all work hard at there game, and nothing beats there national experience when it is needed, Herbie shouldn't be to far behind when he gets up to speed in the year ahead also. I think in Hurling we are lucky that we have 4 good referee's and when you look at other counties we should try to appreciate what we do have a lot of the time forgetting parish and club rivalry. Football in the county is another matter, we are poor at present IMO. We still IMO cannot get to grips with good hard physical hurling " Southern Style" as a lot of our clubs look for the easy free.
So there was me thinking you were really Duffy refereeing the game last night at the Bear Pit.  You misled me with your earlier posting  I have to say.  So if your not Duffy, I would have a stab at suggesting you are either Ewwiott or that cnut Cnut(nn)ing from Dunloy.  Not praising Duffy at all nor, seeking praise. You referees are already full of self praise and you know what they say about that!  As I said, as a complete neutral, I was just giving my version of how things panned out at the game.  But other posters appear not to like that, but what the Fcuk, see if I care.  ;)

MIBAG Are seriously conversing with this poster who is insulting the people that you came on here to represent?

manballandall

Oisinog if a club is missing 6 players due to county committments and the opposition is aware of this then they would be better off not agreeing to the switch to give them a better chance. This is where the problem lies, it shouldn't get to the stage where the clubs have to deal with it. The clubs agreed to the dates unaware of any weekends away. If they had prior knowledge I'm sure they wouldn't have agreed. Duh

BlackandAmber

Quote from: hardstation on May 01, 2012, 03:59:06 PM
Quote from: BlackandAmber on May 01, 2012, 03:54:14 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 27, 2012, 09:51:58 AM

hardstation is it right that there openin a chinese restuarant there?

http://www.odonovanrossagac.com/

No. It's going to be an old people's home. Not much of a change tbh....

did you check the link hard station?  ;D

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: oisinog on May 01, 2012, 02:42:03 PM
Quote from: Arthur_Friend on May 01, 2012, 02:18:08 PM
OisinOg, don't know what team you were watching the last few games but we can't afford to lose 2 players for a county friendly. Wise up.

Where did I say we could afford it.

In fact I said we have no one to replace Shannon.

We just need to get on with it and not complain.
I am sick of people complaining about fixtures and not doing anything about it

Stiff upper lip, eh old chap?

Since you know the procedures so well, have you contacted Patrick Sarsfield's and asked for an alternative date? No need to complain, just explain we're missing two key players and have no keeper as a result. I'm sure they'll be sympathetic...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on May 01, 2012, 07:28:15 PM
OisinOg, don't know what team you were watching the last few games but we can't afford to lose 2 players for a county friendly. Wise up.

Since you know the procedures so well, have you contacted Patrick Sarsfield's and asked for an alternative date? No need to complain, just explain we're missing two key players and have no keeper as a result. I'm sure they'll be sympathetic...

Sarsfields also missing 2 players that are on the squad and no doubt the lad that got a red card last night ;)

Here's a thought that my mate said, move the games till friday night, that way clubs get their players and no need for a late night Sunday (a May Day Sunday ;)) match. Think we will try that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oisinog

Well for starters your twisting my words as I have said here we just need to get on with it.

All the complaining is not doing anyone any good

I am not saying anymore on the matter

saffron89

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 01, 2012, 07:33:04 PM

Sarsfields also missing 2 players that are on the squad and no doubt the lad that got a red card last night ;)

Here's a thought that my mate said, move the games till friday night, that way clubs get their players and no need for a late night Sunday (a May Day Sunday ;)) match. Think we will try that

Actually a reasonable suggestion MR2

Tommy McIntyre's biggest game was a national hurling league final.

After the game an under pressure loud mouth ger loughanne slated him for little reason, and this put northern refereeing back a good few years.  All the lads listed are well off Tommy.

SIE -- I would worry that Watson will survive the next couple of years.  A real talent, however mentally maybe not as strong as he could be.  The way he is adored by some quarters in your club will not help him.

Did i hear he has signed for Dunloy ??????

Jeepers Creepers

MR2 does the all county minor league not start this Friday?

Interesting

Saffron 89- Dunloy couldn't afford, wouldn't pay, the wages.  ;)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89

SIE -- I would worry that Watson will survive the next couple of years.  A real talent, however mentally maybe not as strong as he could be.  The way he is adored by some quarters in your club will not help him.
He'll be rightly. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

the colonel

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 01, 2012, 04:03:17 PM
Quote from: the colonel on May 01, 2012, 02:04:24 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 01, 2012, 01:17:44 PM
A'noon, at the Galls / St Brendans games last night. A real decent physical encounter between both. Lack of numbers in the St Galls squad might have been the downfall (not sure if they had many more to choose from) but they give it everything. Didnt have it up front and only 2 subs. St Brendans worked hard for their goals but some of their points would grace any county ground, good stick work and seemed up for it. Versus the Johnnies should be a good game in the next round.

Its St Kevins JC, different make up of clubs than St Brendans

I don't think our U21 match is going ahead on Monday. Players were told that if we were to get past St Pauls last night then the game v Dunloy wouldn't be on Monday due to Dunloys Ice Dancing fundraiser being on Sunday. Not sure when it will be played yet

Saturday night 5.00 pm dont know the venue, i say because we requested the change it will be in the dall

It was always due to be in Cushendall regardless of change of date or not but good to see some games are allowed to be changed  ;)
the difference between success and failure is energy