Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on May 01, 2012, 08:36:08 AM
MIBAG dont even respond to that post, he is just attempting to get a reaction out of the posters on the board, best to be ignored.

As for Sleeping Giant, if you have something to say about GO'K lets hear it, that is if you know the story behind it, which I doubt.
If not then no need to jump on the rumour mill slating when you havent a clue.

No one on here can question a player who gave at least ten years service to Antrim and then more as a coach.
I didn't question him as a player.  Just the excuse that is used for leaving.   Can't argue that he wasn't a great servant to Antrim!!  To many cooks spoils the broth and all that
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Yes but you were insinuating something about his reason for leaving without knowing the truth and my point is that you are in no position to question him or his motives.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: BlackandAmber on May 01, 2012, 12:11:12 PM
Antrim website has the under 21 quarter finals on Monday 7th May

Cushendall  v  Dunloy

Rossa  v  Ballycastle

Loughgeil v Rasharkin

Carey(St Kevins)  v  St Johns

Loughgeil gettin the easy draw again  :o
It must have been fixed.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

By the way, Jim Nelson isn't joining the Antrim set up as speculated.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jeepers Creepers

A'noon, at the Galls / St Brendans Kevins (apologies) games last night. A real decent physical encounter between both. Lack of numbers in the St Galls squad might have been the downfall (not sure if they had many more to choose from) but they give it everything. Didnt have it up front and only 2 subs. St Brendans worked hard for their goals but some of their points would grace any county ground, good stick work and seemed up for it. Versus the Johnnies should be a good game in the next round.

manballandall

The league title dare i say it is irrelevant to loughgeil and cushendall etc as they will be concentrating on championship and at some matches during the year will have their full squad to pick from and will therefore secure enough points to avoid relegation. Take St Johns though for talk sake and no disrespect intended but most likely come the end of teh season they will be fighting relegation...will they be happy to play matches without 4 of their starting 15, supposedly 4 of their better players ?

The same applies to lower division teams who are fighting for promotion...why should they be at a disadvantage and play without their county players...that could mean the difference between promotion and not.....doesnt take much brains to arrange these weeekends away correctly. Losing 4 main players to county puts st galls in a really bad situation and wehen you add to that the usual absentees due to injury and holidays a then that number then becomes a lot highter. The holidays and injuries are something that every club has to deal with and I accept that nothing can be doen about that but county weekends away is something that can be solved very easily.

St kevins were very impressive last night, physical and greta stick work with some excellent scores. St galls tried but didnt have the firepower up front... I dont think st galls lost it on the line but it certainly didnt help

the colonel

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on May 01, 2012, 01:17:44 PM
A'noon, at the Galls / St Brendans games last night. A real decent physical encounter between both. Lack of numbers in the St Galls squad might have been the downfall (not sure if they had many more to choose from) but they give it everything. Didnt have it up front and only 2 subs. St Brendans worked hard for their goals but some of their points would grace any county ground, good stick work and seemed up for it. Versus the Johnnies should be a good game in the next round.

Its St Kevins JC, different make up of clubs than St Brendans

I don't think our U21 match is going ahead on Monday. Players were told that if we were to get past St Pauls last night then the game v Dunloy wouldn't be on Monday due to Dunloys Ice Dancing fundraiser being on Sunday. Not sure when it will be played yet
the difference between success and failure is energy

Arthur_Friend

OisinOg, don't know what team you were watching the last few games but we can't afford to lose 2 players for a county friendly. Wise up.

oisinog

Quote from: Arthur_Friend on May 01, 2012, 02:18:08 PM
OisinOg, don't know what team you were watching the last few games but we can't afford to lose 2 players for a county friendly. Wise up.

Where did I say we could afford it.

In fact I said we have no one to replace Shannon.

We just need to get on with it and not complain.
I am sick of people complaining about fixtures and not doing anything about it

El Plato

You give an honest assessment of the Paddies v Loughgeil game and all you get is ridicule.  Well I was at the game, can you say the same?  It ended up as not the pick of the bunch as maninblackandgreen suggested it might be.  It was an utter disgrace.  You have all heard of the Shankill Butchers I'm sure, last nigh t was a clear case of the Paddies Butchers.  A real shame, cause some of them kids can hurl a bit.  It's such a pity their tactics were the Paddies of Old (batter the fuk-hirs - win at all costs)  Loughgeil lads just knuckled down and got on with it despite the dirty tactics, this lead to their superior ability to hurl well, hurl tough and sicken the Paddies.  Thank god their was no entrance fee to watch sheer  unadulterated trash being played by a group of young Belfast lads. 

This would have proved a game well beyond the control of most referees, give Duff his fair dues, he handled it well and I am not one for crediting Antrim hurling referees.  If I was the ref, I would have sent at least 3 other Paddies men off.  My young son even said after the game, "why did the green and black player hit the red player whilst he was lying on the ground, is that in the rules" -  there ya have it! and he only seven.  :(
"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: oisinog on May 01, 2012, 02:42:03 PM

Oisin are you stupid or something? People not doing anything about it? These fixtures were agreed at the start of the year by the clubs...these fixtures are being changed due to the senior county team going away for the weekend. Some clubs have asked to move them & they aren't allowed to.

oisinog

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on May 01, 2012, 03:22:41 PM
Quote from: oisinog on May 01, 2012, 02:42:03 PM

Oisin are you stupid or something? People not doing anything about it? These fixtures were agreed at the start of the year by the clubs...these fixtures are being changed due to the senior county team going away for the weekend. Some clubs have asked to move them & they aren't allowed to.

I dont know what club you are from so I am going to generalise here.

You contact the Club you are playing ask for a refix because you are missing 6 players due to the county being away.

if thhe other club agrees you inform CCC of the chage due to this.

Two hands have you personaly done anything about it. Are you your club secetary?

The same argument happens every year.

I asked earlier how do you fix this without playing games in the winter?

just because I do not agree with you does not require you to personaly insult me.

NAG1

Quote from: El Plato on May 01, 2012, 03:04:46 PM
You give an honest assessment of the Paddies v Loughgeil game and all you get is ridicule.  Well I was at the game, can you say the same?  It ended up as not the pick of the bunch as maninblackandgreen suggested it might be.  It was an utter disgrace.  You have all heard of the Shankill Butchers I'm sure, last nigh t was a clear case of the Paddies Butchers.  A real shame, cause some of them kids can hurl a bit.  It's such a pity their tactics were the Paddies of Old (batter the fuk-hirs - win at all costs)  Loughgeil lads just knuckled down and got on with it despite the dirty tactics, this lead to their superior ability to hurl well, hurl tough and sicken the Paddies.  Thank god their was no entrance fee to watch sheer  unadulterated trash being played by a group of young Belfast lads. 

This would have proved a game well beyond the control of most referees, give Duff his fair dues, he handled it well and I am not one for crediting Antrim hurling referees.  If I was the ref, I would have sent at least 3 other Paddies men off.  My young son even said after the game, "why did the green and black player hit the red player whilst he was lying on the ground, is that in the rules" -  there ya have it! and he only seven.  :(

Anyone else getting completely fed up with this trash?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on May 01, 2012, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: El Plato on May 01, 2012, 03:04:46 PM

Anyone else getting completely fed up with this trash?

Look it's the same boyo that was here before, and before and before!!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber