Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Sars 0-04 LG 0-11, Paddies down to 14 men.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 30, 2012, 07:55:14 PM
Sars 0-04 LG 0-11, Paddies down to 14 men.

The more things change........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Sars 0-06 LG 1-14, 10 mins gone second half.

Seamroga in exile

FT  Sarsfields 1-06 Shamrocks 1-19

imtommygunn

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 28, 2012, 01:03:34 PM
I just realised,at an early point in the debate, that the expertise or intellectual ability did not exist on the forum to give the subject a fair hearing.

I love the irony of this statement ;D

Buswhacker

El Plato

Great win for the Loughgiel lads tonight against the Paddies.  Dirty show of fuk-hirs, nothing has changed with the Paddies unfortunately,  dam near decapitated a young Loughiel lad.  That boy Duffy had his hands full refereeing this one and although I am no lover of referees, would have to say he done a fine job (obviously Duffy is not Maninblackandgreen) as I has previously thought.  Paddies tried to bully the Loughgiel lads, fair play to Duffy he let them get on with it, but the Paddies could not handle the physicality of the opposition and resorted to dirty, sinister and wild pulling tactics.  As a neutral, the Paddies should not have been on the same pitch, totally outclassed by superior fitness and hurling ability. I was ashamed to be a Belfast man this evening, the language and abuse towards the official from the Paddies sideline was terrible.   I will think twice about going back to the Bear Pit with my young son after the sinister Paddies antics.  If that is the way the young hurlers are sent out to try and bully and maim their opponents, god help us all.  Hopefully the remainder of our young city teams will give a better account of themselves. Absolute disgrace.

(Maninbalckandgreen) thank goodness I did not have to pay in to see this complete travesty.

By the way, the scoreline speaks volumes  01-19 to 1.6 (flattering to say the least for the Paddies).
"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

BlackandAmber

Lamh Dhearg 1-7     2-19  Rossa

Naomh Gall  0-6       2-15    Carey

Sarsfields 1-6          1-20      Loughgiel

Gort na Mona  0-8   5-13  Ballycastle

Ony result a bit surprisin is the Galls v Carey. Big margin there.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: DearyMe on April 30, 2012, 02:20:33 PM
From Hogan Stand

Antrim hurling manager Jerry Wallace is on the look-out for a new selector after Gregory O'Kane opted out.The Dunloy clubman, who also served as a selector under Wallace's predecessor Dinny Cahill and managed the Ulster inter-provincial team earlier this year, has cited family commitments as his reason for stepping down. Jim Nelson, who led Antrim to an ill-fated All-Ireland final appearance against Tipperary in 1989, is being tipped to replace O'Kane.

Antrim, who will face Westmeath in their Leinster SHC opener on May 19, play Ballyhale Shamrocks next Saturday evening in Kilmacow, Co. Kilkenny in a game which will raise funds for Crumlin Children's Hospital in Dublin. Henry Shefflin is expected to make his long-awaited return from a shoulder injury in the same game.

Thoughts?
I'll be very surprised if Jim goes anywhere the Antrim set up at the minute.

saffron89

it might mean you move up one on the side line SIE

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on April 30, 2012, 10:43:40 PM
it might mean you move up one on the side line SIE
I'm nothing to do with the sideline saffron89, I'm only a mere supporter.    :)

Sleeping giant

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 30, 2012, 02:14:21 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 30, 2012, 01:30:59 PM
What about Dick stepping down??
t

yeah your right on the money SG, the official stance on this is family commitments but nothing could be further from the truth. The relationship with Wallis and his whole backroom team is very fragile. You can expect another high profile selector resignation soon as well. This comes from a reliable source and the situation seems to be that the tail is wagging the dog at the minute.
i no it couldnt be further from the truth mate,  but i didnt wanna come on like other posters spouting shite.    and its not wallis,   he has got nothing but antrim in his thoughts,  fair play, he can see the bigger picture.   that other man is well named!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

the colonel

Quote from: BlackandAmber on April 30, 2012, 10:31:04 PM

Lamh Dhearg 1-7     2-19  Rossa

Naomh Gall  0-6       2-15    Carey

Sarsfields 1-6          1-20      Loughgiel

Gort na Mona  0-8   5-13  Ballycastle

Ony result a bit surprisin is the Galls v Carey. Big margin there.

That's the St Kevin's team, made up for Carey, Armoy and Cloughmills. Some real good hurlers on that team. St Paul's didn't field away to us. Disappointing to hear at 5.40pm
the difference between success and failure is energy

maxpower

Catch yourself on! Gregory O'Kane has been an absolutely brilliant player for Antrim and is loyal to a fault.  He's well within his rights to walk away, it is afterall an amateur sport.  Gregory O'Kane owes Antrim nothing

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 30, 2012, 11:15:28 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 30, 2012, 02:14:21 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 30, 2012, 01:30:59 PM
What about Dick stepping down??
t

yeah your right on the money SG, the official stance on this is family commitments but nothing could be further from the truth. The relationship with Wallis and his whole backroom team is very fragile. You can expect another high profile selector resignation soon as well. This comes from a reliable source and the situation seems to be that the tail is wagging the dog at the minute.
i no it couldnt be further from the truth mate,  but i didnt wanna come on like other posters spouting shite.    and its not wallis,   he has got nothing but antrim in his thoughts,  fair play, he can see the bigger picture.   that other man is well named!!
What happens next????

Sleeping giant

i didn't say he wasn't a good player for antrim and i didn't say he owes them anything,  this took me back to casement bar a few weeks back,   Dicks some man!!! 
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.