Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Interesting on April 27, 2012, 10:04:59 PM
Ah now lads, keep er country. Can youse not take a wee bit of fun.

By the way what's the going rate for a semi pro footballer, sorry hurler, och sure any one of them.  ;D
Worth every penny!!!!

Buswhacker

Best Antrim hurler ever to play in Croke Park in the best Antrim team. We lead the way,try and follow.........and we're modest too !!......

Interesting

Sleeping giant - Good man, 1st announcement in the GAA's history that a player is getting paid for playing..........

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 27, 2012, 10:06:38 PM
Quote from: Interesting on April 27, 2012, 10:04:59 PM
Ah now lads, keep er country. Can youse not take a wee bit of fun.

By the way what's the going rate for a semi pro footballer, sorry hurler, och sure any one of them.  ;D
Worth every penny!!!!
he's also a bit out of touch. He hasn't played football in over a year.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sleeping giant

heard barca was looking him ;)   gets looked after to much with shamrocks,   turned it down

Milltown Row2

If youse keep on getting pulled into these nobs and then generate more 'crap' it will just make this thread into a childish tit for tat shite. If you want to continue with it please do it through PM's ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2012, 11:34:01 PM
If youse keep on getting pulled into these nobs and then generate more 'crap' it will just make this thread into a childish tit for tat shite. If you want to continue with it please do it through PM's ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
and will you lot up there do the same?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 27, 2012, 11:53:31 PM

I don't go on about the amount of times we have won trophy's, it's crap, we are only interested in the next one ffs.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2012, 12:15:05 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 27, 2012, 11:53:31 PM

I don't go on about the amount of times we have won trophy's, it's crap, we are only interested in the next one ffs.
ditto

Interesting

Well said Milltown. They won the big one, fair play to them no-one is denying their success. But we will all be hearing about it for the next half century. It would be nice to see a team win and have a bit of dignity and class about it.

Bushbacker started a topic about professionalism in the GAA, which is a genuine topic for discussion, both nationally and locally. He bottled it when he saw where the discussion was going. Success for many clubs is being able to field a team. Make that the starting point. The reality is that 96% of us will never win a senior championship. That doesn't stop us from playing our games and enjoying our culture. If we were even lucky enough to have a group of players come along who could go the whole way. We would flounder because of lack of resources.

Paying people, particularly players, demeans and devalues our games and culture. Oh, and how can you pay someone mileage expenses when they could walk to the hurling field.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Yes but here is the other thing, and I don't own the thread, but recently it has descended into a farce with the various wee slaggings back and forth #9tit for tat). it's boring, I really don't give a shit what happens in Crossmaglen when people have a few beers. The thread is about club county hurling.

I give a bitta slagging every so often but seems there are guys who register just to get shite out there to throw in rumours and mis truths.

So lets get back to it, seasons are in full swing and games happening all over the place.

oisinog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 28, 2012, 12:35:24 PM
Yes but here is the other thing, and I don't own the thread, but recently it has descended into a farce with the various wee slaggings back and forth #9tit for tat). it's boring, I really don't give a shit what happens in Crossmaglen when people have a few beers. The thread is about club county hurling.

I give a bitta slagging every so often but seems there are guys who register just to get shite out there to throw in rumours and mis truths.

So lets get back to it, seasons are in full swing and games happening all over the place.

Well said

Buswhacker

Interesting.... I didn't "bottle" the discussion about professionalism when I saw where it was going. I just realised,at an early point in the debate, that the expertise or intellectual ability did not exist on the forum to give the subject a fair hearing.
As for the bragging about Loughgiel's All Ireland,at the risk of sounding patronising, don't you realise that 99.9% of  Shamrock supporters never look at this or any other GAA website. Some of us use it, I'm almost ashamed to say,as an excuse for blatant slagging,and we're not alone in that respect. Get a life,and loosen up........life's too short !!!

To emphasise the point.....I never suggested we adopt professionalism,I just commented on what Andy Ward had said.
Get the facts right before you launch into a ill thought out attack.

btdtgtt

Speaking of wind ups nice response to St johns stunt by the Rossa twitter man!
All done in a better spirit than the loughiel / cross / dunloy episodes!
Any hurling this weekend or all football?