Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

You're talking Shite MR2 & SIE proved it. Sarsfields are obviously a lot better than St Galls then?

Jesusjones

I can't believe Loughgiel didn't win against Ballycran. I know they ran us to 3 points but like all the Down teams they are far better at home than they are away. Are Loughgiel running scared of Cushendall? Maybe, just maybe. :P

johnneycool

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 25, 2012, 08:38:52 AM
I can't believe Loughgiel didn't win against Ballycran. I know they ran us to 3 points but like all the Down teams they are far better at home than they are away. Are Loughgiel running scared of Cushendall? Maybe, just maybe. :P

So that's where the Crans were heading last night! Saw a few lads standing in Kircubbin on the way home from work.

well done them, I suppose they were probably up for it more than loughgeil, but a surprise all the same.

Will the Ulster final be played in a neutral venue?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on April 25, 2012, 08:06:43 AM
You're talking Shite MR2 & SIE proved it. Sarsfields are obviously a lot better than St Galls then?

Yes Sarsfields are better than us, the league never lies, it's the only form we can use. Yes Dunloy are worse than Ballycran according to the league results, nothing controversial about that.

Two hands , would you say Loughgiel are not as good as Ballycran?

Neutral venue meaning Casement? yes ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on April 25, 2012, 09:37:56 AM
Quote from: Jesusjones on April 25, 2012, 08:38:52 AM

So that's where the Crans were heading last night! Saw a few lads standing in Kircubbin on the way home from work.

well done them, I suppose they were probably up for it more than loughgeil, but a surprise all the same.

Will the Ulster final be played in a neutral venue?

We don't do neutral venues when it comes to Down
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Yeah I would agree congratulations to Ballycran hopefully will give them a lift and bring on the other two teams in the Ards.

Just on that, I dont think any of the teams in Antrim are that special that they can do without even 3-4 top players, not when it comes to championship type hurling anyway.

btdtgtt

How do we see tonight going lads?

Randalstwon to beat Gort handy
Galls to beat Carey but close enough up the country
Glenariffe to beat Lamhs with plenty to spare

Table-topping Sarsfields V Rossa is the only match in the city so I will be at it myself will let you'se know (well for those interested) tomorro. Normally I would say an easy win for Rossa but MR2's advice tells me Sarsfields! Tonights result will either be a reality check for the Paddies or a crisis for Rossa depending on who wins.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on April 25, 2012, 09:56:11 AM
Yeah I would agree congratulations to Ballycran hopefully will give them a lift and bring on the other two teams in the Ards.

Just on that, I dont think any of the teams in Antrim are that special that they can do without even 3-4 top players, not when it comes to championship type hurling anyway.

Ironically enough after our defeat to Ballycastle we'd two lads we decided to make a return to hurling, one will certainly make a big difference when he gets fit, hasn't had much luck with injuries and broke his wrist against Cushendall last year when only getting back from a bad leg break the previous year. The other would be handy enough in the half backs or midfield, sadly no ball winning forwards unless big magic gets too much sun on his big arse in Australia and decides to come home!

Would Glenariffe not be considered neutral for that Ulster league final?

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on April 25, 2012, 10:22:40 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on April 25, 2012, 09:56:11 AM

Ironically enough after our defeat to Ballycastle we'd two lads we decided to make a return to hurling, one will certainly make a big difference when he gets fit, hasn't had much luck with injuries and broke his wrist against Cushendall last year when only getting back from a bad leg break the previous year. The other would be handy enough in the half backs or midfield, sadly no ball winning forwards unless big magic gets too much sun on his big arse in Australia and decides to come home!

Would Glenariffe not be considered neutral for that Ulster league final?

Glenariffe is too close to Cushendall, Cushendun would do though.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Glenariffe pitch much more suited to pitch and putt anyway  ;)

Lecale2

QuoteWould Glenariffe not be considered neutral for that Ulster league final?

Jesus Johnny don't be giving them ideas!

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on April 25, 2012, 12:08:40 PM
QuoteWould Glenariffe not be considered neutral for that Ulster league final?

Jesus Johnny don't be giving them ideas!

You shouldn't laugh, Portaferry were made play Dunloy in an Ulster final in the central location of Loughgeil one year that Casement park wasn't available.

NAG1

Casement wasnt available due to flooding if i can remember that one correctly, Snorkels and Flippers were handed out at the gate in Loughgiel  ;D

maxpower

If I remember rightly Portaferry where more than happy to play it that day in a waterlogged pitch as Dunloy have 4/5 key players out injured.  Loughgiel kindly volunteered their pitch so the match wouldn't have to be pushed back a week
What happens next????

johnneycool

Quote from: maxpower on April 25, 2012, 01:46:59 PM
If I remember rightly Portaferry where more than happy to play it that day in a waterlogged pitch as Dunloy have 4/5 key players out injured.  Loughgiel kindly volunteered their pitch so the match wouldn't have to be pushed back a week

I'm sure ourselves or Ballycran would have volunteered our pitches as well, don't think we were asked though