Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Plato

Someone having a laugh on the County Website at my expense, ha, ha, ha  :D (The Duck) Quack Quack Quack 

Now I wonder, must likely touched a central nerve as a result of close affiliation? 

Millltown Man, like you I am also entitled to use an 'Alias'  ;)

NAG1, thank goodness there is not an NAG2  ;) I was just commenting on HS posting, also just giving an insight into what the dogs on the street know.  And yes, I did say sinister, if you only knew some of the Hippocratic fools that I know who are members of the said Sinister secretive sect, you would be very shocked  :o :o :o :o
"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

NAG1

Quote from: El Plato on April 23, 2012, 09:57:14 AM
Someone having a laugh on the County Website at my expense, ha, ha, ha  :D (The Duck) Quack Quack Quack 

Now I wonder, must likely touched a central nerve as a result of close affiliation? 

NAG1, thank goodness there is not an NAG2  ;) I was just commenting on HS posting, also just giving an insight into what the dogs on the street know.  And yes, I did say sinister, if you only knew some of the Hippocratic fools that I know who are members of the said Sinister secretive sect, you would be very shocked  :o :o :o :o

I dont care whether you were repeating what someone else said or what the dogs in the street know, you mentioned named and then when on to use some serious quasi allegations, there is no room for that on here and I would ask that you take down both posts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: El Plato on April 23, 2012, 09:57:14 AM

Again you haven't answered what is sinister about them? You don't have to go far to find Hippocratic fools, logging in on here recently and you'll find plenty
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

DearyMe

Meanwhile back at the ranch...

Was the Johnnies result a good one - considering they were playing all ireland champs?

What about the news that the ROSSA boss stepped down over fundraising? (smoke screen perhaps?)

Did Galls miss an opportunity yesterday, to take all the points?

Have Gort fallin to pieces? (no way Sarsfields should be scoring that against them, up there)

Any thoughts?
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

manballandall

Did you not make it to any games yourself deary me and have no thoughts yourself?
Think st galls will rue the scoreable frees they missed. Sarsfields fancy themselves to get promoted or to be at least challenging at business end of the season so no real surprise

btdtgtt

Maybe the Ex Rossa manager is in the Knights of Columbanus!
I heard a few things about the situation there - not good. But rather not post rumour of that type on the forum - I sent u a PM Hardstation.
I wasnt at the game but from various sources Rossa managed to throw away a win yesterday with conceding soft goals. Just looking at their two scorelines say it all.

Shamrocks were missing alot of players and won without pushing themselves its seems but yes a decent result for the Johnnies.

Gort are having internal diifculties having takin discipline action against some players it is affecting results - but credit to Sarsfields that a great start and a serious score to put up.

Would have like to see a galls victory yesterday as I think the draw will be enough for Oisins the league looks theirs to lose already. With trouble elsewhere only Galls look like pushing them but at the risk of sounding like a broken record Mr2 boys will drop points once the big ball bounces on the wee ball.

El Plato

Quote from: hardstation on April 23, 2012, 10:17:45 AM
Seems like it has been going on a while

http://www.anphoblacht.com/contents/3485

Antrim GAA Board pull a fast one

Speaking exclusively to An Phoblacht, a senior County Antrim committee member has exposed the attempts of the County Antrim GAA Board to stifle debate about dropping Rule 21 (which bars members of the crown forces from the GAA).

It appears that the Ulster GAA executive has reneged on its decision to allow grassroots club members to decide what direction their County Boards would take at the extraordinary GAA conference on 30 May which will vote on the issue.

The Antrim controversy surrounds three moves. Firstly, at a meeting in Ballycastle last Tuesday, GAA official Joe O'Boyle over-ruled an association by-law in ruling that the vote should be taken by secret ballot, normally reserved for the election of GAA officials.

Secondly, members and club officials have been warned not to talk to the media, under threat of suspension. As one GAA member pointed out, this is contrary to the actions of GAA president Joe McDonagh who has actively courted the media.

But the most serious and undemocratic move by the Antrim Board is the distribution of 18 votes to the three Antrim divisional boards. This means that only a few clubs will have to support the Antrim executive for it to claim a mandate for scrapping Rule 21, effectively silencing any opposition.

The GAA club official expressed concerns not only about the influence of the four Knights of Columbanus on the Antrim County Board, but also at the comments of a senior Board official who told him that Rule 21 was as good as gone.

The GAA source said that rather than a decision coming from the grassroots, as the executive had promised, a decision would come from the top. He added, ``the executive have failed to take the time to consult the people on the ground.'' The committed GAA man said he suspected that the move to drop Rule 21 was being influenced by financial considerations. He simply asked, ``what price is your soul?''

See what I mean, even An Phoblacht know, and talking about Sinister and Hipocritical  ;)  No names HS, no names, you don't know who is watching.
"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

manballandall

Broken record. You? No!

btdtgtt

Quote from: manballandall on April 23, 2012, 11:12:48 AM
Broken record. You? No!

I know but sometimes even my points are valid - and its a slow day in work!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: hardstation on April 23, 2012, 11:20:22 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 23, 2012, 11:05:42 AM
I heard a few things about the situation there - not good. But rather not post rumour of that type on the forum - I sent u a PM Hardstation.
I wasnt at the game but from various sources Rossa managed to throw away a win yesterday with conceding soft goals. Just looking at their two scorelines say it all.
You could be right but I've no idea.

As for the game, we did throw it away alright. Lamh Dhearg went down to 14 when big Joe Doon pulled a horrendous, dirty stroke. We were ahead then with about 5 minutes to go and really should have seen it out. Fair play to Lamh Dhearg though, they kept going. We are leaking some goals alright and our backs would be stronger hurlers than out forwards. Kettle and Eoghan missing out of the backs yesterday though.

The knights of columbanus. WTF is this all about. Is this some sort of free mason equivalent of the county antrim board. I thought you guys where joking now I'm not sure pleased tell me this is a wum. I'm having visions here of inauguration ceremonies in some forest with helmet and swords and maybe a secret steer brand burnt into there butts. whats the purpose of this secret society, just a control freak thing or financial gain. it all sounds very Monty python from where I'm sitting. maybe they just want a shrubbery........... run away run away
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

oisinog

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 23, 2012, 11:36:45 AM
Quote from: hardstation on April 23, 2012, 11:20:22 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 23, 2012, 11:05:42 AM
You could be right but I've no idea.

As for the game, we did throw it away alright. Lamh Dhearg went down to 14 when big Joe Doon pulled a horrendous, dirty stroke. We were ahead then with about 5 minutes to go and really should have seen it out. Fair play to Lamh Dhearg though, they kept going. We are leaking some goals alright and our backs would be stronger hurlers than out forwards. Kettle and Eoghan missing out of the backs yesterday though.

The knights of columbanus. WTF is this all about. Is this some sort of free mason equivalent of the county antrim board. I thought you guys where joking now I'm not sure pleased tell me this is a wum. I'm having visions here of inauguration ceremonies in some forest with helmet and swords and maybe a secret steer brand burnt into there butts. whats the purpose of this secret society, just a control freak thing or financial gain. it all sounds very Monty python from where I'm sitting. maybe they just want a shrubbery........... run away run away

I dont think I would care if they were devil worshippers as long as the county is ran right and the Hurlers and Footballers do well

We have managers in place casement is being redeveloped does anyone really care

johnneycool

Don't know about the knights of Columbanus and the power they yield in Antrim but I have noticed that since we've got fulltime secretaries in place in each county board that the powers that be in Croke park control everything now. There is no real democracy within the GAA now, not that there was a lot in the first place.

Look how quick Duffy (the Croke park one) got the Armagh/Laois issue 'sorted'? Armagh were brought to heel very quickly, granted the overturning of the centre backs suspension sweetened the deal. There was no talking about the queens visit, all rosey in the garden.

That to me is a bit disturbing.

Jesusjones

Ruairi Og 2013 Dunloy 0-7. Anyone actually want to discuss the biggest game of the weekend? Rather than the drivel about knights of dung?

manballandall

Biggest game of the weekend ended in a draw in milltown. Some strokes bordering on assault. When did the glens men become hard men?