Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on April 17, 2012, 10:18:22 PM
talking to a number of galls men, they have been doing a bit.  still fancy oisins but it will be tight one. reckon it'll be worth going to, game of weekend.  also might go to try and identify some of the jokers on this site.  are the changing facilities still a treat.  used to play the odd game there and it was a bit of a disgrace.  what about the pitch ?? on it once or twice after it was renewed and it was pretty shite.  though realise it sees alot of traffic like my own club.  hard to balance the both codes

Christ our lads do a wile bitta talking  ;D

I see you're from Bredagh, they have cracking facilities haven't they? Where do they play again? How many games have Bredagh played at Naomh Gall?

Changing rooms are a lot better than before, not up to the standard of Bredagh's 'own' changing rooms :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

So Mr2 not only do u now admit galls have done some work but I said "prominent" players and u substituted this for "county" players. This proves my point - I am not concerned with what training St Galls do - just pointing out that for some reason u are disingenuous and insist on down-playing ur sides preparations. That's up to you but like I say at this stage it's just crying wolf for the rest of us.

Whatever - fingers crossed for a galls win I think by a single point. This might be the best game of the weekend including the top tier. See u there saff89! Paying in will maybe by u some sliotars mr2!

saffron89

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2012, 10:28:43 PM
Quote from: saffron89 on April 17, 2012, 10:18:22 PM
talking to a number of galls men, they have been doing a bit.  still fancy oisins but it will be tight one. reckon it'll be worth going to, game of weekend.  also might go to try and identify some of the jokers on this site.  are the changing facilities still a treat.  used to play the odd game there and it was a bit of a disgrace.  what about the pitch ?? on it once or twice after it was renewed and it was pretty shite.  though realise it sees alot of traffic like my own club.  hard to balance the both codes

Christ our lads do a wile bitta talking  ;D

I see you're from Bredagh, they have cracking facilities haven't they? Where do they play again? How many games have Bredagh played at Naomh Gall?

Changing rooms are a lot better than before, not up to the standard of Bredagh's 'own' changing rooms :o

now now a little touchy MR2.  Council keeps the toilets working at least.  surface here in cherryvale alot better at times.  Merely pointing out that the pitch was poor last couple of times had been on it.  shortly after it had opened.  for a new pitch it was very poor.  you wouldn't have been in the visitors changing room much. 

these lads shouldn't be talking as you are the official spokesperson for club

will you be inside the wire on Sunday, or on the hill mouthing.

are all the mccourtys going to be in action.  its half the fun listening to the mouthing that is done by the galls men as well.

Strong referee required.  they'll probably send OE who'll try and steal the show

will tosh be in action ??? oisin og or Minder

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 17, 2012, 10:34:14 PM
So Mr2 not only do u now admit galls have done some work but I said "prominent" players and u substituted this for "county" players. This proves my point - I am not concerned with what training St Galls do - just pointing out that for some reason u are disingenuous and insist on down-playing ur sides preparations. That's up to you but like I say at this stage it's just crying wolf for the rest of us.

Whatever - fingers crossed for a galls win I think by a single point. This might be the best game of the weekend including the top tier. See u there saff89! Paying in will maybe by u some sliotars mr2!

Again you said training, I said charity sevens which we have done for years. Boring me now, begining to sound like the last posters who always end up getting kicked off the board for losing it.

Saff89, strange being a Down man supporting the Saffs greatest achievement (getting to All Ireland Final) with your board name ;)

It seems some posters can't stay away :o Your doing all the mouthing here :'(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2012, 10:42:46 PM

Again you said training, I said charity sevens which we have done for years. Boring me now, begining to sound like the last posters who always end up getting kicked off the board for losing it.

Saff89, strange being a Down man supporting the Saffs greatest achievement (getting to All Ireland Final) with your board name ;)

alot like the galls we are a mixed bag over here.  Just a little more polished.  :P

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffron89 on April 17, 2012, 10:44:53 PM

alot like the galls we are a mixed bag over here.  Just a little more polished.  :P

And a decent Galls man looking after the kids too, but you'd know that

El Plato

Really sad state of affairs that St. Gall's have no 'Kahunas!  I never though that applied to the Hurlers in St. Galls, yet maybe the footballers  ;)
"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

Milltown Row2

saffron89

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2012, 10:47:45 PM
Quote from: saffron89 on April 17, 2012, 10:44:53 PM

And a decent Galls man looking after the kids too, but you'd know that

a decent Galls Man ??? 

Might even be one on development crowd looking at possibilities for a more permanent base.  However what we have is pretty central at present and money kind a tight.

saffron89

SIE is the shamrocks management team still the same this year ??.  haven't see much of the mighty BABS thus far.  Is little Jim going to come back on board in the summer.  Mick o'connell and the oil man are they still involved?  your man casey is that him

btdtgtt

Mr2 just for info I said "work" not training so that covers your "charity 7s"
Anyway Gettin boring as u say - I just think I have proven my point that you seem intent on playing down galls hurling preparations/commitment - for whatever reason known only to yourself. I even think that's the consensus in the board so not sure why I would get "kicked off"!!

Anyway good luck on sunday.

And for what it's worth I dare say breadagh has more than just former galls making up the ranks! Plenty of former westies who prefer to stay in leafy south Belfast for reasons we all know! More social / economic than sporting!
That's said there is a valid argument that all clubs begin with elements from others. I genuinely love to see the gaa presence in south Belfast and hope it continues to go from strength to strength! After all, the 2nd and 3rd generations will in effect be born & bred bredagh. Or carryduff! Fair play and if I am not mistaken both clubs are already causing ripples amongst the old order.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on April 17, 2012, 10:57:36 PM
SIE is the shamrocks management team still the same this year ??.  haven't see much of the mighty BABS thus far.  Is little Jim going to come back on board in the summer.  Mick o'connell and the oil man are they still involved?  your man casey is that him
The management is the same, as far as I know. You'd have seen them if you'd been at the Dunloy and Portaferry matches.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Jesusjones

Any predictions for this weekends matches?

btdtgtt

Here's my effort JJ - Div1 hard to call this week:

Loughuile V Ballycran - LOUGHUILE (easily)
St Johns V Ballygalget - ST JOHNS (home advantage to tell)
Portaferry V Ballycastle - PORTAFERRY (long trip no good for the Town)
Dunloy V Cushendall - CUSHENDALL (close call)

-----

Carey V TirNaNog - CAREY (home advantage)
GortNaMona V Sarsfields - GORTNAMONA  (home advantage)
St Galls V Glenarriffe - ST GALLS (maybe by a point, though could go either way)
Rossa V Lamh Dearg - DRAW (toss of a coin)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 18, 2012, 10:45:17 AM
Here's my effort JJ - Div1 hard to call this week:

Loughuile V Ballycran - LOUGHUILE (easily)
St Johns V Ballygalget - ST JOHNS (home advantage to tell)
Portaferry V Ballycastle - PORTAFERRY (long trip no good for the Town)
Dunloy V Cushendall - CUSHENDALL (close call)

-----

Carey V TirNaNog - CAREY (home advantage)
GortNaMona V Sarsfields - GORTNAMONA  (home advantage)
St Galls V Glenarriffe - ST GALLS (maybe by a point, though could go either way)
Rossa V Lamh Dearg - DRAW (toss of a coin)

Loughgiel by 20
Ballygalget St Johns game. A tight game, either way. Galget by 1
Ballycastle, they won handy in Ards last week don't see any real reason they won't again
Cushendall to shade it if Shortty isn't playing
Carey to win
Sarsfields to continue winning form, Gorts in disarray
Can't call our game, hope we win
Rossa can't afford another defeat, should account for Lamhs but only just.