Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on April 17, 2012, 02:18:27 PM
There is a fine line between what you can and can't say to kids but I'm taking this outlook....

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 17, 2012, 02:13:50 PM
we cant judge if we didnt hear what was said.

IMO I would have thought it would be safe to assume that he wouldnt be insulting the lads parentage or getting into personal insults. Yeah I would say it was probably colourful and close to the bone at times. As most on here would know am not a massive fan of the manager in question but I would defend him on this one and condemn the pettiness of either the lads or parents involved in putting this story around.

DearyMe

Who is the county minor manager?
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

NAG1

Yeah totally agree HS

Just my opinion that this would be the type of lad/ parent that would buckle under pressure anyway so maybe no big loss.

Last Man

Quote from: NAG1 on April 17, 2012, 02:47:46 PM
Yeah totally agree HS

Just my opinion that this would be the type of lad/ parent that would buckle under pressure anyway so maybe no big loss.

+1

NAG1

Quote from: hardstation on April 17, 2012, 03:00:48 PM
Yeah totally agree HS

Fcuk I don't know if you can say that, Nag. I wouldn't like you to be the go to man on child protection issues if that's your attitude....

HS, wasnt referring to any kind of child abuse thats on a different level. My point simply was that if a lad/ parent cant take a good old fashioned managerial rant (i.e. as I said above one without personal insulting) then to me that shows a lack of strength of character and in my experience these are the personality types that crumble when it comes to the crunch anyway.

I know we are talking in the hypothetical here but I had prefaced that by saying that I didnt think the man in question would have gone down that route. If I am proved to be wrong on that one would happily hold my hands up and say yeah he crossed the line and any parent would / should withdraw their lad in that case.

Last Man

Yeah totally agree HS

Fcuk I don't know if you can say that, Nag. I wouldn't like you to be the go to man on child protection issues if that's your attitude....
You wouldn't have it in the policy document but not many would see you "burned at the stake" for quietly holding this opinion.

johnneycool

Got a beating from Ballycastle at the weekend past. They look to have got themselves organised a lot better than they have been in recent years, although their trainer (Cassidy I think) would do better than running on the field every farts end.

They started with the aid of a stiff breeze and we were going reasonably well, point for point for long enough then a few moments of madness let them in for a soft goal, followed by another dropping off Grahams hand into the net, as well as a well taken goal by their corner forward. That give them a seven point lead at half time.

They were then able to pack their defence and we never made any inroads into that lead as we don't have any aerial ball winners at all in our forwards. McAuley and Pinkie were catching all that came their way with ease and putting good ball into their forwards.

We may rue those home points as we'll not pick many up away from home.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Last Man on April 17, 2012, 03:19:11 PM
Yeah totally agree HS

You wouldn't have it in the policy document but not many would see you "burned at the stake" for quietly holding this opinion.

You're talking about 17 year old lads. not f**king babies!! Most of these 'kids' are working or heading to college in September. probably mouthy wee shites also to boot.

Providing he pubically didn't run down someone on their own and the bollocking was a collective then this is a non story. It's this sort of thing that stops people getting involved with taking teams.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Is that what stops St Galls from getting a HURLING manager MR ?
Any developments with that yet ?
Still not training ? lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on April 17, 2012, 03:41:44 PM
Still not training ? lol

Our treasure won't release funds for hurling balls so we can't train, until then we'll just play football, plenty of those things lying around :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Having difficulties with the club committee isnt a good start for any manager but not having access to balls is a major issue for any manager....surely its not bad .
Is this another cry wolf situation like your no training scenarion which was totally blown out of the water last wednesday against the premier club. ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 17, 2012, 03:49:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2012, 03:29:33 PM
probably mouthy wee shites also to boot.
Any other assumptions we want to make about them?

FFS!

Yeah, probably glue sniffers and sheep shaggers FFS

Oops that was just the minor team i was on. Ed McCoy was playing lol

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2012, 03:55:04 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 17, 2012, 03:49:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2012, 03:29:33 PM
probably mouthy wee shites also to boot.
Any other assumptions we want to make about them?

FFS!

Yeah, probably glue sniffers and sheep shaggers FFS

Oops that was just the minor team i was on. Ed McCoy was playing lol

Thats the problem..you shag 1 sheep and you get the name of a sheep shagger. ;D

btdtgtt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2012, 03:46:51 PM
Still not training ? lol

Our treasure won't release funds for hurling balls so we can't train, until then we'll just play football, plenty of those things lying around :P

Mr2 why do you insist on maintaining the notion that galls don't train for hurling? And now it's extended to no sliotars? What next only footballers allowed to wear jerseys? Have to walk to away games?

The fact is St galls do train for hurling - I have had several conversations with 2 different first teamers!

So can we stop this charade whatever your agenda is?!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2012, 03:46:51 PM
Still not training ? lol

mr2 i dont know if this will help but i can source you balls way cheaper than o niells. as good a quality maybe even hold up better in wet training. if your intrested pm me and ill give you his details
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets