Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Plato

"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

oisinog

Quote from: saffron89 on April 16, 2012, 05:03:01 PM
hard to beat a bit of immature slabbering.  a credit to all you mouths out there.  OisinOg surprised at your choices for best things to happen in antrim.  you had been champion other keepers.  Wonder if you are actually an oisin at all.  Stand out thing imo for saffrons

Securing a decent manager, we have had a few turkeys in the past. (due to their approach to leagues and u21 set ups)
decent set of leagues
relatively competitive in the B layer of hurling

By the way terrible result for the saffron hurlers minor level at weekend.  what happened there

I think DD is the best keeper Antrim has had since Niall Patterson and yes I'm an Oisin

JamesH

Oisin Og I'd have to disagree with you on the DD, vote who i rate as current number one by a mile but my choice has to go to Shane Elliott who was superb for the County for at least 10 years, until injury cut short his career, but its all opinions.

Jesusjones

For my money Gareth Magee is head and shoulders the best keeper in Ulster and as good as any in Ireland.

El Plato

Quote from: Jesusjones on April 17, 2012, 07:23:57 AM
For my money Gareth Magee is head and shoulders the best keeper in Ulster and as good as any in Ireland.
Have a titter of wit!  Are you on the drugs man?  ;D

DearyMe

Heard the county minor manager ripped through the team after game last weekend.  Heard by parents picking kids up!
How the Down team shouldn be on same pitch, lazy bunch of so and sos, not fit to wear the antrim jersey.

Who do the minors play next? :o
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

El Plato

Quote from: DearyMe on April 17, 2012, 09:56:17 AM
Heard the county minor manager ripped through the team after game last weekend.  Heard by parents picking kids up!
How the Down team shouldn be on same pitch, lazy bunch of so and sos, not fit to wear the antrim jersey.

"Mol an oige agus tiocfaidh si"  Praise the young and they will flourish/thrive - He's really setting a good example to young lads, he should not be anywhere near them if you ask me >:(  I am seriously thinking of writing a letter of complaint, but sure who would act on it, the Casement Mafia? ???  I hear some parents/clubs are threatening to withdraw their young lads from the squad?

Megaman

Quote from: El Plato on April 17, 2012, 11:15:37 AM

"Mol an oige agus tiocfaidh si"  Praise the young and they will flourish/thrive - He's really setting a good example to young lads, he should not be anywhere near them if you ask me >:(  I am seriously thinking of writing a letter of complaint, but sure who would act on it, the Casement Mafia? ???  I hear some parents/clubs are threatening to withdraw their young lads from the squad?

Yeah, cause that would show the kids a good example as well  ::)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on April 17, 2012, 11:27:25 AM

Parents taking their 17 year old kids away from the panel?????????????????????????? Could have imagine my Da saying that to me when i playing, ha
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Whats the issue here, players played crap manager lands a few home truths, this is what is wrong with this generation and their pandering parents.

Cant/ Wont take any sort of criticism and always look for the easy way out, pull out of the panel and bitch about the manager.

What would be wrong with a parent for once saying to their young lad, yes you were poor and yes your manager was right to give you a rocket. So for the next game you go and prove that you are good enough and that you deserve to play IC Minor hurling. Too little responsibility is being taken on board by players at all levels.

optimus cheese

Quote from: NAG1 on April 17, 2012, 11:37:52 AM

Whats the issue here, players played crap manager lands a few home truths, this is what is wrong with this generation and their pandering parents.

Cant/ Wont take any sort of criticism and always look for the easy way out, pull out of the panel and bitch about the manager.

What would be wrong with a parent for once saying to their young lad, yes you were poor and yes your manager was right to give you a rocket. So for the next game you go and prove that you are good enough and that you deserve to play IC Minor hurling. Too little responsibility is being taken on board by players at all levels.

Correct. Shows how mentally tough they are that they respond to adversary by having  wee cry and telling on the bad man rather than show some kahunas and appetite to come back stronger.

El Plato

Quote from: optimus cheese on April 17, 2012, 11:50:52 AM

Correct. Shows how mentally tough they are that they respond to adversary by having  wee cry and telling on the bad man rather than show some kahunas and appetite to come back stronger.
You would do well not to be making reference to 'Kahunas' here lad (Kahunas is BIG Balls, this is a Wee Balls site), don't appear to exist on this fora.  I was only stating what I was told, that 'some parents' were non too pleased with the Managers tyrannical outburst.  Don't shoot me, I am just a little 'Duck!  ;D

Last Man

Its a big problem with all but a few U16/minors playing in and for Antrim atm. As a coach it would drive you nuts but at the end of the day ganchin only makes you feel better and the players just forget about it when they walk out the door.  They just cant live with any level of pain or the potential of getting a slap and hurling away regardless. All in the mind stuff.  Parents thinking of taking their kids away might be better served asking themselves why their sons are so ill equipped
to handle themselves.

north_antrim_hound

we cant judge if we didnt hear what was said. if he was getting personal with some players etc thats not on. but if they are getting a collective bo*licking for an under par performance then take it on the chin and no whinging. anybody that ever hurled has heard this stuff and going crying to the parents is over the top.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets