Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Plato

I was at the Loughgiel  v Dunloy game myself last Sunday. EH done a fine job despite being up against it from the outset.  I have subsequently been informed that Elliott and Duffy both pulled out of this game.  Says a lot if you ask me, when our alleged top hurling refs pull out of what was always going to be a controversial game.
"I should have utilised the Spell Check" El Pato.

Milltown Row2

How many referees on this site now? Nearly as many as the Loughgiel posters :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2012, 11:12:11 PM
Heard the minors lost the Ulster Minor League Final today. That's not great......

Anyone know anything?
Just guessing I'd say it's more likely an U17 team. The proper minor team won Leinster league beating Carlow, Laois, Westmeath etc

El Plato

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 14, 2012, 11:44:23 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on April 14, 2012, 11:34:52 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 13, 2012, 10:22:54 AM
Thats what McCullough & duffy think - Tongue in cheek from me HS.

Garrett Duffy?

I hope he sees more as a manager than he does when doing the line for Owen Elliott, but then again his club mate was managing the other team!!

Gavin not Garrett.

If there's money in it, both Duffs will be there ;)

btdtgtt

I imagine Duffy (Gavin that is) would be doing well getting money off Rossa hardstation?!
And his mate McCullough may hope it's not performance related!
I joke - but I was talking to a few of your boys less than impressed by the new set up - hopefully it gets sorted out. On the point tho what us happening with Rossa house and Rossa park etc? Big few years for the not so premier club? I hope you guys do things right on and off field.

On a more positive note are galls going to give the hurling league it's proper dues? I think they are 100% committed no matter what u say mr2! The question is where're this will be maintained once the big ball kicks in.

Big win for sarsfields too - if Randalstown are struggling maybe another Belfast side might stay up?
And for a little mix - what about the men from up the hill? I believe them to be the most under-rated side in the league?

Division1 seems so irrelevant to me (obvious bias I know) but also because I suspect it us irrelevant to dall & shamrocks alike - volunteer cup or nothing. Understandable.

Last Man

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2012, 11:12:11 PM
Heard the minors lost the Ulster Minor League Final today. That's not great......

Anyone know anything?
I think this team is selected from the "posibles" section of the squad as opposed the "probables" who played in the Leinster. Much in it?

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: El Plato on April 14, 2012, 11:09:22 PM
I was at the Loughgiel  v Dunloy game myself last Sunday. EH done a fine job despite being up against it from the outset.  I have subsequently been informed that Elliott and Duffy both pulled out of this game.  Says a lot if you ask me, when our alleged top hurling refs pull out of what was always going to be a controversial game.

EP or is it ET? Elliot to the best of my knowledge was never offered the game, take that up with Uncle T, and Duffy I believe was not available due to illness, so as per usual rumor mongering still alive and kicking! If we hadn't treated Ray the way we did he could have taken it, Hi MR2 did you not get a shout? Keep it real EP!

lonely1

El Plato 3rd level education was at last a benefit to the two lads then ;D

Milltown Row2

Some shite posted on this thread lately, anyone would think it's being done on purpose.

ManInBlackandGreen were you not well also for the Dunloy game? I'll not be refereeing this year, very busy doing other things.

As Last Ma has said, they main players played in the Leinster league and did rightly. It's great that the second string were able to gel and play games in the Ulster league, they will all be minor again next year no doubt and will benefit from this. Forward thinking for a change.

Again If a clubman managing his own club is getting a wage he needs smacked!! By all means he shouldn't be out of money in terms of phoning players, and travel (should he live more than 5 miles away). Our club hasn't a washer nevermind money to pay coaches. I think any payments that do go on in clubs are done by 'money men' within the club who aren't afraid to put up some cash. Prefer it to be given to the club and spent on more needed things like sticks, balls, coaching gear, maintenance of the pitch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ManInBlackandGreen

Na MR2 still receiving treatment for that sphincter problem that dogs me around this time of year, must check my txt messages again though 2 b sure 2 b sure ;) Big ball today, whey hey!

El Plato

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on April 15, 2012, 09:09:47 AM

EP or is it ET? Elliot to the best of my knowledge was never offered the game, take that up with Uncle T, and Duffy I believe was not available due to illness, so as per usual rumor mongering still alive and kicking! If we hadn't treated Ray the way we did he could have taken it, Hi MR2 did you not get a shout? Keep it real EP!
I am keeping it 'REAL'  ManInBlackandGreen. Seems their balls have really went south following the RM incident at Rasharkin. For me anyway, the right man got the call and did a decent job, all things considered.

ManInBlackandGreen

Quote from: El Plato on April 15, 2012, 12:39:41 PM

I am keeping it 'REAL'  ManInBlackandGreen. Seems their balls have really went south following the RM incident at Rasharkin. For me anyway, the right man got the call and did a decent job, all things considered.

Hit a nerve A Chara :'( And it was in Ballymena not rasharkin, I see 3rd level education didn't reach some of us ;) Im glad EH was your right man, he's a great lad as are the other two, they all work hard as volunteers, like the rest of us

ManInBlackandGreen

Oh Yes, get the info right before you come and stir the shit, seems to be a lot of this lately, I always deal in facts and defend my colleagues when it is warranted! No one ever said EH did a bad job, and if you can work this forum right take a look at previous posts, instead of venting your own sad and senseless agenda,

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. "Plato", maybe you should have chosen a different avatar that reflects closer to your ability ;D

Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil. :P

El Plato

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on April 15, 2012, 01:04:17 PM
Quote from: El Plato on April 15, 2012, 12:39:41 PM

Hit a nerve A Chara :'( And it was in Ballymena not rasharkin, I see 3rd level education didn't reach some of us ;) Im glad EH was your right man, he's a great lad as are the other two, they all work hard as volunteers, like the rest of us
Third Level education may develop Intellect in some rare cases, but not necessarily 'the Balls' charachter or integrity!

ManInBlackandGreen

Too true A Chara, I'd change the Avatar then, strikes too much of wanna be/never will be. Enough of this banter, need to get ready long journey ahead today, duty calls ;)