Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManInBlackandGreen

btdtgtt, Im sure owen appreciates the compliment ;)

Minder

Quote from: oisinog on April 12, 2012, 05:11:28 PM
Mr2 may confirm this but I think the game is off on Sunday.

It was scheduled for Sunday week I thought, not this weekend.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

oisinog

Quote from: Minder on April 12, 2012, 05:53:10 PM
Quote from: oisinog on April 12, 2012, 05:11:28 PM
Mr2 may confirm this but I think the game is off on Sunday.

It was scheduled for Sunday week I thought, not this weekend.

Christ I cant read It is fixed for the 22nd I am a dipstick

Last Man

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on April 12, 2012, 05:03:31 PM
Jesus reading this website since Sunday you'd think we had no good refs in the county, you obviously have an issue with Owen saffronog?
His clubmate??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on April 12, 2012, 04:20:11 PM
Was at the town johnnies game, both would need to lift their game.  However town missing quite a few.  Reckon they are only team at present that could realistically challenge the big 3.  Thought oisins would have done it about 4 years ago but they have slipped.  Still unsure of dunloy potential, underage they have been well below power for good few years.  Will try and attend galls and oisins game, already looks like league decider, more importantly could be a belter.  Needs good ref, but they're likely to get Elliot.

Elliot refereed the game well and seemed to enjoy it. Can't see everything, but as i always say, the referee doesn't lose you the match. I'll give off during the game during tight calls but would be the first to shake the refs hand after a game. I'm glad we have the top referees taking the div 2 games.

As for our game being a league decider, behave  ???. A lot of teams will take points off other clubs during the year, should be a competitive league with 3/4 teams pushing for league honours at the end. I hope we have a good league in prep for Championship, maybe go for the league the following year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oisinog

I dont mind elliot though sometime he can be a bit of a twat when you ask him a question during the game.

He tends to let a bit go and tries to keep the game quick

ruairi

St Galls looked very sharp for a team that weren't training. They should be favourites for that league on that performance. long way to go but would fancy them for Glenarriffe game whenever it is. 

BlackandAmber

Quote from: NAG1 on April 12, 2012, 02:29:19 PM
BlackandAmber

Think that's more to be sad about, that you have that quality of player within your club and still haven't had a result of note in the past number of years.

First of I got that wrong about Clarke. He did'nt play.

I know what you mean NAG1 like but can't agree. I mean Pinky has been class for years but no one can do it himself. But if you look at them boys I mentioned like Pinky and Cossie has been there for maybe 15 years. Chris Boyle a good while too but who else? Hippy and Neal maybe 4 or 5 years senior. All them other boys is young fellas and some boys might be good enough for senior but you have to give them a year or two for to get consistant. Steve McGarry is maybe 25 or so but has he palyed 2 years for us without injury or fitness problems. Even Dallat was only startin senior before he went away. Played maybe a year. Clarke and Jennings never played a year before soccer took them. Not cryin like but holdin some of them young boys is'nt easy. But we have a whole lot of good young boys now and maybe in a year or two they might produce.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2012, 10:04:47 PM
Quote from: ruairi on April 12, 2012, 09:53:32 PM
St Galls looked very sharp for a team that weren't training. They should be favourites for that league on that performance. long way to go but would fancy them for Glenarriffe game whenever it is.
St. Galls are a good team with good players when they get them all together but watching them last night, there was nobody new in their team. What I'm saying is that they have all played for a number of years and have still failed to get promotion, even though they should have been good enough. There must be a reason for this. The obvious one is football. Going up to Rossa in the first game in the league and before the football has started is well and good but it's the results in the aul yucky away matches a couple of months down the line (approaching the business end of the football) that will count. Can they get the same commitment? As I said last night, it would be very interesting to see them go hell for leather at the hurling.

Exactly Hardstation, we will only be a football club, which is unfortunate, I think if we tried for 2/3 years we could compete properly.

Though none of the Belfast teams seem to travel well, remember Glenarm Hardstation?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

We need to be in div 1 and have a steady campaign there to progress at Championship, but only one team goes up, unlike the football, but 'it's the clubs that vote this in' crap that annoys me. Two up two down!!!!

This yeah hopefully we will only have Aidso playing county football, I'm hearing we might get some more ex county footballers back playing hurling this year also. CJ and Burkey already played the other night so ya never know!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2012, 10:57:11 PM
Any word on big Andy? I would imagine the hope is to get Burkey playing out the field a bit (midfield maybe) and Andy at full back.

Burkey played well at FB the other night and played there last season, would be great to have all players but it's hard on the dual lads, we still haven't trained, and nothing fixed. No official manager either!!

btdtgtt

An embarassment of riches mr2? I really was impressed by galls the other night if football stops u it will be the denial of promotion before oisins or Rossa! Altho a work pal tells me ur claim Of not training is a bit false - "we play 7s and train on Saturday it's great" is a direct quote. Maybe others could learn.  Would love to see Karl and mcgourty's in loughiel and cushendall regularly.

I hear the lambs were good against gortnamona could be interesting v Rossa next game - but I will pass to watch galls v oisins.

Will be interesting to see how lambs go tho - potential there. As for Rossa - hardstation I think ur dream team management is being exposed? Slack v galls and cosmetics don't last on
Pitch?

I think the lambs might have a say on this league but at the end if the day it's galls v Oisin and the winner will depend on how much galls football is involved.

btdtgtt

Thats what McCullough & duffy think - Tongue in cheek from me HS.

johnneycool

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 13, 2012, 10:22:54 AM

Garrett Duffy?

I hope he sees more as a manager than he does when doing the line for Owen Elliott, but then again his club mate was managing the other team!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on April 14, 2012, 11:34:52 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on April 13, 2012, 10:22:54 AM

Garrett Duffy?

I hope he sees more as a manager than he does when doing the line for Owen Elliott, but then again his club mate was managing the other team!!

Gavin not Garrett.