Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Bob

And what if there is a very heavy Cushendall contingent. Young Graffin has been one of the best, if not the best Defender on show in the Antrim Leagues this year. Also Shane McNaughton has continually trained hard and played well for his club, tackles hard and can take a score. His work rate is great. A current county defender even made the comment that he hates marking shane more than any other player, cause he never lets the man get away easy. Lets get behid the lads and push them onto victory. At the end of the day, its not a team of 15, it a panel of 30 players who all stand together to become a great team.

girt_giggler

Anyone at the Loughgiel v Cushendall Darragh Cup game the other night? just after reading on the north antrim site about abit of shenanigans going on.  anyone any details?

milltown row

johnneycool, we have been very generous about the Ulster hurling quarter final and reserve league match. i hope we get some free tickets for drinks afterwards :P

Ruairi Og exile

Girt. I was at it. Cushendall were down two points in injury time with a free 30 or 40 yards out to drop in to try & get a goal to win. A bit of scuffle broke out in the square, a argument broke out between a Loughgiel spectator & a umpire from Cushendall. The loughgiel spectator was telling the young shamrocks to lay the stick into the b******d's, the cushendall umpire took offence to these comments, they started arguing..then the umpire ran out of the pitch & chased after the spectator & a fight broke out..... Not a very pretty scene & not good behaviour

Cushendall hit the free wide  >:(

girt_giggler

big shame and doesnt paint a pretty picture for antim hurling. worst of it is, it was a minor match, so adults getting pysical like this in what was a 'kids' match after all.

sounds like neither side are blame-less, but ye can hardly blame the cushendall chap from whacking the slabber if that kind of abuse was aimed at you. no-one would accept it on the street, no difference if same happens at a match or anywhere else.

first thing that sprung to my mind was why was there a cushendall (and i assume also loughgiel) persons doing umpire?  why not neutral considering it was a championship match, albeit it a North Antrim one?

waawaa

and tony what would you know? you call them cowardly b$@tard from behind a computer with a false name???? makes sense!!

Balboa

Quote from: waawaa on June 27, 2007, 01:37:54 PM
and tony what would you know? you call them cowardly b$@tard from behind a computer with a false name???? makes sense!!

Waawaa, you go and find anyone on this board that is posting under their real name, would be interested to hear your results. On the subject of Loughguile supporters, lets just say they have previous...attacking Billy Reid after a match etc.

Glensman

Umpire was completely justified in what he did I reckon. Not the best example but what kind of sc**bag says that at minor matches with children running about...arguably the kind of sc**bag who will grow up and hit dirty slaps.

Its not just Loughgeil of course...several clubs have previous but Loughgeil are certainly up there.
It would actually maybe have been good for Antrim if Loughgeil had've won one of their county finals but every time it comes round to that time of year its hard to forget a certain element of their fans - you couldn't love some of them if you reared them...

johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on June 27, 2007, 11:50:12 AM
johnneycool, we have been very generous about the Ulster hurling quarter final and reserve league match. i hope we get some free tickets for drinks afterwards :P

Sent you a PM Milltown, it seems the wheels are already in motion.

aontroim abu

sh1t i can just see you 2 at the bar - some sense being talked there

girt_giggler

i like beer. anyone for casement on sat fancy pre match drinks? a board meet-up!  lots of sense being talked there, and that would be before alcohol consumption

McCracken

Gents,

I am and will always be a Loughguile man. I have been involved in the past with our seniors and in the end had to step back due to Family commitments. During my time involved, both myself and my colleagues were, on more than a few occasions, on the wrong side of our fellow parishioner who was involved in the incident the other night. I would have to say that because of some of the things that he has come out with in the past, I have little or no respect for the man, and to be honest I can see exactly why someone would like to smack him.

However, Also in my time, I have been jeered, taunted, spat on and even kicked by players and officials of the opposition. I am proud to say that even with all this I have never got involved. Its something that we should not do or condone. To me this is and shall always remain to be the greatest game on earth, and whilst we will always have a few loudmouths in each of our clubs, we should always remember that as fellow Gaels we should be able to keep the fierce rivalry on the feld and shake hands afterwards. You win some you lose some, but every dog will have his day.

I was at the match the other night, and it was a cracker. Even with the sendings off, both deservedly, the game had everything. The scuffle was something that shouldnt have happened, but its over and done with, lets move on. I'm sure that the Dall will give us that one if they get one over on us again later in the year.

waawaa

and tony what would you know? you call them cowardly b$@tard from behind a computer with a false name? makes sense!!

Waawaa, you go and find anyone on this board that is posting under their real name, would be interested to hear your results. On the subject of Loughguile supporters, lets just say they have previous...attacking Billy Reid after a match etc.

My young friend I was meerly trying to make a point to Mr Ba-low-me. I know this is a site were fake identities are the done thing but I am trying to emphasis the point that he is stereotyping all loughgiel people in his comment and not just the so-called 'supporters'. Loughgiel, like any club, have there element of supporters who give their club a bad name......just look at the previous posts on a local derby game played not so long ago....was this game not tinted with supporter abuse?? But they also have their die-hard supporters who give their commitment to the players and mentors and have nothing but encouragment for their team!!

Ruairi Og exile

McCracken, I agree yous deserved to win on Monday & I hope our boys do get one back on yous later on this year. 5 Darragh Cups(a very important cup for Cushendall) was good going. The scenes werent good but it was over pretty quickly thank God.

Anyway back to Hurling..what are the chances for Saturday..I would reallly love Antrim to win but I just cant see it I'm afraid. Training seems to be going very well at present. Hopefully a big attendace at the match should help the boys

McCracken

Ruairi Og Exile, It would be nice to see Antrim do well ok, but If i'm being honest I cant see it, and I'm really sorry to say I dont really care. I've gone to the south too many times full of hope, decked out in my colours and found myself sat beside people from the big counties looking down their noses at me because I was from Antrim. They pissed me off before a ball was ever hit and then we failed to perform.

I would however really like to see club games back to the good old days where there were meaningful senior and reserve matches every Sunday throughout the summer. Despite every clubs usual bad apples, there is generally good will between most clubs, and a fantastic level of rivalry. There is simply no substitute for the feeling you get when your club does well. It s also particularly shitty when you lose 4 Championship finals in a row, but thats the way it goes. Is is never someones turn, you just have to go and win it!!

Cant see me making it to the match on Sunday, but will be willing them on quietly from Loughguile.