Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: oisinog on April 04, 2012, 02:06:45 PM
I would like to hear from MR2 if Galls have a hurling manager yet.

They are leaving it late as the first round of games start next wednesday night

No manager as yet, getting close to first game next wed night against Rossa FFS
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oisinog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 04, 2012, 02:27:22 PM

Whats happening there MR2 I know we have you in our second game. After a good year last year I would have though you would have had a number of people intrested

( Hopefully some other posters may learn from this sensible discussion)

btdtgtt

Thats why I maintain Glenarrife will get promoted with a bit to spare.

Galls and Rossa are able to lift their game and perform at their best levels for short spells (Championship) but Oisins can maintain a higher level throughout the season.

They are able to focus on promotion from this league and not get "side-tracked"

NAG1

I would also tend to agree, simply for the fact that neither Rossa nor St Galls would be well known for travelling in strength.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 04, 2012, 02:38:25 PM
I would also tend to agree, simply for the fact that neither Rossa nor St Galls would be well known for travelling in strength.

Mid week that is  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Not too far to travel for your first game MR2 - looking forward to it!
I wonder what the bookies might think!

manballandall

My money is on Rossa for the league.
Glenariff wouldnt be known as good travellers either from memory but they wouldnt get much games away from home during the week ?

johnneycool

Do the chairman, secretary and treasurer not step in then MR2?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on April 04, 2012, 03:30:04 PM

Do the chairman, secretary and treasurer not step in then MR2?

Has happened before, usually some mug steps in ;)

manballandall

Anyone in mind MR?

Doesnt give any manager much chance at this stage. Would all your hurlers be involved playing football and therefore have been able to maintain a level of fitness although that doesnt take away from the need for stickwork ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: manballandall on April 04, 2012, 03:57:44 PM
Anyone in mind MR?

Doesnt give any manager much chance at this stage. Would all your hurlers be involved playing football and therefore have been able to maintain a level of fitness although that doesnt take away from the need for stickwork ?

They are fit, a lot of young lads and with us who have been hurling with school, county minor and college, two senior county players also, so not all bad. Only having big Aidso on the county football panel we might be able to have McLean back playing for us and Burkey will be available to play more league games than before. With the county team usually training on nights the hurlers play it was stopping us from bringing strong teams up the county.

The panel this year could be a lot stronger and with more experience. All the McGourty's could be playing also

JamesH

Just heard the result from the Foresters Cup, Garron Tower(St Killian's) beat St Marys by 2 points today in Ballymena, an unreal result for the Tower, first Foresters since 1975. Sambos son Christy net ed to steal it near the end, hes a great talent. The Dall must have had at least 6 on the team, Larne 4 . Just proves guts and application wins every time. Those lads will all line out tonight against Shamrocks in the First round of the Darragh Cup, fair play to the they've taken quite a few hammerings at the hands of St Mary's in the last few years.

btdtgtt

Sounds more like it MR2!
With more players available this year I expect a big league showing from galls - div1 hurling & football would be nice for the club?!

saffronog

Quote from: JamesH on April 04, 2012, 04:47:56 PM
Just heard the result from the Foresters Cup, Garron Tower(St Killian's) beat St Marys by 2 points today in Ballymena, an unreal result for the Tower, first Foresters since 1975. Sambos son Christy net ed to steal it near the end, hes a great talent. The Dall must have had at least 6 on the team, Larne 4 . Just proves guts and application wins every time. Those lads will all line out tonight against Shamrocks in the First round of the Darragh Cup, fair play to the they've taken quite a few hammerings at the hands of St Mary's in the last few years.

yes i was at that game today, played on a splendid ballymena surface.  That was a brilliant game, needed it after sundays horror show.  Thought GT fantastic.  That is the past 2 years i have watched finals between these two teams, last year round this time of year their Y10 team beat st marys.  McNaughton was alot better that day.  he is a talent.  Most of the same crowd were there today. Best match was however the one in october when st marys won.  it was fantastic.  School hurling super from what i can see.  Just hope St Louis make a comeback soon. 

Minder

There is supposed to be a young fella plays on that Garron Tower Forresters team from Glenarm, that is as good as has been in Antrim at that age for a good few years. Think he is McNeill.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"