Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on April 03, 2012, 10:20:41 PM
From county site. Fair play to Jerry

ENIOR HURLING, INTER COUNTY

The 2012 National Division !B Hurling League has now concluded for Aontroim Senior Hurling and here is a brief report.

Games
Aontroim 3.20    Loughgeil  3.17         S.H.Challenge        22nd January 2012
Aontroim 1.21    Ulster       0.12         S.H.Challenge        11th  February 2012
Aontroim 3.18    Wexford   2.15         NHL 2012               26th February 2012
Aontroim 0.12    Clare        0.20        NHL 2012(a)           11th March 2012
Aontroim 1.17    Offlay       1.22        NHL 2012 (a)          18th March 2012
Aontroim 2.18    Laois        2.16        NHL 2012 (a)          25th March 2012
Aontroim 0.17    Limerick   3.22         NHL 2012               1st April 2012

Consoladation

" It would be a huge disappointment for Antrim if they were to drop down a division, especially if it was caused by their County Champions doing so well, but it's a real possibility" Irish Independent 25/2/2012 (Martin Breheny)

Well we have achieved and consoladated our position in Division 1B for the 2013 Hurling League.This will afford the development of Hurling in Aontroim quality games and also focus the "change of attitude to the league" mindset,  as the league can no longer be ignored with the tougher and more accomplished opposition that sit within Division 1B. Our league form was about getting a competitive, improved, better balanced side with plenty of ambition (no excuses for the absence of the Loughgeil players) together and this remains the task going forward for the management team.

Minor Hurling

Sambo and his management team and players are to be credited for their performances to-date. Support from the Clubs and Divisions are needed to help "Identify an evening" that can be set aside for the collective training of the County Minor Hurling Panel and Development panel.

FE21 Hurling

As Senior Hurling Manager with a link to this group, up to last Saturday March 21st, I have to express my disappointment. Approximately 68 players between the age of 19 and under 21 were identified by a process of involving the clubs in late October 2011 to nominate players for consideration. John MacIntosh and Danny Simpson were appointed to oversee the workings of this "Development Concept". The squad were and are placed in UUJ training venue with notification of training/games placed on the Aontroim web-site. The debacle of last years F21 Inter County game v Dublin in the championship are well documented. I as senior hurling manager has at this stage got to question the "Attitude" of the players to this initiative to develope the Intercounty Fe 21s. Aontroim needs to see a "Change of Attitude" and "Support" to this initiative.

GOING FORWARD

The Senior Inter County Hurling/ Fe 21 Hurling programs take a time out until Tuesday 17th April 2012, when we resume our preparation for the upcoming Lenister Championship clash with Westmeath on May 19th in Mullingar. The Fe 21 Development squads will play games on Wednesday 18th and 25th May against Senior selections.
Rounds of the County Leagues are starting and I as Senior Hurling Manager encourage the participation of the players that formed our National League Panel in these games as long as they are fit.
This two week break from last Sundays final league game gives the management team time to review.
Finally, I would like to thank all those supporters who have travelled to our away and home games in the league, yes it was "Frustrating" last Sunday!!!!!!!!

Diarmuid De Bhailis
Bainisteoir Foirne Aointroim 2012

I cant believe that first result!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 03, 2012, 09:09:15 PM
Agh no skull, unlike who I heard it from, I don't trust you.

Well you've no reason not to trust me so its maybe a convenience  in this case. I know you 100% wouldnt post it regardless of how trustworthy the source was anyway...........and that's my point. Truth has nothing to do with why you posted that. The best interests of Antrim hurling wasn't it either.

It was from a very impartial source btw so I'm just a conduit. If you want me to give you the scoop so that you can post the truth up here let me know. It may soften your opinion a bit so I dunno. If I was you I wouldn't do it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Fairhead

SIE your telling of stories from within the Antrim camp is shocking stuff. What purpose does it serve? Do you think it will help mend any issues within the camp, if there are any, now that they are up on the web? The drink has taken its toll on you im afraid over the last couple of weeks!!!!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Fairhead on April 04, 2012, 12:00:58 AM
SIE your telling of stories from within the Antrim camp is shocking stuff. What purpose does it serve? Do you think it will help mend any issues within the camp, if there are any, now that they are up on the web? The drink has taken its toll on you im afraid over the last couple of weeks!!!!
ah no fairhead, my drinking was done on the 18th.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2012, 10:58:52 PM

The 2012 National Division !B Hurling League has now concluded for Aontroim Senior Hurling and here is a brief report.

Games
Aontroim 1.21    Ulster       0.12         S.H.Challenge        11th  February 2012
Aontroim 3.18    Wexford   2.15         NHL 2012               26th February 2012

Consoladation

" It would be a huge disappointment for Antrim if they were to drop down a division, especially if it was caused by their County Champions doing so well, but it's a real possibility" Irish Independent 25/2/2012 (Martin Breheny)

Well we have achieved and consoladated our position in Division 1B for the 2013 Hurling League.This will afford the development of Hurling in Aontroim quality games and also focus the "change of attitude to the league" mindset,  as the league can no longer be ignored with the tougher and more accomplished opposition that sit within Division 1B. Our league form was about getting a competitive, improved, better balanced side with plenty of ambition (no excuses for the absence of the Loughgeil players) together and this remains the task going forward for the management team.

Minor Hurling

Sambo and his management team and players are to be credited for their performances to-date. Support from the Clubs and Divisions are needed to help "Identify an evening" that can be set aside for the collective training of the County Minor Hurling Panel and Development panel.

FE21 Hurling

As Senior Hurling Manager with a link to this group, up to last Saturday March 21st, I have to express my disappointment. Approximately 68 players between the age of 19 and under 21 were identified by a process of involving the clubs in late October 2011 to nominate players for consideration. John MacIntosh and Danny Simpson were appointed to oversee the workings of this "Development Concept". The squad were and are placed in UUJ training venue with notification of training/games placed on the Aontroim web-site. The debacle of last years F21 Inter County game v Dublin in the championship are well documented. I as senior hurling manager has at this stage got to question the "Attitude" of the players to this initiative to develope the Intercounty Fe 21s. Aontroim needs to see a "Change of Attitude" and "Support" to this initiative.

GOING FORWARD

The Senior Inter County Hurling/ Fe 21 Hurling programs take a time out until Tuesday 17th April 2012, when we resume our preparation for the upcoming Lenister Championship clash with Westmeath on May 19th in Mullingar. The Fe 21 Development squads will play games on Wednesday 18th and 25th May against Senior selections.
Rounds of the County Leagues are starting and I as Senior Hurling Manager encourage the participation of the players that formed our National League Panel in these games as long as they are fit.
This two week break from last Sundays final league game gives the management team time to review.
Finally, I would like to thank all those supporters who have travelled to our away and home games in the league, yes it was "Frustrating" last Sunday!!!!!!!!

Diarmuid De Bhailis

I know, didn't Antrim  do well considering they finished the last twenty minutes playing our snr reserves.   ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 04, 2012, 06:16:59 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 03, 2012, 10:58:52 PM

Games

Consoladation

Minor Hurling

FE21 Hurling

GOING FORWARD

Diarmuid De Bhailis

I know, didn't Antrim  do well considering they finished the last twenty minutes playing our snr reserves.   ;)

Are they the ones that should be on the County team?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Must be since they are now that good MR2

Buswhacker

Student Dissertation

Hi, I'm a final year student in the University of Ulster compiling my dissertation on Sports Nutrition. I'm doing a survey on the GAA.

If you could please just take two minutes to fill out the survey,it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SC5MD9F

Thanking you in advance of your co-operation.

btdtgtt

Just a random thought - if the county squad are takin a 2week break after the league and going back to their clubs - why did they bother havin the Loughiel boys back for just the last game?

I mean asking them to train for the week prior for onegame, and join an established panel - not really fair on both?!

I think it would have been better to finish the league off with the league panel - then join up again as a whole in 2 weeks - surely this would have been better for both the existing panel and the Loughiel contingent?

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 04, 2012, 11:00:05 AM
Just a random thought - if the county squad are takin a 2week break after the league and going back to their clubs - why did they bother havin the Loughiel boys back for just the last game?

I mean asking them to train for the week prior for onegame, and join an established panel - not really fair on both?!

I think it would have been better to finish the league off with the league panel - then join up again as a whole in 2 weeks - surely this would have been better for both the existing panel and the Loughiel contingent?

I suppose there was a chance of a league final and he wanted them integrated sooner rather than later.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

I think the performance & result proves he would have been better sticking with the group he had.

What about your club scene Minder?

Buswhacker

DD. and his team mates did  not let anybody down on Sunday,quite the reverse.

btdtgtt

Thats not what I am getting at one bit!
Jesus you are still looking for a reason to be offended - its not the world vs Loughiel.
I actually made the point in my initial post that it might have suited the Shamrocks themselves better to re-join after the 2weeks as well.

oisinog

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 04, 2012, 12:20:09 PM
DD. and his team mates did  not let anybody down on Sunday,quite the reverse.

This is now beyond a joke to be honest.

The post above is looking for an fight. No one here has said a bad word about the players on the pitch at the weekend. In fact everone said dd was the best player for antrim on the pitch.