Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesH

Wouldn't like to misquote Watson, so if Sie has as he tells us the inside track perhaps he can tell us. But weather Dick sneaked in as suggested Watson really started all this crap., by telling you and then talking crap on FB. Why did he remove it? I suspect he sobered up or was told to wise up by his teacher. Can we leave it now.

oisinog

This has got out of hand. Can someone not start up a new thread called stupid rumours so everyone can argue unimportant crap there

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: JamesH on April 03, 2012, 06:14:36 PM
Wouldn't like to misquote Watson, so if Sie has as he tells us the inside track perhaps he can tell us. But weather Dick sneaked in as suggested Watson really started all this crap., by telling you and then talking crap on FB. Why did he remove it? I suspect he sobered up or was told to wise up by his teacher. Can we leave it now.
He didn't remove it, as I told you earlier it's still there. And as I also told you earlier, I didn't say I was talking to winker.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

I think some boys on here think that this forum is much more important than it really is. Everything I posted is true, like it or lump it. The thing that stands out for me is that I don't see any condemnation of the offenders in this whole scenario. Nobody was expecting to be treated like royalty, but they did expect to be treated with the dignity and respect you'd expect for All-Ireland champions. Not half the team and mentors ignoring them, that is where the problem lies in all of this.  Whether anyone of them read this or not maybe they'll think twice next time.

And skull, I was asked to post it, that's the reason I posted it. I already explained this to you.

saffron89

what a pile of shite, here is an interesting topic to get you ladies to down the handbags and back on hurling issues.

Who is the top scorer from play at intercounty level in this past 10 years ???

winner gets a clap

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on April 03, 2012, 08:08:45 PM
what a pile of shite, here is an interesting topic to get you ladies to down the handbags and back on hurling issues.

winner gets a clap
John Mullane.

Buswhacker

That's a pity,they might have picked up a few tips on how to win important matches!!

theskull1

Never mind the fact that "truth" when it comes to these things is very subjective

SIE, you really believe that if some bit of gossip is true, it's OK to post it up on the world wide web? You haven't really thought this through have you. Then theres the reasoning that because someone else wanted you to post it ..like a lap dog you posted it (almost abdicating responsibility for posting it)

I'll tell you what, I've my own bit of gossip from Sunday which I know for a fact to be 100% true. If I PM you the details would you post it up on the board for me? Personally I'd be embarrassed to post it but going by your reasoning so far, there's a chance you might be interested. On second thoughts, you mightn't like this truth, you mightn't like it at all...but it's a truth after all so....maybe

Anyway let me know if you'll post it (seeing that it is 100% true) and I'll forward it onto you asap.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

north_antrim_hound

winner gets a clap

either shefflin or eoin kelly imm going with shefflin( I heard hes leaving the kilkenny panel now as he went to training last week and one of the mentors didnt give him a welcome kiss, hes suppossed to be very upset over it)
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on April 03, 2012, 09:04:20 PM
Never mind the fact that "truth" when it comes to these things is very subjective

SIE, you really believe that if some bit of gossip is true, it's OK to post it up on the world wide web? You haven't really thought this through have you. Then theres the reasoning that because someone else wanted you to post it ..like a lap dog you posted it (almost abdicating responsibility for posting it)

I'll tell you what, I've my own bit of gossip from Sunday which I know for a fact to be 100% true. If I PM you the details would you post it up on the board for me? Personally I'd be embarrassed to post it but going by your reasoning so far, there's a chance you might be interested. On second thoughts, you mightn't like this truth, you mightn't like it at all...but it's a truth after all so....maybe

Anyway let me know if you'll post it (seeing that it is 100% true) and I'll forward it onto you asap.
Agh no skull, unlike who I heard it from, I don't trust you.

saffron89

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on April 03, 2012, 08:11:35 PM

winner gets a clap
John Mullane.

that was the name of the top scorer for the last 8 years, well done it was Mullane.  My question was for 10 years. 

good answer all the same.  Still think you are very close to the team, possibly trained a few other teams as well SIE and had a career cut short.  ????  listen, clear jerry wants the loughgiel men, off course there will be a few noses out of joint.  but the world isn't always perfect. 

Buswhacker

Yeah,yeah, that's hysterical NAB..

btdtgtt

I don't wanna prolong this thread which is embarrassing but SIE u miss the point.

U said the loughiel boys should be treated with "dignity & respect" yes they should - as all players and mentors should.

But when u say "as all Ireland champions" u miss that this has no relevance. Antrim are not all ireland champions. And when a shamrock walks into the dressing room he becomes and Antrim player - leave ur loughuile and your medals outside.

Ur boys obviously had a notion that the welcome back would come with some form of deference - well it shouldn't. Young men don't behave like that. The whole panel have different goals and ambition which applies to Antrim not St Patricks day.

Shamrocks need to get their head round that cos everything else will not change for them.
Now grow up, man up, and get on with it.

Honestly the whole this demeans us - somehow I don't see big counties having such petulant soap operas.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on April 03, 2012, 09:30:09 PM
I don't wanna prolong this thread which is embarrassing but SIE u miss the point.

U said the loughiel boys should be treated with "dignity & respect" yes they should - as all players and mentors should.

But when u say "as all Ireland champions" u miss that this has no relevance. Antrim are not all ireland champions. And when a shamrock walks into the dressing room he becomes and Antrim player - leave ur loughuile and your medals outside.

Ur boys obviously had a notion that the welcome back would come with some form of deference - well it shouldn't. Young men don't behave like that. The whole panel have different goals and ambition which applies to Antrim not St Patricks day.

Shamrocks need to get their head round that cos everything else will not change for them.
Now grow up, man up, and get on with it.

Honestly the whole this demeans us - somehow I don't see big counties having such petulant soap operas.
Fair enough, perhaps common courtesy would've sufficed.

the colonel

From county site. Fair play to Jerry

ENIOR HURLING, INTER COUNTY

The 2012 National Division !B Hurling League has now concluded for Aontroim Senior Hurling and here is a brief report.

Games
Aontroim 3.20    Loughgeil  3.17         S.H.Challenge        22nd January 2012
Aontroim 1.21    Ulster       0.12         S.H.Challenge        11th  February 2012
Aontroim 3.18    Wexford   2.15         NHL 2012               26th February 2012
Aontroim 0.12    Clare        0.20        NHL 2012(a)           11th March 2012
Aontroim 1.17    Offlay       1.22        NHL 2012 (a)          18th March 2012
Aontroim 2.18    Laois        2.16        NHL 2012 (a)          25th March 2012
Aontroim 0.17    Limerick   3.22         NHL 2012               1st April 2012

Consoladation

" It would be a huge disappointment for Antrim if they were to drop down a division, especially if it was caused by their County Champions doing so well, but it's a real possibility" Irish Independent 25/2/2012 (Martin Breheny)

Well we have achieved and consoladated our position in Division 1B for the 2013 Hurling League.This will afford the development of Hurling in Aontroim quality games and also focus the "change of attitude to the league" mindset,  as the league can no longer be ignored with the tougher and more accomplished opposition that sit within Division 1B. Our league form was about getting a competitive, improved, better balanced side with plenty of ambition (no excuses for the absence of the Loughgeil players) together and this remains the task going forward for the management team.

Minor Hurling

Sambo and his management team and players are to be credited for their performances to-date. Support from the Clubs and Divisions are needed to help "Identify an evening" that can be set aside for the collective training of the County Minor Hurling Panel and Development panel.

FE21 Hurling

As Senior Hurling Manager with a link to this group, up to last Saturday March 21st, I have to express my disappointment. Approximately 68 players between the age of 19 and under 21 were identified by a process of involving the clubs in late October 2011 to nominate players for consideration. John MacIntosh and Danny Simpson were appointed to oversee the workings of this "Development Concept". The squad were and are placed in UUJ training venue with notification of training/games placed on the Aontroim web-site. The debacle of last years F21 Inter County game v Dublin in the championship are well documented. I as senior hurling manager has at this stage got to question the "Attitude" of the players to this initiative to develope the Intercounty Fe 21s. Aontroim needs to see a "Change of Attitude" and "Support" to this initiative.

GOING FORWARD

The Senior Inter County Hurling/ Fe 21 Hurling programs take a time out until Tuesday 17th April 2012, when we resume our preparation for the upcoming Lenister Championship clash with Westmeath on May 19th in Mullingar. The Fe 21 Development squads will play games on Wednesday 18th and 25th May against Senior selections.
Rounds of the County Leagues are starting and I as Senior Hurling Manager encourage the participation of the players that formed our National League Panel in these games as long as they are fit.
This two week break from last Sundays final league game gives the management team time to review.
Finally, I would like to thank all those supporters who have travelled to our away and home games in the league, yes it was "Frustrating" last Sunday!!!!!!!!

Diarmuid De Bhailis
Bainisteoir Foirne Aointroim 2012
the difference between success and failure is energy