Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Shamrockman on April 03, 2012, 11:48:37 AM
But it was a Loughgiel person told me that so maybe biased..

So where do we go now? Seems very doom and gloom at the moment.

At least youre open to that possibility Shamrockman. Biased gossip (you know .....the type of tittle tattle wimmin would come out with :-*) dressed up as black and white fact with total disregard for the impact of the spouting that gossip helps no one. Grown up men should know better to keep those type of stories away from internet forums. But the likes of SIE and others think otherwise. Imagine the stories we all could tell if we lined up with his way of thinking
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

tom moore83

No its not that the players would'nt pass to each other McManus needs a field to himself to play in cos he'll pass to no one and listen to no one.

Im sure inwardly the Loughgiel people are having a good laugh at this. THEY are all ireland champions for a second time. Now anyone in their right mind should acknowledge that they have 5-6 players who are needed, required to help the county team. These players are the same as anyone else, will train hard and work hard to be part of a TEAM.

I know for fact this is not the case and would argue this and can prove it. There are players on the county panel whp havent spoke to some of the Loughgiel players on return to the county. Furthermore some players playing on Sunday woudnt listen to what the captain and manager were telling them. This is fact and the players were told so afterwards.

Buswhacker

Amateur opinion and amateur punditry are the sort of things things we see on this forum,put there by people like you and me who are not professional sports writers,but think we are.We really haven't a clue and let personal prejudices run riot.

Buswhacker

Winkers a terrible dancer,I've seen him try in the Pound.

NAG1

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 03, 2012, 12:41:48 PM
Amateur opinion and amateur punditry are the sort of things things we see on this forum,put there by people like you and me who are not professional sports writers,but think we are.We really haven't a clue and let personal prejudices run riot.

Im not completely sure but I am pretty sure that no one gets paid for their opinions on here, or maybe I am owed a fortune, who do I see about claiming my money back?  ;)

Most people on here are genuine GAA/ Hurling people who want to see Antrim and their clubs doing well, they are not interested in petty rivalries or some of the whataboutery that has been on here in the last few weeks.

So if your on here with an opinion be prepared to back it up when someone questions it or maybe it wasnt worth posting it in the first place.

Sleeping giant

Photos and video evidence?? ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

maxpower

Site has gotten shocking as last while, what happens within the team should remain within the team, petty squabble just looks embarssing. 

First round of league matches ahead, good that Jerry is giving county men a break for a few weeks.
What happens next????

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: maxpower on April 03, 2012, 01:34:22 PM
Site has gotten shocking as last while, what happens within the team should remain within the team, petty squabble just looks em barssing. 

First round of league matches ahead, good that Jerry is giving county men a break for a few weeks.

+1 Some of the info disclosed on here lately is unbelievable. All this talk of cold shoulder treatment and not passing. one county panelist a bit worst for wear in the bar instead of togging out and then getting a cold stare from a selector for it. talk about a persecution complex. Not much point in telling these clowns to keep this stuff to themselves as people from other counties could be reading this. And if its true or not that's not the point, this is in house Antrim stuff and shouldn't be made availale for public domain. Completely Embarrassing
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

theskull1

I'd love to hear SIE (after considered reflection) properly defend why posting what he posted was the right thing to do and was for the greater good of Antrim hurling but much like the likes of whacker he'll more than likely crawl under a rock for a day or two rather than explain himself.....or he'll just not answer the difficult questions posed.

btdtgtt

OK OK you have me - what did he post on Facebook?

Shamrockman

By sounds of it not many players covered themselves in glory at weekend so i suppose there are still a lot of positions up for grabs. Wonder will there be many changes between now and start of c'ship? I wouldnt like to be picking the team.

NAG1

Why come on a discussion forum if you arent prepared to discuss anything, you throw statements out and then never back them up.

Buswhacker

Some of you take yourselves far to seriously,challenging other forum users who are only there for the craic. Who cares what any of us think,it won't make a jot of difference.

theskull1

Quote from: Buswhacker on April 03, 2012, 03:53:13 PM
Some of you take yourselves far to seriously,challenging other forum users who are only there for the craic. Who cares what any of us think,it won't make a jot of difference.

Lets see ..taking things too seriously ....

Insinuation by yourself of me making light of Loughgiels primary school being vandalised by scumbags destroying bunting prior to the AICF when I in fact was the first person to call these scumbags what they were, and then when asked to clarify you went to ground (a personal spat I had with whacker a while ago)

A report by SIE of loughgiel players being given the cold shoulder on return to the county set up with specific offending individuals mentioned explictly, potentially harming the chances of resolving the issue as it is now obvious that someone (and possibly more than one lg player) in the squad is leaking stories (with a very one sided perspective) which don't need to be spoken about outside the camp.

Some craic alright whacker ....when it suits you. You have no idea if it will make a difference or not btw

Still not going to answer simple questions to back up those opinions you were so sure about yesterday? What is so difficult about it? If you believe it to be true ..back it up

Milltown Row2

Look poster can't come on and post and say 'get a life' when they should maybe get out and get a life themselves if they are posting. That's silly.

If someone posts on other threads and has been on the forum longer than others then they will have posted more.

What we need to do is debate things which we have thoughts on. I don't need to know Loughgiel dislike Dunloy and vice versa.

IT'S BORING FFS

If people have something to say and are challenged then it's good manners/etiquette to back up your thoughts, hey ya know what, sometimes we (i.e posters) aren't always right!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea