Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

I see our reserves are doing well in the Táin club league.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 01, 2012, 03:57:41 PM
Bog Ash/sham man/saffrongael????

Don't feed the......

They usually go away!! and come back as someone new :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffron89

Quote from: Minder on April 01, 2012, 04:12:35 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 01, 2012, 03:58:43 PM
I believe ref is playing a blinder in casement??

Regardless of the ref we are miles behind Limerick on that evidence.

a few dodgy ones from the ref but the saffrons were at 6's and 7's, out muscled and just came up against a better outfit.  Feel the 2 best teams will be contesting the final and limerick will be no push over. 

saffron89

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 01, 2012, 04:46:19 PM
I don't agree bushwhacker,  wasn't at game today so can't talk about it.  But full strength I believe Antrim are as good as any of the lower teams,  think just limerick are a step up, maybe a step closer to the cats and tipp,galway,cork.

kilkenny
tipp
cork
waterford / Dublin / Galway
Limerick / Clare
Offlay / wexford / antrim /
Laois / Carlow /

i think these are the levels in my humble opinion

imtommygunn

I would say that's about right saffron89 though offaly probably just above.

The last few years we beat teams below us and when we came up against the "higher" tiers then we just weren't good enough.

The problem is the gap to those higher tiers is massive and boils down to things like skull talks about. Not an overnight job to close the gap.

saffronog

pretty depression stuff today.  thought very few can walk away with satisfaction, apart from DD and SMcNaughton

Milltown Row2

Ok would someone explain what the fook we were doing today? Did we go for the extra man in defence/midfield today? So we should have won a lot of ball in that area...... No, we won nowt. I like the tactic of the extra man against stronger opposition and playing away from home but our players didn't use it well at all. Limerick got more out of the tactic than we did.

Christ we were so flat, a few boys will be wondering will they be starting next time after that, we had to work our socks off to get scores but was easy for them. They used the ball well, worked it to the spare man/runner and they managed to tack over the points. They used a lot of handpassing into space and made so much time for themselves.

Shane hurled his heart strings out today but didn't get a lot of help from the rest. I think It will take a bitta time for the Loughgiel lads to settle in. DD made some saves but pucked a ball out short which led to a score
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

good to see the shams out on the pitch at half time showing off the trophy.  could be around anther 30 years before we see it again.  competing in the leinster competitions at all levels is the way forward.  great to see sambo and woody back in and pushing there again. 

btdtgtt

Yes i agree spot on saffron89.

saffron89

Seems to be a little confusion with instructions i agree MR2, when forwards rotate we seem to struggle.  But i do feel antrim invite alot of trouble on to themselves with the half backs and midfield trying to find the perfect ball when coming out.  should be pinging the corners and full forward if we could find one.  maybe shorty in that defensive role of midfielder might clear more ball and shore things up a little. hippy will be miss and i think wallace really going to have to think of mcmanus at no 11 permanently. though no 6 then problem.  dd good, shane mcnaughton really only forward at present and he ran himself into the ground, needs to be smarter in holding positions so he lasts the full 70.  (however we could do with a few more)  great to see watson on the pitch, not entirely what i had in mind.  one thing is we are certainly in the correct division, just hope its dublin we will be facing not galway.  thought another very poor crowd, how shite will that look in the new stadium.  a waste of money ????  on a more positive note, great to see the kids involved at half time, it was more enjoyable than alot of the main game

Buswhacker

Galway not at the game to-day......... beaten 3-26 to 0-10 by Kilkenny......good job we weren't playing Kilkenny.

Minder

Agree with Saffron89 about the short passing, they seem to be doing it for the sake of it and not to put themselves in a more advantageous position. Wallace obviously has it drilled into them, you would see one of our players getting the ball in a bit of space and instead of drilling it into the forwards early they are looking for a 15 yard pass.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

btdtgtt

Quote from: saffron89 on April 01, 2012, 07:22:21 PM
Seems to be a little confusion with instructions i agree MR2, when forwards rotate we seem to struggle.  But i do feel antrim invite alot of trouble on to themselves with the half backs and midfield trying to find the perfect ball when coming out.  should be pinging the corners and full forward if we could find one.  maybe shorty in that defensive role of midfielder might clear more ball and shore things up a little. hippy will be miss and i think wallace really going to have to think of mcmanus at no 11 permanently. though no 6 then problem.  dd good, shane mcnaughton really only forward at present and he ran himself into the ground, needs to be smarter in holding positions so he lasts the full 70.  (however we could do with a few more)  great to see watson on the pitch, not entirely what i had in mind.  one thing is we are certainly in the correct division, just hope its dublin we will be facing not galway.  thought another very poor crowd, how shite will that look in the new stadium.  a waste of money ????  on a more positive note, great to see the kids involved at half time, it was more enjoyable than alot of the main game

btdtgtt

theskull1

These group of guys deserve our support rather than derision btw. They're the best WE have (and some of them would fit in with the best in Ireland). Not enough depth of quality or commitment across the board to get the standards up to the level where we would be more compeditive. It's been that way (bar 4/5 years) for as long as I remember.

Would take 10-15 years effort from 100s of people working together accross all clubs (with finance available) to move things to a different level IMO
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera