Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Its quite obvious what yer man's sole aim in joining the board is.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

correct skull. And I spoke to person yesterday and it's a load of balls.

Heading to game later hoping for better effort today, somebody posted that we played a sweeper system last time out!! We didn't, they employed the extra player in defence, well I hope they did because we were shite at it if we did 'shakes head  :o'

Trying to get motovated, I'm cream crackered after a nite on the tiles, left car in Belfast and thought it would be a good idea to go in on my bike this morning to pick it up!!! nearly 9 miles, I'm aching and managed to fall of it also, funny a fcuk. So You'll be able to spot me at Casement later, small guy with a John Wayne walk
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

Milltownrow2 whatever little buddy told you it was a load of balls is lying, fact. He was at the Celtic match, fact.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Sleeping giant

Bog Ash/sham man/saffrongael????   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Sleeping giant

I believe ref is playing a blinder in casement??

Buswhacker

Reality check.......no defence, indifferent forwards,good goalkeeper!!!

Minder

Quote from: Sleeping giant on April 01, 2012, 03:58:43 PM
I believe ref is playing a blinder in casement??

Regardless of the ref we are miles behind Limerick on that evidence.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

btdtgtt

By god I am glad that's over!

Yes he ref gave them some insane calls durin the game (and resulting directly in a goal) but that's nothing in the result of this game. We were destroyed all over the park!
Simply out of our depth.

Now the question is was this a reality check or a bad day?

theskull1

You might need a reality check. Plenty won't. Reality is too many fail to see that we have done nothing in the last 12 months to suggest we've really progressed so why after last years result against limerick do some think that result was not on the cards.

We pay lip sevice to the proper structured development of the game so we are where we are because of the level of effort put in...get used to it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Buswhacker

reality check........players don't measure up when it counts.Limerick are by no means the best team in Ireland and they destroyed us.We get the odd result when other teams have a bad day,thats the way it's always been.

btdtgtt

Unfortunately lads I have to agree with u both. That does seem to be a moraccurate reflection of where we really are.

Sleeping giant

I don't agree bushwhacker,  wasn't at game today so can't talk about it.  But full strength I believe Antrim are as good as any of the lower teams,  think just limerick are a step up, maybe a step closer to the cats and tipp,galway,cork.

Last Man

Dont think we are as bad as it looked today, DD very good, Shane and Aaron G were decent, after that not much to say. Work rate from the forwards was abysmal for most of the game. We looked like a team that had been together for a fortnight. There has to be more in this squad given the big players that had a stinker today plus if Watson can be incorporated in a week or two.

Buswhacker

Were Antrim at full strength today ?........... who do we add to make much difference?
At club level we can hack it,but county level we don't have enough quality players.
With the same three teams contesting Div1. and the championship every year this is not likely to change any time soon.