Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Think both of u hit Rossa's nail on head 2 hands. Hardstation I won't push u on the excuses.
But hey if we believe minder and mr2 both oisins and galls are both useless - somehow I think both are leading us up the garden path! All looks like an intriguing league again!
Would like to hear how hannahstown shaping up - I assume gort won't be pressing but can pick off results at home and tir na nog are the same.
But like I say minder it's yours to lose.

Phew!

Now come on Antrim! Looking forward hopefully big crowd at HQ!

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 31, 2012, 09:34:11 PM
Think both of u hit Rossa's nail on head 2 hands. Hardstation I won't push u on the excuses.
But hey if we believe minder and mr2 both oisins and galls are both useless - somehow I think both are leading us up the garden path! All looks like an intriguing league again!
Would like to hear how hannahstown shaping up - I assume gort won't be pressing but can pick off results at home and tir na nog are the same.
But like I say minder it's yours to lose.

Phew!

Now come on Antrim! Looking forward hopefully big crowd at HQ!

Now nobody said that ! We will be in the top 3 I would imagine but for the reasons mentioned above it will be no cakewalk.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffron89

if rossa are playing Dunloy they must be taking things quite seriously this year and showed very well against the all ireland champs in glenravel last year, a game which i i attended, i remember mr watson had a nite to forget.  galls i reckon will be going very well and glenariffe  like galls put in a good championship performance against the dall.  reckon it will come down to the head to heads though someone will get caught out by randalstown.

really looking forward to casement tomorrow, will get in early for front seat in stand.  i hear jerry is going to let them go man to man tomorrow and move away from a more sweeping role for mcmanus.  not before time.  Saffrons abu

saffronog

reckon it will be
oisins
rossa
galls

though if tosh aint for hurling i would review that statement, not sure of who conor mcallister is exactly.

saffron89

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 09:49:31 PM
Quote from: saffron89 on March 31, 2012, 09:45:47 PM
if rossa are playing Dunloy they must be taking things quite seriously this year
Not sure what you mean here but they had to play them, it was an Ulster league fixture. If you mean 'beating Dunloy', well, aye, it's a good result but our other results haven't been very good.
yeah the 2 point win, thats good going, i take it hamill and kettle are still the leaders, which sometimes might not be a good thing, however they can both hurl

saffron89

SIE how long is chopper mcgarry retired, he was a fabulous servant to the red and white down through the years must be sorry he missed out.  a friend was telling me the great pj used to take the bellaghy camogs, was that his only managerial experience before the loughgiel job

btdtgtt

Hamill is a big loss hardstation use still relied alot on him.
Stephen Shannon?

What about dunloy how is their prospects looking?

btdtgtt

Ok I rate Shannon highly - I agree with saffron89 u will need Hamill if u are going to challenge. Time will tell looking forward to the big games between oisins galls Rossa.

Amazing co-incidence about coolderry & cross but I can't resist pointing out the difference in each team now - SIE can do that!

What galls men are hurling mr2? Or not hurling!

Dunloy must be off top teams - dall only challenge to shams then as I said before.
Maybe a drop in standards might suit the johnnies but I expect them to struggle.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on March 31, 2012, 09:57:02 PM
SIE how long is chopper mcgarry retired, he was a fabulous servant to the red and white down through the years must be sorry he missed out.  a friend was telling me the great pj used to take the bellaghy camogs, was that his only managerial experience before the loughgiel job
I think he's been gone a couple of years now. He's had the big birthday. As MR2 will testify, you can't hurl forever. He is a great servant indeed, as the McGarry's all are.

I honestly couldn't tell ye about PJ's managerial credentials, apart from the obvious. That's good enough.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 11:13:52 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 31, 2012, 11:10:05 PM
Amazing co-incidence about coolderry & cross but I can't resist pointing out the difference in each team now - SIE can do that!
I don't think that needed to be pointed out, tbf.
Yous were also the only team to get within a score of us in championship hurling this past year HS. A fact that hasn't gone unnoticed.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 11:24:54 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 31, 2012, 11:18:55 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 31, 2012, 11:13:52 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 31, 2012, 11:10:05 PM
I don't think that needed to be pointed out, tbf.
Yous were also the only team to get within a score of us in championship hurling this past year HS. A fact that hasn't gone unnoticed.
Aye, the game is on youtube and I've watched it many times since. Caught yis on a bad day or anything else, we had our chances to win it and in many ways, only ourselves to blame.
Indeed , Could have went your way alright.

Saffrongael

Two big games today

Celtic v St Johnstone 12.45pm

Antrim v Limerick 2.30pm

Decisions decisions.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

btdtgtt

Isn't it quite incredible that some would choose the soccer!
For my money they are not gaa fans nor even sports fans - just drink fans!

Good luck today saffs get ur hats scarves and headbands!

Gold

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 01, 2012, 09:40:27 AM
Two big games today

Celtic v St Johnstone 12.45pm

Antrim v Limerick 2.30pm

Decisions decisions.

What a nail biter that games gonna be. I cant wait for it. Got my celtic top on and praying that we can beat them. It means so much to me. I really hope Georgie of Greece scores it would mean so much to me.

If we had half the Celtic fans about Belfast supporting our county team we'd be the best supported team in Ireland.

It's like some sort of Cult --how in god's name could anyone care if Celtic beat St Johnstone? A team of part timers who you couldnt name one player from--That game (and all games bar v Rangers) is like your county playing Kilkenny in football--a complete non-event and waste of time
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

saffron89

ok a bet is a bet and all that but lets not start any celtic shit