Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron89

been following for a while now and feel i have to contribute, you can thank me later.

i say your man minder is mixing a little there.  However the sham glasses still on a little for too many lads.  Antrim would be well able to beat the shams at present.  hope though watson is nearly ready and doesn't need anymore drinking time.  could turn out to be a nasty habit.  Saffrons abu on Sunday.  we might yet get the opportunity to lower the banner

Seamroga in exile

Welcome to the board saffron89.

I don't think there's as much in it as you think at the minute. They played other a couple of months back when both teams were playing warm up matches. Granted it wan't full blooded and Loughgiel finished with their reserves, but there were only 3 or 4 points in it at the end. Btw, I think Cushendall would run them close as well if they had been training as hard.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffron89

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 31, 2012, 08:50:38 AM

I don't think there's as much in it as you think at the minute. They played other a couple of months back when both teams were playing warm up matches. Granted it wan't full blooded and Loughgiel finished with their reserves, but there were only 3 or 4 points in it at the end. Btw, I think Cushendall would run them close as well if they had been training as hard.

yeah but i think now they are up and running a little more and with the league campaign nearly behind them i reckon there would be around 10 points.  though i suppose the loughgiel lads with a bit more arrogance in their play could be better.  SIE i would hope to see the the full compliment of players from loughgiel with the county soon.  Is watson still on lash or anyword of him returning.  you must be pretty close to the set up over there.  maybe a previous manager / coach / selector

Buswhacker

Rose coloured glasses re: Antrim..........10 points??

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: saffron89 on March 31, 2012, 12:24:53 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 31, 2012, 08:50:38 AM

yeah but i think now they are up and running a little more and with the league campaign nearly behind them i reckon there would be around 10 points.  though i suppose the loughgiel lads with a bit more arrogance in their play could be better.  SIE i would hope to see the the full compliment of players from loughgiel with the county soon.  Is watson still on lash or anyword of him returning.  you must be pretty close to the set up over there.  maybe a previous manager / coach / selector
None of the three saffron89. Watson and the rest will be back for the next game. Interest at the minute is in a certain game next week.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Just let me get this straight before we move on, If Loughgiel were playing Limerick tomorrow would they fair better than Antrim?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2012, 01:58:17 PM
Just let me get this straight before we move on, If Loughgiel were playing Limerick tomorrow would they fair better than Antrim?
Who has said that MR2? I haven't.

Milltown Row2

Bushwhacker was saying, but like i was saying before, cause a team wins an All Ireland club people, and not only ones from that club, would suggest that they would be able to beat their county team. Heard it when we won ours, thought we'd give them a game, and had we played them when they were pre season possibly could win but not when both teams have had a few games under their belt.

Anyways, looking forward to the game tomorrow. Would have had a few beforehand but out tonight for my sins!!! So will be reporting back sober.

Hippy shouldn't have trouble with Downes and if the defenders stick and hassle their forwards (they have decent wing forwards) we could be in this game late on
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Two Hands FFS

Downes is on the bench. Niall Moran is FF and has been all during the league.

Milltown Row2

Hands full then with Niall, smart hurler and full of experience. Should be a different test for him.

btdtgtt

Glad to hear that hardstation - from my reckoning u hadn't been going good maybe that cookstown trip was more than meets the eye! Rossa v galls shaping up big game I will say we'll be sharing the Rossa hill mr2?! Or are u management?!
How are things going at hannahstown anyone?

btdtgtt

Well I will give u maybe some Rossa stories little more than gossip either then.

Won't miss St galls game that's for sure - looking forward to it.
Glenarrife will make the running but hopefully galls or Rossa can keep up.

Going to casement tomorro hoping for a win it would be massive but I think Limerick will sneak it by a point or two.

btdtgtt

Touchy hardstation I was winding u up Tongue firmly in cheek - but u cannot dispute your boys have lacked the ability to maintain a full season. I have alot of time for Rossa just think galls apply themselves better.
Anyone any more pre-season info?

Anyway county hat on this weekend until leagues start - will be great to see!

Two Hands FFS

HS would it be fair to say Strenght in depth would be a big problem for Rossa(like most TBF). Rossa would have a pretty decent 15 but take a few out of that & they would suffer a good bit which obviously has has happenned in the last couple of years in the league.

I think they will make a better shot at promotion this year & hope they do.

Minder

Without playing silly buggers, like MR2, I think some of you are over estimating how strong we will be in Div2 this year. Turnouts have been abysmal at training and doesn't look like Tosh or Conor McAllister will be playing much, we, like most teams in Div 2 I would think, can't really afford to be missing any players.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"