Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

The 'foreign sport' thing is irrelevant to me - The point is if he lied about being ill.

But yes - we've spent too long on a matter which is unproven - mind you, that would pretty much rule out most of our board!

Lets hope for a win on Sunday and all will be bright and rosey in the garden of Casement!

the colonel

I think this discussion or witch hunt serves no purpose. Alot of people complain about forums and their anonymous posters spreading shit and this is a perfect example. McGourty could possibly been injured during the week, and said f*ck it I'm not playing, somebody offered him a ticket and thought why not. Time to wind the necks in lads
the difference between success and failure is energy

Shamrockman

Can we divert our attentions back to the game this weekend? Any news on Limerick team? How are they lining out? I think we can be there abouts going into last ten so im not ruling out an antrim victory! Especially after the long days travelling for Limerick the day before.

btdtgtt

Yes I agree - and getting into a promotion play-off would be a big boost - maybe even a day out in Croker?!

Would have loved to have seen Watson on the panel - imagine the boost of him coming on in the 2nd half against tired Limerick defenders.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 30, 2012, 02:49:02 PM
Yes I agree - and getting into a promotion play-off would be a big boost - maybe even a day out in Croker?!

Would have loved to have seen Watson on the panel - imagine the boost of him coming on in the 2nd half against tired Limerick defenders.
Another one?  ;)

It would be great to see Antrim in Croke park again but I don't think it's going to happen. I believe Antrim have only beaten Limerick once before in the early 90's in a league play-off on Parnell park. Stranger things have happened though.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

We never seem to do well against Limerick for some reason  >:(

Hopefully this time will be different. They seem to be that more physical than we are and we struggle. However hopefully we'll maybe take a bit of confidence from Loughgiel's victory over Na Piarsiagh.

Also I think we have something to prove after our match against Laois and there's a lot more in us. Won't be easy though. Have too many bad memories of Limerick games :(

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 30, 2012, 08:25:32 PM

Another one?  ;)

It would be great to see Antrim in Croke park again but I don't think it's going to happen. I believe Antrim have only beaten Limerick once before in the early 90's in a league play-off on Parnell park. Stranger things have happened though.

Stranger things have happened, Beating the Munster champions, who being the best team in Limerick also. Loughgiel proved that fairytales do come true. After the hammering they took against the Gaels the year before they managed to come back better.

Collectively Limerick are stronger than NP just like Antrim collectively are better than Loughgiel don't you think SIE? LOL
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2012, 09:02:19 PM

Another one?  ;)

Stranger things have happened, Beating the Munster champions, who being the best team in Limerick also. Loughgiel proved that fairytales do come true. After the hammering they took against the Gaels the year before they managed to come back better.

Collectively Limerick are stronger than NP just like Antrim collectively are better than Loughgiel don't you think SIE? LOL
Probably, but I also think that there's a bigger gap between Limerick (collectively) and Na Piarsaigh than there is between Antrim (collectively) and  Loughgiel.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 30, 2012, 09:40:13 PM

Another one?  ;)

Probably, but I also think that there's a bigger gap between Limerick (collectively) and Na Piarsaigh than there is between Antrim (collectively) and  Loughgiel.

Why? Explain
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

It may take the Loughgiel players bit of time on Sunday to adapt to the faster pace of hurling.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2012, 09:41:15 PM

Another one?  ;)

Why? Explain
Loughgiel are a better team than Na Piarsaigh and Limerick are a better team than Antrim.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on March 30, 2012, 09:56:47 PM
It may take the Loughgiel players bit of time on Sunday to adapt to the faster pace of hurling.
Are you serious? The only way they won't be up to pace is if they're still feeling the effects of the celebrations.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 30, 2012, 10:09:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 30, 2012, 09:41:15 PM

Another one?  ;)

Why? Explain
Loughgiel are a better team than Na Piarsaigh and Limerick are a better team than Antrim.

For a minute I thought you were going to say Loughgiel were better than Antrim lol. When we got to the All Ireland final for the first time some nobs said the same thing, I laughed.....

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on March 30, 2012, 09:56:47 PM

No way Minder, these lads will be well up to it FFS. Ya wee mixer

Buswhacker

I would bet on Shamrocks against Antrim at the present time, and I think I would be collecting.Sorry to spoil the party.