Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeping giant

Sure we all no,   Watson does what he wants ;D
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

btdtgtt

Sie - marquee is the scrolling effect for "all Ireland champions" although I do think Watson opted for soccer instead of hurling for a period at least in early season.

As for the McGourty debate - let's firstly ascertain if it's true.

But IF it is true - he has gotta be put off panel! Yes it's an amateur game and yes we all like a beer - but not while a national league match is on and certainly not lying about it! Again IF this is true - it's a no brainer - that sort of stuff cannot be tolerated and would set an unthinkable precedent. I repeat "IF".

Buswhacker

Especially in All- Ireland club finals!

imtommygunn

Quote from: saffronog on March 29, 2012, 11:23:23 PM
well mcmanus and graffin are big mates, say the pair headed on piss or someone offered them tickets for a game and they headed, what would you think of them standing watching the game on Sunday.  imo not a hanging offence either, after all it is an amateur game.  Just get rid of him and see if there is someone better with more effort. 

Skull can't wait to hear your list of limits, remember there is always room for one more excuse.  If this is true at the very least i would expect wallace to put him off panel for a couple of months at least.  From what i hear he (though not sure) is not a remarkable trainer.  One thing I am sure of, he is not a remarkable talent.  SG are you worried about watson and having to make excuses for him ???

So some random Joe who you, presumably, don't know from adam comes on here casting aspersions which could be nothing more than unfounded crap and this sparks your attack on the fella when you don't even know anything.

You're not sure if he's a good trainer and you're not sure if he went to a celtic-rangers match so what are you sure of?

You're sure he's not a remarkable talent - that's nice.

The fella is a very clever hurler. He's a  great reader of the game and is there because he deserves to be there. When someone else comes along who deserves to be there in front of him they will be. He's played across 2 managers as a first 15 player and would have played for more had it not been for football so you must be more sure than a number of people who I think it's fair to say might know a bit more than someone who bases a lot of their opinion on things they're not sure are true or not...

It's amazing what some random joe throwing in rumours can bring out in people...

Sleeping giant

Would you be calling for him to be put of panel if it was SMN or NMM??    NO!!!   FFS. Dry up!   

theskull1

We should ignore any new poster who starts his gaaboard existence with tittletattle and sniping

Only a complete tool would do this so whats the point
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Sleeping giant

twice in 1night i agree with a dunloy man ??? 

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 29, 2012, 11:33:11 PM
Sie - marquee is the scrolling effect for "all Ireland champions" although I do think Watson opted for soccer instead of hurling for a period at least in early season.

As for the McGourty debate - let's firstly ascertain if it's true.

But IF it is true - he has gotta be put off panel! Yes it's an amateur game and yes we all like a beer - but not while a national league match is on and certainly not lying about it! Again IF this is true - it's a no brainer - that sort of stuff cannot be tolerated and would set an unthinkable precedent. I repeat "IF".
Ah right. Aye, sure leave it there. I might utilise myself in the future.   ;)

Agree with all posts regarding the amateur aspect of the GAA. Let's ignore the new fella, I've a feeling he's been around before anyway.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

It's very relevant the point I made about there being limits to how 'amateurish is amateur'. Without pointing fingers there have been individuals in the past who deserved the chop because of their antics. Management typically know where the line is, allowing the player the benefit of any doubt if there is any.

Sg.....you're going for three in a row here  ;)

Milltown Row2

A pointless last few posts regarding hearsay, I'm guilty of not letting it slide, but all to common now we have trolls who'll get off on throwing out snide remarks. Even if this were true, it's down to management and how they deal with things.

A fair few posters on here don't let on what club they are from, this is possibly down to the fact that they may be wary of criticism from other posters about their own club members or things their own club has done. That's their prerogative, as Bobby would say ;)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

Quote from: theskull1 on March 30, 2012, 08:09:13 AM
It's very relevant the point I made about there being limits to how 'amateurish is amateur'. Without pointing fingers there have been individuals in the past who deserved the chop because of their antics. Management typically know where the line is, allowing the player the benefit of any doubt if there is any.

i agree to an extent, but are you saying if you where county manager and someone buggered of to watch a soccer match instead of playing a very important NHL game you would find this acceptable 

(btw i am talking about if the circumstance arose and not said player as it is heresay and should not have been posted unless fact)

theskull1

Quote from: Megaman on March 30, 2012, 10:05:18 AM
i agree to an extent, but are you saying if you where county manager and someone buggered of to watch a soccer match instead of playing a very important NHL game you would find this acceptable 

(btw i am talking about if the circumstance arose and not said player as it is heresay and should not have been posted unless fact)

I'm saying that as a manager, if the player demonstrates 95% of the time that he's a commited squad member, then cutting a wee bit of slack for that player is the better option.

NAG1

Obviously we are dealing in the hypothetical here but I cant see someone from Tipperary finding that type of thing in anyway acceptable.

btdtgtt

OK my last post on this since it's only a rumour at this stage.

I think the issue is nothing to do with an amateur sport - sure we could use this an as excuse for not training and being drunk during games! Ah sure he's amateur etc.

The issue is not about whether the player was at the Old Firm game either.

The issue is whether or not he had permission or lied about it!
If Wallace was fine with this and gave KMcG some slack - no problem.

If he feigned sickness and went to the Old Firm - then is anyone really excusing this as acceptable?!
I despair if any team in any sport would accept this let alone at national level!
I cant believe its even up for debate!

Anyway like we are generally agreed- its only a rumour at this stage - so I will leave it there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 30, 2012, 11:11:49 AM
OK my last post on this since it's only a rumour at this stage.

I think the issue is nothing to do with an amateur sport - sure we could use this an as excuse for not training and being drunk during games! Ah sure he's amateur etc.

The issue is not about whether the player was at the Old Firm game either.

The issue is whether or not he had permission or lied about it!
If Wallace was fine with this and gave KMcG some slack - no problem.

If he feigned sickness and went to the Old Firm - then is anyone really excusing this as acceptable?!
I despair if any team in any sport would accept this let alone at national level!
I cant believe its even up for debate!

Anyway like we are generally agreed- its only a rumour at this stage - so I will leave it there.

So why go on about it?

If, and this was what i was led to believe by a clubman when i heard the announcer (Christ he was chronic on Sunday by the way) call out the change in the team that he was injured and replaced, is it 'acceptable' for anonymous posters to come on here and bad mouth people on hearsay?

I 'despair' also btdgtt at people supporting, spending money on foreign sports but head on to the many threads on soccer on this site and you will see heavily involved GAA men discussing their 'second' sport it's part and parcel in modern day society.

Lets wait before/if we know it's true before hanging someone. Plenty of vultures on here to do that, then crawl behind a rock when done
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea