Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrockman

In fairness I wasnt at the last match v Laois so prob unfair to comment on Micko and Carson but just going on reports. Lets hope they can do the business on Sunday!  What about young cricky mcguiness is he still injured or whats the story with him? Looked like a real prospect last year..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Shamrockman on March 29, 2012, 03:46:18 PM
In fairness I wasnt at the last match v Laois so prob unfair to comment on Micko and Carson but just going on reports. Lets hope they can do the business on Sunday!  What about young cricky mcguiness is he still injured or whats the story with him? Looked like a real prospect last year..

Don't know, was really impressed with him also, time on his side so great prospect.

Would like a play off match to go to, be better if we were in it ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Carson was very poor in the first half sunday and lucky not to be taken off. In the second half though he was very good and a major catalyst in our turnaround as he laid off a few good balls when his back was to goal for scores and when he wasfacing goal went at the defender.

Micko didn't exert much influence to be honest - striking a bit wayward too.

Two Hands FFS

The whole team was shocking in the first half & the ball going into the forwards was poor. The spare man back didn't help matters for the forwards.

the colonel

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 29, 2012, 03:59:28 PM
Carson was very poor in the first half sunday and lucky not to be taken off. In the second half though he was very good and a major catalyst in our turnaround as he laid off a few good balls when his back was to goal for scores and when he wasfacing goal went at the defender.

Micko didn't exert much influence to be honest - striking a bit wayward too.

Fair enough comment Tommy. Hopefully all our players can be confident enough with the second half and cut out complacency. Have to work Sunday so I'll not make the game unfortunately
the difference between success and failure is energy

Shamrockman

Fair point two hands, quite often if things are going against us its easy to haul off a corner forward or full forward when in fact they may be working off scraps the whole game. As i said i wasnt at the Laois game but perhaps we need to bare in mind that if the supply isnt going in then it doesnt matter if you have joe canning, henry sheffling and eddie brennan on the full forward line.  Which brings me back to my earlier point, big work rate needed from number 8 to 15 to ensure ball isnt turned easily and that when it goes in it stays in!

Shamrockman

Milltown Row2

Look when you have a target man in full forward then the gameplan was obvious surely?? Lump high ball in ffs,  they had extra man in place to scoop up break ball. Why we didn't react/counter act was beyond me.

Not Conors fault by the way, Im not a fan of the big target man, but if its effective then grand.

We were playing Laois, a team we are confident of beating at home, we had extra man in defence so we had time on ball to pick a pass or shoot from distance. But we prefered to lump her on in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

Quote from: the colonel on March 29, 2012, 12:27:05 PM
DD Quinn

Aaron Graffin
Cormac Donnelly
Kieran Mc Gourty

Neal Mc Auley
Neil Mc Manus
Michael Gettens

Karl Stewart
Paul Shiels

Simon Mc Crory
Michael Herron
Eddie McCloskey

PJ O Connell   
Conor Carson
Shane Mc Naughton

Seanan Mc Toal
John Kerr
Adrian Downey
Barry McFall
Barney Mc Auley
Joey Scullion
Declan Lynch
Colm McFall
Sean Mc Laughlin

Has Johnny Cambell not playrd CHB for Loughgeil and the County before? If thats' right then that would let McManus go to midfield and Stewart to CHF

saffronog

darren hamill leaving panel did i see, yeah think he needs to find blistering form with home club and he ain't doing it there apparently.  Carson was thrown in deep end, he was by no means the worst forward the last day.  O'Connell wasn't at races but i'd stick with him, should shoot more himself.  hamill poor as was mccrory who is a worse back than he is a forward.  Carson is a big man and is naturally slow, but fair play he took the goal and tried to hold up the ball for others.  far from the worse.  though the dall lads (col) would say he hasn't had much form for dall this past while.  micko herron and stewart poor especially stewart by his high standards. but good men for antrim, if they all click on sunday who knows.  Gettins has done well some good blocks and was one of better backs.  J campbell hasn't set the world alight for the shams this season.  Barney too slow for that level.  lets face it, lot faster that club

the colonel

Id be 99% sure Hamill is still on the panel

btdtgtt

Christopher MGuinness done his cruciate playing for Rossa - he missed all last season for them and it doesnt look like he will play this year either.

Saffrongael

wonder how the other Antrim players feel about Kieran McGourty pretending to be sick last weekend and going to the Celtic and Rangers game instead. Not a player you would want in the trenches with you after that.
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on March 29, 2012, 09:30:03 PM
wonder how the other Antrim players feel about Kieran McGourty pretending to be sick last weekend and going to the Celtic and Rangers game instead. Not a player you would want in the trenches with you after that.

Cracking first post Saffrongael

the colonel

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2012, 09:44:23 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on March 29, 2012, 09:30:03 PM

Cracking first post Saffrongael

Ridiculous post