Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Congrats to loughgiel great to see an Ulster team win an AI in hurling. Fullback line was superb as was the CHB and Watson. Joey Scullion also got through a pile of work. I was disappointed TG4 didn't show any post match interviews.

btdtgtt

Neil missed this years final and the penalty changed the game - I am not for one second detracting from any achievment sie!

The point I am making is that when your lads go in search of the hat trick it is not a foregone conclusion - and again I dont think anyone in loughiel thinks it is either.

But hey thats for another day - just enjoy the Tommy Moore for a while yet!

Seamroga in exile

Having talked to most of the players and management over the last few days the one thing that I took from the conversations was that they really want to win 3 in a row really badly. That's their focus now. As I'm sure it is the focus of their opponents to stop the all-Ireland champions.

It all makes for a very interesting championship.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

JamesH

Sie not that it changes the result , it may have but Neil broke his collarbone on 18 minutes in that final, so even if Magill had of forced a reply or a winner Neil was out for 6 weeks anyway. Neil wanted to continue and rightly or wrongly he did, shows his commitment to us. As i said earlier i dont think there is much between any of the three teams, Dunloy with new management as with the Dall will be busting a gut as will I'm sure Galls, so role on Easter Sunday.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 20, 2012, 11:39:30 AM
Neil missed this years final and the penalty changed the game - I am not for one second detracting from any achievment sie!

The point I am making is that when your lads go in search of the hat trick it is not a foregone conclusion - and again I dont think anyone in loughiel thinks it is either.

But hey thats for another day - just enjoy the Tommy Moore for a while yet!

Though in fairness it was a penalty and maybe, just maybe if Carson had have knocked that one over the bar the game could well have been beyond Loughgiel. If's, buts and maybe's as Bushwahacker rightly says. Loughgiel are deserving champs.

Some craic, I'd settle for reaching our first final FFS  :-[
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

You should have been in the final last year MR2.

btdtgtt

U would think with all the interest around Antrim club hurling we could get a set of fixtures out then!

Yes sie I think the attitude of loughiel is worrying for other teams - can't see them getting distracted for long.

Still think dall only team capable of beating them - dunloy about regaining status and challenging again this year.

Sure isn't that what makes it all son interesting!

The shamrocks won't worry too much at this stage mind u!
I would say the party is still going!

Seamroga in exile

Big party last night again. Yer man Sidebottom stayed about after doing the interviews for the news and got drunk in the pound, dancing around the place if you don't mind. Good craic all the same.

clootfromthe21

Congrats to the Shamrocks - great day for Loughgiel (and dare I say Antrim)!

Was an extremely unusual (and I have to say enjoyable) position to be an as an Antrim man watching a game in Croke Park and it being a foregone conclusion  with 10 minutes to go - I wont say it was done and dusted at half time as Coolderry were always going to give it a bit of a rattle at the start of the second half. I'd say as with the semi the mental strength created by the heartbreak of 6 in a row stood to Loughgiel when the bit of pressure came on.

Met a Coolderry man yesterday who despite his disappointment was raving about the support Loughgiel had in Croker and it really was very impressive.

How many are going to the County - DD, Eddie, Winker? Was there a suggestion Johnny Campbell might give up on the County scene? Any one else?

JamesH

Heard the first Div 1 fixtures for the year

Shamrocks v Cuchullians
Ruairi Og  v Portaferry
Ballycastle v St johns
Ballycran v Ballygalget

i'm not sure if the last 2 fixtures are the right way round, will be some craic in Loughgiel.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JamesH on March 21, 2012, 10:42:34 AM
Heard the first Div 1 fixtures for the year

Shamrocks v Cuchullians
Ruairi Og  v Portaferry
Ballycastle v St johns
Ballycran v Ballygalget

i'm not sure if the last 2 fixtures are the right way round, will be some craic in Loughgiel.

Yes guard of honour also  ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shawshank

Serious result and performance from the Shamrocks on saturday. I roared and shout as if I was from that part of the country. Winker simply outstanding his last goal, beautiful skill. Great lift for the hurling folk in Antrim also. Well done to all concerned!

Seamroga in exile

It's been decided to take a 6 weeks training break to give everyone a rest. Well deserved I think. Back training in earnest in May.

windyshepardhenderson

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 22, 2012, 07:36:54 PM
It's been decided to take a 6 weeks training break to give everyone a rest. Well deserved I think. Back training in earnest in May.
Probably take that long for you boys to sober up  ;)

Congratulations to all at Loughgiel.
lavey's finest

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: windyshepardhenderson on March 22, 2012, 07:45:10 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 22, 2012, 07:36:54 PM
Probably take that long for you boys to sober up  ;)

Congratulations to all at Loughgiel.
More than likely, it's one of the players stag do today.     :P