Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

I've been asked to say thanks by a few of the players for the good luck messages. Thanks boys.  Much appreciated.

I'm only on my 6th time watching it now. funnily enough I still get nervous when Coolderry hit those 4 points after the break .
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Dubh driocht

Thoroughly enjoyed Loughgiel's win yesterday- well done to all concerned - skill and passion are a lethal combination -worthy champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 18, 2012, 08:37:59 PM
The one thing he's not short of is strength MR2. He's solid muscle under that shirt. Fair enough, he's not the tallest, but you wouldn't go through him for a short cut. And he has great stick work too. And unlike yourself he has a great head of hair. ;)   Maybe one for the future.

I'm not doubting the lads ability but for me, we (Antrim) need bigger players all over the pitch. At club level he'll win nearly every ball that comes his way, if he was marking Joe Canning he'll win maybe 1 from ten balls in.

When I was his age I had loads of hair :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

The thing is he's proven himself over the last couple of years. He's no one hit wonder. And like I said he'll probably be one for the future but I've no doubt he'll play for Antrim.

Milltown Row2

Have been very impressed with the lad and he hurled the last 2 games really well.

Loughgiel have a great convyer belt of hurlers at the moment. Said before that they had the best potential of winning the All Ireland due to their squad, would have been great to see the likes of Chopper coming on late on when the game was won.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Chopper isn't on the panel anymore. As you said MR2,  we have a conveyor belt of youngsters coming through, and one thing about PJ, he isn't afraid to play them.

btdtgtt

Sie enjoy every moment! One thing is u are always behind ur club on this board but also fair when criticism levelled I hope u don't suffer too much for the drink! Ur club is on the national stage and to be honest doing Antrim proud.

One thing stocks in my mind from the game was fitness. I mean the Offaly no6 was overweight while loughiel looked like professional athletes.

It's typical of the gaa to be already looking at next year without savoring this but personally I feel this is the start of a loughiel dynasty in antrim. Dall are only side capable of beating them but shamrocks have mental edge now.

Mr2 I am biased towards Belfast but I don't see galls on the ballpark with loughiel.
Hardstation I don't see ur lads in Rossa staying sober enough to mount a challenge. St johns will probably split before the year is out ah hell I am demoralised for Belfast but uplifted by loughiel - never thought would say that!

Seamroga in exile

Drink? I wouldn't touch the stuff. ;)

After talking to the players last night and today all they want now is 3 in a row. They've got a fortnight break if they want it. I guarantee you everyone of them lads will be training on Tuesday night.

Hard work and team spirit are hard to beat.

crookes

great result, for Loughgiel and Antrim hurling! Credit to the hard work put in over the past two years for them lads.. Hopefully this leads to bigger and better things for Antrim clubs and the county!
Where Crookes is, there is light.

Forever Green

Well done to the Loughgiel lads. Sensational stuff, you`s done us proud. What else is there to say about Mr Watson? One of the best in Ireland when he plays like that

johnneycool

Quote from: Forever Green on March 19, 2012, 01:50:24 AM
Well done to the Loughgiel lads. Sensational stuff, you`s done us proud. What else is there to say about Mr Watson? One of the best in Ireland when he plays like that

Great game on saturday and there's no doubt in anyones mind who were the best team.

Goals win games as they say, Casey took his well and had a huge part in Winkers first goal. When Winker got that free I knew the bollox was going low. He can hit a ball and has the swingers to go for it, confidence or arrogance, call it what you will, but you need the ability to back it up and he has. That good start helped other players who'd started off a bit jittery to settle into the game and take control. Coolderry did look a bit dangerous at times in their forwards but Loughgeil coped well with it. I thought Ding Gillan, McGarry and the young Seany Flood lookalike did what needed to be done to stop goals going in at the other end when required. DD had two shots the whole day to save, so credit where its due.
Once Loughgeil had rode out the storm of the first 10 minutes of the second half and didn't let their lead drop below 5 points with Winker all but killing off Coolderry with a superb point midway through the second half.

Well done to PJ and his backroom staff. There won't be a sheep milked for a day or two up there.

pullhard

Id say there will be a rise in the loughgiel population around christmas time!

maxpower

Congratulations Loughgiel, having went so close but ultimately failed no one knows more than us the tremendous achievement we have just witnessed from the Shamrocks.  Best team but a good bit, for me Eddie McCloskey was the catalyst and the game went pretty much as I expected other than scoring 4 goals.  I thought Neilly and Johnny where very comfortably through out. 

Big Brady hurled well with the few rushed clearances that he caught but overall he, and the full back line, lacked the pace to cope with Loughgiel forward unit, the pass that brought about the free that was scored was pure class
What happens next????

crookes

Quote from: maxpower on March 19, 2012, 10:45:47 AM
Congratulations Loughgiel, having went so close but ultimately failed no one knows more than us the tremendous achievement we have just witnessed from the Shamrocks.  Best team but a good bit, for me Eddie McCloskey was the catalyst and the game went pretty much as I expected other than scoring 4 goals.  I thought Neilly and Johnny where very comfortably through out. 

Big Brady hurled well with the few rushed clearances that he caught but overall he, and the full back line, lacked the pace to cope with Loughgiel forward unit, the pass that brought about the free that was scored was pure class

That is as well as I have seen Martin Scullion play also, he was very impressive in my opinion
Where Crookes is, there is light.

Milltown Row2

Just watched the game again, with no distractions. couple of points: Loughgiel were cleaned out in midfield, Barney had his worst game of the year. Bar McCloskey in the HF line they were cleaned out there also. Joe Brady played better today (on replay) than i thought he did yesterday. Liam never touched leather from play until the 17th minute. and not again till the last few minutes. Not like him. The Loughgiel defence was immense throughout the game, and for me was the reason they won the match.

Coolderry had the lions share of possession in this game but could not create a goal opportunity bar the easy stop DD had to do in the second half.

As we all know goals win games, and Winker was outstanding when the opportunity came. the first goal, he started the move with a great handpass out to Casey and like a great forward followed it up by running into the danger area. His second was something we see at juvenile games when the best player has a pop at goal when you think he's going for a point, when hit right, they always go in. The 3rd goal was pure genius, kept his eye on the ball the whole time and showed a bit of bravery in tucking it away.

The Coolderry keeper was dung in fairness, should have come for Winkers 3rd goal and handling errors throughout the game.

I'm not being negative by the way lads, shows that Loughgiel still have room for improvement for next season which is worrying for the rest.

The midfielder brought on Dobbin, seemed a bit out of his depth and could have got a second yellow. Loughgiel did well and didn't panic at the start of the second half when they managed 5 scores,  which was the difference in the end.