Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on March 14, 2012, 06:56:11 PM
MR2 I heard there was a good crowd in attendance for the Referees meeting in creggan last night did you go, anything to report on the coming season, did you pass the exam they set? Would say that some boys would have struggled unless the pass mark was low? ;)

I'd say some lads did struggle, myself included  ::), decent crowd there also. A very informative speech from the CCC on the measures that they will take this season, with regards to refereeing and abuse to referees from players, managers and supporters. I forsee plenty of cards and zero tolerance on abusive language this season. He finished up with a talk about the ongoing appeals regarding the 'Incident', of course I'll not be revealing that but it was an eye opener.

Don't know if I will be refereeing this year, as something else may come up for me to do..........
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

saffronog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2012, 09:16:58 PM
MR2 I heard there was a good crowd in attendance for the Referees meeting in creggan last night did you go, anything to report on the coming season, did you pass the exam they set? Would say that some boys would have struggled unless the pass mark was low? ;)

I'd say some lads did struggle, myself included  ::), decent crowd there also. A very informative speech from the CCC on the measures that they will take this season, with regards to refereeing and abuse to referees from players, managers and supporters. I forsee plenty of cards and zero tolerance on abusive language this season. He finished up with a talk about the ongoing appeals regarding the 'Incident', of course I'll not be revealing that but it was an eye opener.

Don't know if I will be refereeing this year, as something else may come up for me to do..........

may i be the first to congratulate you in your new managerial position as St Galls senior hurling manager, or selector

saffronog

only thing is, will you ever know who you are playing in the leagues with the county messing about as much.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on March 14, 2012, 10:11:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2012, 09:16:58 PM

may i be the first to congratulate you in your new managerial position as St Galls senior hurling manager, or selector

I'm nearly sure you can read
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

So have you taken the St Galls job or not MR2?

Great squad of hurlers if you can get them all out, and for the whole season.
At worst, another championship assault?

Division2 looks like be the most interesting again rather than the procession of division1 - assuming ofcourse the county see fit to make some fixtures!

Milltown Row2

I haven't, but glad of yours and a 'ballymena ;)' mans interests at Naomh Gall. 

btdtgtt

I'm interested in all Belfast clubs - and yes I rate galls highly.
Don't start me on the dual issue again!

clootfromthe21

Well, we're not that far away now, so best of luck to the Shamrocks on Saturday - do yourselves and Antrim proud!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on March 15, 2012, 09:43:11 AM
Well, we're not that far away now, so best of luck to the Shamrocks on Saturday - do yourselves and Antrim proud!

I'm sure they are nervous as fcuk. Good luck

the colonel

1. Seanan Mc Toal

2.Aaron Graffin
3. Cormac Donnelly
4. Kieran Mc Gourty

5. Neal Mc Auley
6. Neil Mc Manus
7. Simon Mc Crory

8. Karl Stewart
9. Michael Gettens

10. Sean Mc Laughlin
11. Michael Herron
12. Darren Hamill

13. PJ O Connell   
14. Colm McFall
15. Shane Mc Naughton

16. Patrick Nugent
17. John Kerr
18. Adrian Downey
19. Barry McFall
20. Paul Shiels
21. Declan Lynch
22. Kevin Sherrin
the difference between success and failure is energy

Aerlik

Really excited about the final.  Can't wait to watch with my Aussie mates.  Bit of excitement in the home place too, as the sister is getting wed to a fella who is Dunloy by birth but lives very close to Loughgiel.  Openly he is supporting Loughgiel, but deep down I think he is hoping they lose by a point.  ;)
Freo to beat Hawthorn on Friday night; the Shams to win on Saturday; and us to beat the hoors at rugby on Sunday morning (WA time).  Jaysus that would be some weekend.  Ya just never know. ;)
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Glensman

Quote from: the colonel on March 15, 2012, 02:16:09 PM
1. Seanan Mc Toal

2.Aaron Graffin
3. Cormac Donnelly
4. Kieran Mc Gourty

5. Neal Mc Auley
6. Neil Mc Manus
7. Simon Mc Crory

8. Karl Stewart
9. Michael Gettens

10. Sean Mc Laughlin
11. Michael Herron
12. Darren Hamill

13. PJ O Connell   
14. Colm McFall
15. Shane Mc Naughton

16. Patrick Nugent
17. John Kerr
18. Adrian Downey
19. Barry McFall
20. Paul Shiels
21. Declan Lynch
22. Kevin Sherrin

No Conor McCann?

Also - have heard mention re Shiels coming back from injury. Is this the case? Has he not been a sub now for the last couple of games?
In my opinion he deserves his starting place but haven't actually seem him hurl in a little bit.

Milltown Row2

Shiels was Dunloys best player against us in championship last year.

saffronog

in case i would forget, final good luck to loughgiel shamrocks on Saturday.  It would be brilliant obviously for the parish but also for every hurler and supporter in Ulster.  Actually think they will do it, therefore predicting an ulster double.  although fancy the other football team to a degree Cross just turn up and tend to win as if its another day out.

hope to see eddie McCloskey really take the mantle of best forward behind watson (as long as no nonsense).   

Seamroga in exile

I'm heading down today about 12ish. The butterflies haven't arrived yet but they're on their way, that's for sure. There'll be no messaging during the game from me, unless there's wi-fi in Croker. I got last month's phone bill in a couple of weeks ago. It was a bit of a shocker, to say the least.

Everyone is injury free and raring to get at it. If the lads perform the way they can, they're in with a great shout. My prediction is shamrocks by 2.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"