Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

I think we're all agreed on the Loughiel point then - no doubt we'll return to it by 4pm on March17 if not before!
MR2 - are you off the drink for Lent? A little bit sensitive this weather! Relax - your milltown men may get a good draw on Monday night!

As for the county team - I think 1-7 is very strong, but it goes downhill from there on.
Even as a Belfast man the two McFall's don't inspire me, and I struggle to see where the scores will come from elsewhere in McLaughlin Sheerin O'Connell. Its a big ask for Shane and Micko to lead the line.

That said, Wexford are famous for being poor travellers and hopefully they are not too eager to impress Liam Dunne!

oisinog

Thats as strong a team as we can put out at the min.

My biggest problem is the goal keeper until DD returns to play that will be our weak point.

Before the Loughgiel crown start on me I just feel Chrissy O'Connell does not have enough big game experience he does not start enough for his club.

Sham Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2012, 12:36:07 PM
Didn't see Bushwacker, SIE, Shamman or any other Loughgiel man in our club when we won an All Ireland.

Liam would pop in the odd time, be the only Loughgiel man I've seen in the club. Oh and I have been in the Pound over the years, the ball even stops on the pool table when 'strangers' walk in ;)

Poacher come Gamekeeper, sounds like.  :o
Shamrocks are winners!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 22, 2012, 02:30:53 PM
I think we're all agreed on the Loughiel point then - no doubt we'll return to it by 4pm on March17 if not before!
MR2 - are you off the drink for Lent? A little bit sensitive this weather! Relax - your milltown men may get a good draw on Monday night!

As for the county team - I think 1-7 is very strong, but it goes downhill from there on.
Even as a Belfast man the two McFall's don't inspire me, and I struggle to see where the scores will come from elsewhere in McLaughlin Sheerin O'Connell. Its a big ask for Shane and Micko to lead the line.

That said, Wexford are famous for being poor travellers and hopefully they are not too eager to impress Liam Dunne!

I'm grand but there are some wile eejits on this site talking up something or being WUM's.

Anybody who starts a thread wanting to know why a certain team is hated then not contribute to it is a WUM in my opinion that is.

1-7 very strong and from Karl Stewart down is poor? Oh yes that's right your not a Wum :D :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maxpower

Haven't seen a few of those players, and haven't seen much of the McFalls but they must be good players to keep Shorty of that team
What happens next????

btdtgtt

Ok then mr2 - 1-8 is strong but I have doubts about the rest.

Your posts are getting very touchy nearly cryptic!

saffronog

Quote from: oisinog on February 22, 2012, 02:44:59 PM
Thats as strong a team as we can put out at the min.

My biggest problem is the goal keeper until DD returns to play that will be our weak point.

Before the Loughgiel crown start on me I just feel Chrissy O'Connell does not have enough big game experience he does not start enough for his club.

who else would you put in there oisinog bar Magee of Dunloy.  O'Connell has played for loughgiel seniors a good few times, and has a hell of alot of county experience (a fair bit of it being in the nets for the seniors) .  #like i say apart from magee and the number 1 keeper DD, who would you have.  good call jerry if you ask me.  Have to say, not so sure about the full forward but he could be showing well training and matches

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on February 22, 2012, 06:20:44 PM
Ok then mr2 - 1-8 is strong but I have doubts about the rest.

Your posts are getting very touchy nearly cryptic!

Touchy? Of course I'm the touchy type ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sleeping giant

id like to see RK in the county set up,   does mc gee even have a club at min?
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Seamroga in exile

I hear he's back at Dunloy SG.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Quote from: Sleeping giant on February 22, 2012, 10:45:37 PM
id like to see RK in the county set up,   does mc gee even have a club at min?

Ronan Kearney was up but didn't make the final cut.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JamesH

Minder thats not quite the truth, RK was on the Panel until Sat week ago when Jerry Wallace called him aside and told him as he was injured he was letting him go and would keep an eye on him. RK told him he was ready to resume to training, didn't seem to matter, he obviously wasn't ahead of the Oisins keeper which is laughable. RK turned up to training the previous Sat and was sent straight to the Doc who sent him to the Royal, and he was kept in for 3 days, with cellulitus, and wanted to go back to training, Some treatment from a County manager.

Sleeping giant

didn't make the cut is a lie to start. 3rd best keeper in county, better IMO than either named for sunday,  i was kinda thinking mushy would have Mc Gee back on board,  gives them something special. not a fan as a person but an unreal keeper!!
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Minder

I dont think anyone can claim they didn't get a fair crack at it this year and I am sure Wallis had a good look at everyone. We all have opinions about players worth and the manager will have to live by the teams he puts on the field, he maybe just didn't rate Kearney, it happens.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

NAG1

Quote from: maxpower on February 22, 2012, 05:37:28 PM
Haven't seen a few of those players, and haven't seen much of the McFalls but they must be good players to keep Shorty of that team

Seen enough to know that they wouldnt but up to this standard but then again dont see many other from that squad breaking down any doors.