Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

I think we all should all remember that there is intense local rivalries across Ireland. This is not confined to N.Antrim..look at Tyrone/Derry etc. Some clubs don't want their neighbours to win an All Ireland...so what?? This is not uncommon throughout Ireland. Most would admit it would be a great achievement to do so.

Alot of rivalries depend on who is challenging for honours at the time..obviously Loughgiel have been heavily involved the last 7/8 years...there is great rivalry with C'Dall/Dunloy...but they struggled in the 90's. Ballycastle were involved in some big matches in the 70's/80's/ early 90's...they aren't doing as well now.

oisinog

I would like to see Loughgiel do well. I would be in the same opinion if any Ulster club was in the final.

My biggest problem with Loughgiel is that they are poor winners. They have fans who like to remind us all the time that they have an all ireland they have won 2 championships in a row.

I know its not all fans but the attitude of some of the fans is giving the club the bad name.

I do have to admit that Loughgule are better losers than winners and I think many people would agree with me

This is the same with all clubs we have our own problems.

Sham Man

Quote from: oisinog on February 22, 2012, 11:06:59 AM
I would like to see Loughgiel do well. I would be in the same opinion if any Ulster club was in the final.

My biggest problem with Loughgiel is that they are poor winners. They have fans who like to remind us all the time that they have an all ireland they have won 2 championships in a row.

I know its not all fans but the attitude of some of the fans is giving the club the bad name.

I do have to admit that Loughgule are better losers than winners and I think many people would agree with me

Sure enough Oisinog, we are good losers, no question about that.  Now don't we deserve to revel in our recent glories, well I think so.  Would other hurling clubs in our beloved county not do the same?  In particular, North Antrim like! :P
Shamrocks are winners!

oisinog

Quote from: Sham Man on February 22, 2012, 11:22:24 AM
Quote from: oisinog on February 22, 2012, 11:06:59 AM

Sure enough Oisinog, we are good losers, no question about that.  Now don't we deserve to revel in our recent glories, well I think so.  Would other hurling clubs in our beloved county not do the same?  In particular, North Antrim like! :P

From your own posts you are backing up what I said.

I have no issue with a club celebrating their win but I don't like hearing about the win from a fan who was a 2 games all season

Buswhacker

Get a life folks,especially the "Aye buts". The last time we won  the All-Ireland,The Pound and all the local taverns were besieged with other clubs supporters for about a week. Despite the fact that some of them were a bit miffed (to say the least),they came from Dunloy,the Glens,Derry and even Tyrone.I think they came to realise that this was an achievement that all Northeners could revel in.One particular Gael from Glenariffe came over on 3 nights in a row (and never touched drink).........he must have been the only one. The win gave the game a bit of a boost in Antrim and it showed what could be achieved by a team that was not even expected the Antrim championship.

Milltown Row2

Didn't see Bushwacker, SIE, Shamman or any other Loughgiel man in our club when we won an All Ireland.

Liam would pop in the odd time, be the only Loughgiel man I've seen in the club. Oh and I have been in the Pound over the years, the ball even stops on the pool table when 'strangers' walk in ;)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Buswhacker

The times that were in it!!!!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2012, 12:36:07 PM

Didn't see Bushwacker, SIE, Shamman or any other Loughgiel man in our club when we won an All Ireland.

Liam would pop in the odd time, be the only Loughgiel man I've seen in the club. Oh and I have been in the Pound over the years, the ball even stops on the pool table when 'strangers' walk in ;)
you sure about that MR2?  ;)

Unfortunately football generates little to no interest in Loughgiel. No matter who wins it.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Sham Man

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 22, 2012, 12:46:34 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 22, 2012, 12:36:07 PM

you sure about that MR2?  ;)

Unfortunately football generates little to no interest in Loughgiel. No matter who wins it.
And we are as parochial as anyone else, but it really depends on who/what  "stranger walks in".  No different in the big smoke, if you ask me.  ;D  Some would attempt to convince others that we are welcome on their patch, I am not convinced.  ;)
Shamrocks are winners!

north_antrim_hound

to all non shamrock posters
Lads I'm suggesting we leave to loughgeil bashing to after the 17Th. I think everyone on here is aware of their  position in the popularity stakes and why this is the case. but now is not the time, they are earned the place in an all ireland club final and if we cant wish them well then its best to say or write nothing. If most other club posters (including myself) and fans perceive themselves as more dignified and gracious in victory or defeat well its hypocritical to behave with the same begrudged stance.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

NAG1

Megaman

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 22, 2012, 01:49:09 PM
Lads I'm suggesting we leave to loughgeil bashing to after the 17Th. I think everyone on here is aware of their  position in the popularity stakes and why this is the case. but now is not the time, they are earned the place in an all ireland club final and if we cant wish them well then its best to say or write nothing. If most other club posters (including myself) and fans perceive themselves as more dignified and gracious in victory or defeat well its hypocritical to behave with the same begrudged stance.

at last, a bit of sense  :'(

Sham Man

Very magnanimous of you, well said lad.  :)
Shamrocks are winners!

Milltown Row2

Who's bashing Loughgiel's performances this year? I have backed them from the start!! Even before Loughgiel were winning I said they had the best team to win the entire thing!! That's been based on playing against them and watching them numerous times. They have the mental edge that may get them over the line on Paddy's day.

So can we put to bed the Loughgiel hating malarkey??????
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

the colonel

Team from Sunday from county site

1   Chris O Connell         Na Seamroga
2   Aaron Graffin    Ruairi Og
3   Cormac Donnelly       Mac Uilin
4   Kieran Mc Gourty   Naomh Gall
5   Neal Mc Auley    Mac Uilin
6   Neil Mc Manus           Ruairi Og
7   Simon Mc Crory           Naomh Eoin
8   Karl Stewart    Naomh Gall
9   Barry McFall    Naomh Eoin
10   Sean Mc Laughlin   Cathaoir an Rí