Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

In reference to who MR2?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

theskull1

Oh please!

Nobody does disingenuous like you SIE. You ignore/don't make any reference to the wind up post above as if it didn't exist and now you're completely clueless about who (I presume) MR is referring to. You know right well

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Healthy rivalry is fine, but not so sure about mutual hatred though.

give it your all on the park and once its over, its over.

Hate people whining after games about who did what and they're 'for it' next time, normally from someone lacking a set of swingers in the first place.

Seamroga in exile

It's actually hard to know with MR2 skull. It's a genuine question. Perhaps a quote would have helped. Not a morning person skull?  ;)

theskull1

I don't believe for one second it's really a genuine question.

If you look at evey post since MR's last contribution, you're telling me it's difficult to pin point who he's referring to? I have assumed it's socratic irony but maybe I'm assuming to much about you.

No problem with mornings kid. Just smelt some bullshit from your good self and thought I'd call it. Possibly triggered by they way you decided not to comment on your fellow sham's post whilst you wax'd on about youse being hated out of pure jealousy.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

NAG1

what is the policy on double accounts on here anyway?  ???

As to the hatred or non hatred, I think a bit of rivalry is what the GAA is based on parish v parish and all that. Maybe that is why the city teams havent been successful on a sustained basis because it is difficult to engender that kind of parish feel to a club in the big smoke (in hurling terms anyway), maybe just one element but maybe an important one IMO.

But no matter what is said LG bring alot of the flack on themselves by their behaviour as a club and individual supporters over a good few years. Maybe that's why throughout the county there was a lack of sympathy to them in their run of final defeats.

As I said they have developed a sense of 'everyone hates us, we dont care' which has worked for them in the last couple of years, only thing that way is that you dont win many friends with that attitude. But then again as the quote says they dont care.

Seamroga in exile

You can assume all you want, Skull. As for my post, you obviously read it with your green tinted goggles on, or was it with your bleary eyes? You missed the important words "some" and "others" in my post. Only a fool would think that it was all the supporters. I certainly don't. I also hadn't read MR2's previous post, as the youngsters say nowadays, "my bad".

As for the previous posts of my fellow lg men, if you've a gripe with them I suggest you take it up with them. Nothing to do with me. 

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on February 22, 2012, 08:50:21 AM
what is the policy on double accounts on here anyway?  ???

As to the hatred or non hatred, I think a bit of rivalry is what the GAA is based on parish v parish and all that. Maybe that is why the city teams havent been successful on a sustained basis because it is difficult to engender that kind of parish feel to a club in the big smoke (in hurling terms anyway), maybe just one element but maybe an important one IMO.

But no matter what is said LG bring alot of the flack on themselves by their behaviour as a club and individual supporters over a good few years. Maybe that's why throughout the county there was a lack of sympathy to them in their run of final defeats.

As I said they have developed a sense of 'everyone hates us, we dont care' which has worked for them in the last couple of years, only thing that way is that you dont win many friends with that attitude. But then again as the quote says they dont care.
care to elaborate on this point?

NAG1

Just for example, the behaviour of managers / water carriers / physios on match days toward opposition benches, players or crowds. Though the outsiders coming in have curtailed this to your benefit, it was just an observation as to why you may not be feeling the love from other clubs.  :D

Seamroga in exile

I'm sure it hasn't helped, agreed. Then again nag, we get our fair share of abuse from the opposite side too. An example of which was the carry on of a certain mentor in the county final last year. There's a limit to what's acceptable. Perhaps this kind of shenanigans should be clamped down on a lot tougher. 

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 22, 2012, 09:21:56 AM
I'm sure it hasn't helped, agreed. Then again nag, we get our fair share of abuse from the opposite side too. An example of which was the carry on of a certain mentor in the county final last year. There's a limit to what's acceptable. Perhaps this kind of shenanigans should be clamped down on a lot tougher.

I wasn't claiming everyone else was whiter than white, just was pointing to my thoughts on why you maybe wouldn't be as liked as you may or may not want to be  :)

Seamroga in exile

We're liked well enough in some places of NA nag. ;)

NAG1

Oh yeah, the hinter lands fairly come out in support when there is a bit of success about.

btdtgtt

Well if my question was guilty of stirring maybe I will explain!

After maybe one too many after the semi-final I got talking to a number of North Antrim men.
There was no shortage of people saying "I hope they dont win this - i could bear it"
But the same folk would comment "It would be good for northern hurling to stick it up the patronising southerners" etc

So I was genuinely looking for an explanation to the contradiction.

My guess is that within Antrim people don't like Loughiel (in general not personal opinion) but outside they are happy to be associated with any success.

Now that explained (if thats ok MR2?!) can someone tell me - what is WUM?

Also I see the championship draws are made on Monday night and league fixtures to be published also - any thoughts here guys?

We can excuse our Shamrock brethren for the moment while they have bigger fish to fry!
Although the record of club teams returning from Croker is not great in any county I believe!

Seamroga in exile

WUM = wind up merchant.