Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2012, 05:43:19 PM
Who says it wasnt a great win?
Quote from: north aontroim gael on February 15, 2012, 04:34:09 PM
Lads lads lads....why get bent out of shape if others don't bow down and salute a great win.  I for one couldn't care less if other people write of Loughgiels win as being against an inferior side (although I don't think some are).

The important thing is to beat whoever is in front of you which the lads done on Saturday. Here's hoping they win on the 17th as well.  If they do some may say there was no superpower to beat (Portumna, Birr etc) but that's because they weren't good enough that year to reach this stage.

The title up for grabs is the 2012 All Ireland Club Championship.  if Loughgiel win on the 17th March they will be acknowledged as the best team in Ireland that year - everyone else got the same crack at it. It will be in my opinion no greater / no less of an achievement as those who win it any other given year.

I like a good argument as much as the next man but not everyone will have the same opinion as you all the time.

Rant over  ;D

+1 on both of these
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gold

BTW the 2nd last score the other day was unreal--some skill flicking the ball over the man's head before the crossfield ball to Watson

Class
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gold on February 15, 2012, 07:08:50 PM
BTW the 2nd last score the other day was unreal--some skill flicking the ball over the man's head before the crossfield ball to Watson

Class

Outstanding score, was the best I've seen at that level in a while, nearly as good as Phelan's sideline cut from halfway to earn extra time against Cushendall  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 15, 2012, 07:11:04 PM

Class

Outstanding score, was the best I've seen at that level in a while, nearly as good as Phelan's sideline cut from halfway to earn extra time against Cushendall  ;)

I enjoyed that one.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sleeping giant

1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

I see the National Hurling development plan has been released, what ever happened to the Belfast Urban Strategy?

the colonel

Class

You should have seen young Grieve's from St John's point to earn a draw against us in October there......
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Quote from: the colonel on February 16, 2012, 06:29:22 PM

Class

You should have seen young Grieve's from St John's point to earn a draw against us in October there......

It may have been a great point, I never seen it and I dare say the level it was,  was slightly less important for your team. Maybe it secured the johnnies (less the Johnstons) next year div one status.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 16, 2012, 06:49:06 PM
Quote from: the colonel on February 16, 2012, 06:29:22 PM

Class

It may have been a great point, I never seen it and I dare say the level it was,  was slightly less important for your team. Maybe it secured the johnnies (less the Johnstons) next year div one status.

They were staying  up regardless of that point.

Sham Man

Come on the Shamrocks, we can do it.  Lets prove all the doubters (green eyes) in North Antrim wrong. We beat what was in front of us, not just last week, but in Antrim and Ulster for the 2nd year in a row.  You just cant argue with that.
Shamrocks are winners!

Buswhacker

saffronog

Listen think the Shams were super and actually won that game twice on Sat.  I felt they were very poor in antrim final, however we are possibly beginning to see the two years hard work coming through.  That win will bring that team on a help of a lot.  Due to this I can't see them being beat in the next two years in antrim.  Don't know was it 5 in a row or something they lost, I reckon it will be a famous 5 in a row or whatever coming soon. 

Sham Man

Quote from: Buswhacker on February 16, 2012, 09:23:19 PM
Well said Sham Man.
Cheers BW.  We have to stick together on here.  There are those that are so blind, I see.

We were just magic, tenacious, gutsy, cohesive and dogged.

http://youtu.be/lYlxFTO8toQ
Shamrocks are winners!

theskull1

Quote from: Sham Man on February 16, 2012, 09:35:12 PM
Quote from: Buswhacker on February 16, 2012, 09:23:19 PM
Well said Sham Man.
Cheers BW.  We have to stick together on here. There are those that are so blind, I see.

We were just magic, tenacious, gutsy, cohesive and dogged.

http://youtu.be/lYlxFTO8toQ

And it looks like you're one of them.

Who has implied that youse weren't all of the above? Its becoming increasingly clear a few of the shams are looking for fight that's just not there.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

I have a feeling by St Paddies day the goodwill towards the Shamrocks on this board will be heavily diluted.