Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gelvis

Quote from: theskull1 on February 13, 2012, 04:24:10 PM
It's blatantly clear that there are no shades of grey allowed, when it comes to giving opinions/perspectives on the teams/the game played at the weekend. Your either with us or agin us being the moto.

I actually think LG are in with a great chance of winning the AI club championship.
A) Because they put in a great team performance at the weekend and will give any team something to think about if they maintain that performance level.
B) Because they will not be facing a team like Birr, Athenry, Portumna in their prime who suffered SF defeats before becoming powerhouses at this level. Both teams are relative rookies.

No doubt those already "offended" will see this as a snipe rather than see comments like these as simple fact. I'm not quite sure why. Maybe they don't enjoy the praise from all quarters and prefer to take exception to anyone who would dare to suggest that NP weren't one of the best club teams to have came out of munster going on recent form.

AYE BUT if LG do win on the 17th, will NAG1 claim their All Ireland is a lesser one because they never played the likes of Portumna, Ballyhale or James Stephens?  All very good teams, but you can only beat who's put in front of you.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gelvis on February 14, 2012, 05:55:56 PM
It's blatantly clear that there are no shades of grey allowed, when it comes to giving opinions/perspectives on the teams/the game played at the weekend. Your either with us or agin us being the moto.

I actually think LG are in with a great chance of winning the AI club championship.
A) Because they put in a great team performance at the weekend and will give any team something to think about if they maintain that performance level.
B) Because they will not be facing a team like Birr, Athenry, Portumna in their prime who suffered SF defeats before becoming powerhouses at this level. Both teams are relative rookies.

No doubt those already "offended" will see this as a snipe rather than see comments like these as simple fact. I'm not quite sure why. Maybe they don't enjoy the praise from all quarters and prefer to take exception to anyone who would dare to suggest that NP weren't one of the best club teams to have came out of munster going on recent form.

AYE BUT if LG do win on the 17th, will NAG1 claim their All Ireland is a lesser one because they never played the likes of Portumna, Ballyhale or James Stephens?  All very good teams, but you can only beat who's put in front of you.

Their second All Ireland mind you!! I hope along with a begrudgingly Skull, Nag1 and maybe a few others that Loughgiel win the final, it may just put the other teams asses in gear and really push on.

I always said that Loughgiel had the team to win an All Ireland, I hope I'm right. Could i say the same thing if the Johnnies or Rossa were in the same position? I remember cheering Rossa on back in the day (Buffers) but my throat would find it difficult to cheer on the Johnnies lol.

Sure we are looking to hand back our football All Ireland medals cause it was a crap team we played in the final also!!! Oh and we never beat Cross so we aren't even All Ireland champions FFS.

Can we debate on whether a team is good based on a performance that was live on TV and for those who went down and watched it in Parnell? or will we keep going on that this team were the Munster champions and by virtue of that, they were leagues above the teams from Antrim!!! Putting ourselves down is something the southern media are very good at.

An oul boy (After the match) was going on about what da fcuk would ya's know about hurling up there!! No better reply was, keep that hurling going in Limerick, you'll get there in the end!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Glensman

Any word on fixtures/dates just yet?

Someone mentioned they might be out at least in draft form.

Anyone in the know?

Gold

Quote from: Glensman on February 14, 2012, 06:52:34 PM
Any word on fixtures/dates just yet?

Someone mentioned they might be out at least in draft form.

Anyone in the know?

Was out with the wee man last nite there and bumped into County Rep who told me club fixtures startin around week after Paddy's Day
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2012, 06:18:09 PM

Their second All Ireland mind you!! I hope along with a begrudgingly Skull, Nag1 and maybe a few others that Loughgiel win the final, it may just put the other teams asses in gear and really push on.

I always said that Loughgiel had the team to win an All Ireland, I hope I'm right. Could i say the same thing if the Johnnies or Rossa were in the same position? I remember cheering Rossa on back in the day (Buffers) but my throat would find it difficult to cheer on the Johnnies lol.

Sure we are looking to hand back our football All Ireland medals cause it was a crap team we played in the final also!!! Oh and we never beat Cross so we aren't even All Ireland champions FFS.

Can we debate on whether a team is good based on a performance that was live on TV and for those who went down and watched it in Parnell? or will we keep going on that this team were the Munster champions and by virtue of that, they were leagues above the teams from Antrim!!! Putting ourselves down is something the southern media are very good at.

An oul boy (After the match) was going on about what da fcuk would ya's know about hurling up there!! No better reply was, keep that hurling going in Limerick, you'll get there in the end!!
to start of with MR2, i still cant believe were in all ireland final,  unreal proud of the fight in them lads on sat,  and Ive said it as long long time,  i felt that team had massive performances in them, in antrim on any day, anyone can beat each other!!  everyone knows that.  i think main reason behind such an effort was the fact that they felt they had "left something" in Dublin last Feb,    lets hope that same hunger shows up on the 17Th.      and then on another note,    theres enough dirt on the other side of the border to put us "nordys" down without us doing it to ourselves
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

NAG1

Guys I think your missing my point. No if LG win it, it will be because they deserve to and they can only play the teams put in front of them. My opinion which was only mentioned because other people were starting to make out that Na P were a great side was that they were not. Does this take away from LG's performance NO.

My point is quite simple that Antrim teams have never really had any fear of playing Limerick teams be that inter county or club and why should they have. The exact same thing applies to Offaly there should and will be no fear.

Milltown Row2

Who said they were a great side? The point loughgiel posters were making was that they must have been a great team because they won Munster.

I've already highlighted that the Munster club championships have not produced a winner since 2004 and before that it was 96!!

Lets move on to the final. Offaly teams as Dunloy know fair pretty well at this stage!!   Coolderry will be a good team also, I make it an even game and down to who wins the breaks. Loughgiel won majority of the breaks on saturday (winning break ball is not entirely down to luck) and their confidence is up. As someone else has said don't let themselves get caught up in the moment.

And they may win a second!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Buswhacker

"Aye buttery" is alive and well.Who cares how good they were, they were as good as they were allowed to be.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Buswhacker on February 15, 2012, 02:41:02 PM
"Aye buttery" is alive and well.Who cares how good they were, they were as good as they were allowed to be.

Get that chip off your shoulder Buswhacker, honestly it aint doing you any favours.

NAG1

It has served them well in fairness MR2 the Millwall attitude, 'everybody hates us, we dont care'

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Seamroga in exile

I don't think many of us believe that everyone hates us nag. Just most. ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

NAG1

Good enough for Ferguson and United SIE  ;)

north aontroim gael

Lads lads lads....why get bent out of shape if others don't bow down and salute a great win.  I for one couldn't care less if other people write of Loughgiels win as being against an inferior side (although I don't think some are).

The important thing is to beat whoever is in front of you which the lads done on Saturday. Here's hoping they win on the 17th as well.  If they do some may say there was no superpower to beat (Portumna, Birr etc) but that's because they weren't good enough that year to reach this stage.

The title up for grabs is the 2012 All Ireland Club Championship.  if Loughgiel win on the 17th March they will be acknowledged as the best team in Ireland that year - everyone else got the same crack at it. It will be in my opinion no greater / no less of an achievement as those who win it any other given year.

I like a good argument as much as the next man but not everyone will have the same opinion as you all the time.

Rant over  ;D

Milltown Row2

Who says it wasnt a great win?