Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 12, 2012, 01:16:56 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 12, 2012, 01:10:23 AM
Time they were told a few truths don't ya think?

I'm just tired of them putting down Ulster hurling. Also the blatant anti northern refereeing.   We all know it goes on and no one does f**k all about it.

f**k that, anyone heading down on Paddy's day?
Aye, will be down offering my support. Would support any local team in the same situa ;Dtion. Not the Dall, obviously  ;D
Well yeah, obviously.   :)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Fairhead

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 12, 2012, 01:32:56 AM
Quote from: clootfromthe21 on February 12, 2012, 01:15:47 AM
You serious? Today? Referee was very pedantic e.g. the quick puck out (which he penalised both sides for). The Laverty tackle? Looked very bad live. Saw it later on tg4. Think a yellow was right. A few soft frees to NaP, a few soft enough frees to Loughgiel. Seriously. Time to reign in the paranoia. Especially when you win. No?
FFs cloot, paranoia? You're as bad as lot down there. Look, I just read that thread and spouted off. I'm entitled to to do that in defense of hurling up here, win, lose or draw. And if you'd anything to say about it, it should have been done on that thread, on that board. Or at least a pm. Alright?

Jesus H christ, I've had it in the ear from the gf already,  now on here.

Dont be coming on here spouting nonsense defending the honour of Antrim and Ulster hurling. There wasnt much wrong with the ref given the poor under foot conditions. He blew BOTH teams up for quick puck outs, he blew BOTH teams for overcarrying. Im sure you werent complaining about him when he gave Liam Watson a free in when he cheated to get the free; watch it on tv and you will see it. Your team won, now move on and stop giving other counties reasons to put down "Ulster hurling" as you say,  with your goading, WHEN YOU WON.

Seamroga in exile

I'm getting the distinct impression you aren't enamoured with me. Every time you've posted has been against me or LG. You're opinion, therefore, becomes irrelevant. Yes, we won. That is not the issue, if we were stuffed I'd have been saying the same thing. Maybe we should all be lambs like you and accept the status quo.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 12, 2012, 01:40:46 PM
I'm getting the distinct impression you aren't enamoured with me. Every time you've posted has been against me or LG. You're opinion, therefore, becomes irrelevant. Yes, we won. That is not the issue, if we were stuffed I'd have been saying the same thing. Maybe we should all be lambs like you and accept the status quo.

Chill SIE and enjoy, cracking game and only one team in it. You'd prefer to have met them in the final that's for sure. Hard game to come but why not, Taped it so my watch it again later. Always the usual punters from the clubs down watching. Their support was crap in fairness.

Had to laugh, went for a pint at half time and the Dub official wouldn't let us out of the ground!! He said there's too much trouble and it's the drink that's doing it :D :D  I said ya should have shut the bar before the game ya balloon, the fecker was for getting the guards for me. Those Kerry ones have stopped half time pinting!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Buswhacker

Fairhead....the same old story,when an Antrim team do well get all the "aye buts" out from the other teams. "aye they played well,but the grass was cut in the wrong direction, aye but Watson cheated, aye but thon wusny that great a team".They can't come and say well done without adding an " AYE BUT"
Learn to control your jealously,we'll support you next time you get to an All- Ireland final like we did the last time.

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Buswhacker on February 12, 2012, 04:32:42 PM
Fairhead....the same old story,when an Antrim team do well get all the "aye buts" out from the other teams. "aye they played well,but the grass was cut in the wrong direction, aye but Watson cheated, aye but thon wusny that great a team".They can't come and say well done without adding an " AYE BUT"

not quite Buswhacker

BlackandAmber

County: Antrim
Club: MacUilin

Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #14643 on: February 11, 2012, 08:35:07 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MASSIVE performance MASSIVE result well done shams

theskull1

Some of our LG brethern must be blind. I haven't read a post yet that hasn't praised LG for the shift they put in yesterday. Someone pops up to bring a bit of balance to comments made about the refereeing and they're on him like a ton of bricks.

Same old story indeed. Chill out and enjoy what youse done at the weekend would be my advice.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Buswhacker

"Aye but".............the skull1

Fairhead

SIE what are you talking about? Did you read what i said in the context of what i was responding to? If not i will ask you a straightforward question; can you give me specific examples of "blatant anti-northern refereeing" by Anthony Stapleton in yesterdays game?

Milltown Row2

Leaving the ground yesterday we all mentioned that the referee was grand!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Fairhead on February 12, 2012, 06:49:45 PM
I'm getting the distinct impression you aren't enamoured with me. Every time you've posted has been against me or LG. You're opinion, therefore, becomes irrelevant. Yes, we won. That is not the issue, if we were stuffed I'd have been saying the same thing. Maybe we should all be lambs like you and accept the status quot.

SIE what are you talking about? Did you read what i said in the context of what i was responding to? If not i will ask you a straightforward question; can you give me specific examples of "blatant anti-northern refereeing" by Anthony Stapleton in yesterdays game?
[/quot

actually that's the first time i have seen stapleton not shafting an antrim team. when we played offaly two years ago in Parnell we where leading by a point and he played well on after injury time was over and awarded Shane Dooley a very dubious free for them to level. we lost in extra time ill never forgive him for that or when he was in charge the same year antrim v carlow in casement the bias that night was blatant against antrim. but i thought he had a good game yesterday for a change
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

In general he was ok. I just thought he went missing on the big calls.

I can't wait for St Patricks day now. Going down on the Friday. Watch a bit of the parade and a few jars after the match. If they show the spirit like they did in extra time they're in with a  good shout.

johnneycool

Well done to the shams, great victory especially when Na Piarsaigh got themselves level on the (first) final whistle and seemed to have momentum going into extra time. LG came out of the traps quickly and had the run on Na Piarsaigh, who seemed to be visibly tiring more.

Thought Na Piarsaigh played a bit into loughgeils hands by playing a two man fullforward line, giving LG the platform to attack from and it wasn't the aimless balls from the previous year, they gave the balls out wide into space or straight into the hands of the quicker forwards to get onto and possibly should have done more with.
Over the first 60 minutes LG were the better team and it would have been a travesty if they'd lost. Winker had a good day out, no doubt, as its the ease of how he controls the ball, finds space and takes his score which make him hard to handle.

I was also impressed by Coolderry as like all Offaly teams and Birr in particular they use the ball very well and their passing from the hurl was exceptional (something Loughgeil were also good at). They've a better allround team than Na Piarsaigh. Big Joe Brady was immense but you'd hope loughgeil don't drop too many balls on top of him and make him run as he doesn't look the fittest and a dry sod in Croke Park should help in this regard. Coolderry will go for goal and have more scoring options. I think Loughgeil may need to try and work a few goal scoring opportunities themselves to win it, but they've got every chance and as long as they settle quickly and don't go out killing dead things they've a very good chance.

theskull1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 13, 2012, 07:52:00 AM

I can't wait for St Patricks day now. Going down on the Friday. Watch a bit of the parade and a few jars after the match. If they show the spirit like they did in extra time they're in with a  good shout.

But Coolderry will start as BIG favourites  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Minder

Quote from: theskull1 on February 13, 2012, 09:53:02 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 13, 2012, 07:52:00 AM

But Coolderry will start as BIG favourites  ;)

Ladbrokes

Coolderry 1/2

Shamrocks 15/8

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"