Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Fantastic result and no need for any inferiority complex in the final. Well done to all the management and players and particularly great to see Jim Nelson still producing the goods. And what is there left to say about Watson?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Minder on February 11, 2012, 09:14:51 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 11, 2012, 08:34:04 PM
Did anyone watch the Coolderry match?

Saw a good bit of it, they were very impressive. Has the makings of a very good final. Slightly favour Loughgiel if they don't lose the run of themselves.
No chance of that Minder.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Minder

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 11, 2012, 10:09:26 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 11, 2012, 09:14:51 PM

Saw a good bit of it, they were very impressive. Has the makings of a very good final. Slightly favour Loughgiel if they don't lose the run of themselves.
No chance of that Minder.

Nobody knows that for certain, not even the players, they could freeze on the day, so could Coolderry. There will be no escape from the hype for the Loughgiel players.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Ok before I head out (staying in harcourt) well done shams, my bet was tenner double on shams scoring more than 15 and coolderry scoring more than 17. Job done. Loughgiel should have won game before extra time and thats my only worry come final.

Thon team were shite and as someone said average stick hurling team. Loughgiel were on to every break ball, brilliant and well deserved. Should gee up the other hurling clubs as they on their day just as good
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

yes S.I.E i watched both matches and there going to be a step up from today, have good reliable freetaker and all there forwards scored from play. the guy Murray is a class act and they have a very solid defence. they where playing on a bigger pitch than Parnell but closed men down allot quicker than NaP did(just more intensity). when the game opened up in the last 15 minutes they used the space better than gort. But having said all that the best player on display today was Watson, i feel overall they have a better spread of talent but if winker can turn it on again and the rest step up a gear they could be beat.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 11, 2012, 11:51:50 PM

yes S.I.E i watched both matches and there going to be a step up from today, have good reliable freetaker and all there forwards scored from play. the guy Murray is a class act and they have a very solid defence. they where playing on a bigger pitch than Parnell but closed men down allot quicker than NaP did(just more intensity). when the game opened up in the last 15 minutes they used the space better than gort. But having said all that the best player on display today was Watson, i feel overall they have a better spread of talent but if winker can turn it on again and the rest step up a gear they could be beat.
Thanks NAH. I thought they'd be the best team in it. Oulaghrt the ballagh are a class act, any team that beats them are worth watching.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 11, 2012, 11:59:56 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 11, 2012, 11:51:50 PM

Thanks NAH. I thought they'd be the best team in it. Oulaghrt the ballagh are a class act, any team that beats them are worth watching.
It doesnt take a genius that the boul' Liam will come in for some extra special attention on St Patricks day. If he can stay on the pitch for the full match then they can do this thing.

Seamroga in exile

He's been good as gold for us the last couple of years, no matter what treatment he gets. This is the first he's been injury free for a couple of years too.   

clootfromthe21

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 12, 2012, 12:11:34 AM
He's been good as gold for us the last couple of years, no matter what treatment he gets. This is the first he's been injury free for a couple of years too.   
[/quote

Jeez Seamroga, you're a bit testy over there on anfearrua, no????

Congrats to the Shamrocks - some performance! Confess that I feared the worst when it went to extra time, but extra time display was phenomenal! Best of luck for Paddy's Day!

Seamroga in exile

Time they were told a few truths don't ya think?

I'm just tired of them putting down Ulster hurling. Also the blatant anti northern refereeing.   We all know it goes on and no one does f**k all about it.

f**k that,  :). anyone heading down on Paddy's day?

clootfromthe21

You serious? Today? Referee was very pedantic e.g. the quick puck out (which he penalised both sides for). The Laverty tackle? Looked very bad live. Saw it later on tg4. Think a yellow was right. A few soft frees to NaP, a few soft enough frees to Loughgiel. Seriously. Time to reign in the paranoia. Especially when you win. No?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 12, 2012, 01:10:23 AM
Time they were told a few truths don't ya think?

I'm just tired of them putting down Ulster hurling. Also the blatant anti northern refereeing.   We all know it goes on and no one does f**k all about it.

f**k that, anyone heading down on Paddy's day?
Aye, will be down offering my support. Would support any local team in the same situa ;Dtion. Not the Dall, obviously  ;D

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on February 12, 2012, 01:15:47 AM
You serious? Today? Referee was very pedantic e.g. the quick puck out (which he penalised both sides for). The Laverty tackle? Looked very bad live. Saw it later on tg4. Think a yellow was right. A few soft frees to NaP, a few soft enough frees to Loughgiel. Seriously. Time to reign in the paranoia. Especially when you win. No?
FFs cloot, paranoia? You're as bad as lot down there. Look, I just read that thread and spouted off. I'm entitled to to do that in defense of hurling up here, win, lose or draw. And if you'd anything to say about it, it should have been done on that thread, on that board. Or at least a pm. Alright?

Jesus H christ, I've had it in the ear from the gf already,  now on here.

clootfromthe21

Seamroga in exile