Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on February 03, 2012, 03:14:12 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2012, 03:01:28 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 03, 2012, 01:52:28 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 03, 2012, 01:46:12 PM
My god, forgot about that, the AI semi-finals were played at the home venue of one of the clubs back in the day.

Remember watching a very young Birr team beat Cushendall up in Cushendall, great game on a shitty wet day.

I remember them playing someone in Cushendall in 1992, thought that was Birr but it wasn't a bad day, mind you the memory can play tricks.

Good day if you were from Glenariffe

Outrageous accusation.
Rare as it may seem there is photographic evidence of at least one prominent Oisin supporting the Ruairi's.

saffronog

cushendall got beat by middleton of cork i think in 80's, reckon john fenton was playing.  tony u seem to be setting someone up for a fall.

Jesusjones

We were beat away to Mount Sion in 1982 and by Buffers Alley at home in 1986 as well, Middletown was in 1988. It was a dry day against Birr in 1992 but it had been raining for a week before and left the pitch in a poor state. Home and away all ireland semi's were great occasions and I'd love to see them back.

saffronog

Quote from: Jesusjones on February 04, 2012, 08:03:44 AM
We were beat away to Mount Sion in 1982 and by Buffers Alley at home in 1986 as well, Middletown was in 1988. It was a dry day against Birr in 1992 but it had been raining for a week before and left the pitch in a poor state. Home and away all ireland semi's were great occasions and I'd love to see them back.

understand where u are coming from, but a neutral venue is fairest all round.  it would be a bitch if you were in semi and had to go and play in some shity pitch in the south.  plus the neutral supporters and venue needs good viewing.  was at tipp v antrim in the dall and it was a terrible day but difficult to see full pitch if there is a big crowd due to limited vantage points.  maybe if it was to be played in county ground but think current status quo is best.

Last Man

Definitely prefer the old home and away, lets the whole club get involved in the event, a great chance to showcase the whole club.

Seamroga in exile

I think the way it's played now is the fairest way. Although I think Parnell is a terrible venue to hold anything. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffronog

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 04, 2012, 06:08:06 PM
I think the way it's played now is the fairest way. Although I think Parnell is a terrible venue to hold anything.

reckon that is because of the poor record of ulster teams there SIE.  for travelling down its as handy as it gets and the pitch has improved.  for the munster teams its certainly the midway.  good thing for the shams is they have all probably played on it before, even before last years semi.  i take it the feet are up this weekend.  are u for casement to support the ladies

Seamroga in exile

Its handy but the pitch is still a mire. Well, it was last year. For a county ground, especially Dublin's county ground, I think it's poor enough. I'll be up tomorrow alright.

The Gaelic Life is a good read this week. ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on February 04, 2012, 06:28:15 PM

reckon that is because of the poor record of ulster teams there SIE.  for travelling down its as handy as it gets and the pitch has improved.  for the munster teams its certainly the midway.  good thing for the shams is they have all probably played on it before, even before last years semi.  i take it the feet are up this weekend.  are u for casement to support the ladies

I think it's a great venue  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 04, 2012, 06:31:41 PM
Its handy but the pitch is still a mire. Well, it was last year. For a county ground, especially Dublin's county ground, I think it's poor enough. I'll be up tomorrow alright.

The Gaelic Life is a good read this week. ;)

I see the girls got cream crackered.  Your boys will make a better go of it this weekend.

Seamroga in exile

To be fair to the girls, they were totally outplayed by a vastly superior team. That Oulart-the-ballagh camogie team would do well in our junior hurling championship. ;)

The match on Saturday will be closer but Na Piarsaigh will still start as big favourites.

DearyMe

Clearly sexest SIE?
Ive watched the antrim junior championship many a time, think your
doing those girls a disservice!!! ;D
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!

NAG1

What's the back up plan then SIE for the injuries or is it top secret?

Seamroga in exile

north aontroim gael

Whilst there were a few players carrying niggling injuries Loughgiel will have a full panel to pick from for Saturday.