Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antrimgeal1989

is the shams game live on tg4 does anybody know?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on February 01, 2012, 10:25:56 PM
I think they show both games, don't they? I seem to recall my mate texting me last year during our game saying that he'd just seen me on tv.   ::)  Then we were listening to the Clarinbridge semi on the way up home. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Fairhead

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 01, 2012, 09:44:54 PM
Quote from: saffronog on February 01, 2012, 04:46:16 PM
not sure Nag been at a few in parnell and the ulster team has suffered.  but do reckon this one will be tight as long as shams start well.  something they can't be accused off in county final.  a 10 minute purple patch simply will not do.

Bar lasts years game they usually have been tight, Cushendall have had a draw one year, extra time another year, Dunloy I don't think played that many in Parnell so can't say off hand on their displays at Parnell. I'm sure we will get enough info on it soon enough ;)

No Antrim team has ever won a club semi in Parnell Pk. Dunloy won in Clones (x2), Croke Park and Mullingar, I think, vs Mt Sion. Ballycastle won in Croke Pk and Rossa won in Kilmallock. Loughgiel have never won a match in the All Ireland series outside of Antrim so they have a poor record to overcome in this semi!  ;)

Seamroga in exile

We have an unbeaten record in croker though. ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

clootfromthe21

Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on February 01, 2012, 10:25:56 PM

I think i saw somewhere that the other semi is the actual live game while the Loughgiel game is being shown in full immediately afterwards. Could be wrong though . . .

theskull1

Both Athenry and Portumna were never really threatened by us on the two outings we had in Parnell (the Athenry game in particular). Cushendall though have put in some good performances in Parnell and should have made it to two finals playing there. Of the sides that Antrim teams have played there (Athenry, Portumna, St Josephs DB,  DLS & O'Loughlin Gaels) I believe NP would be the weakest on paper anyway (and I suppose recent outings in challenge matches).

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 02, 2012, 09:07:03 AM

Well we've won in croker (just got the day wrong)   :'( :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fairhead on February 02, 2012, 08:33:34 AM
not sure Nag been at a few in parnell and the ulster team has suffered.  but do reckon this one will be tight as long as shams start well.  something they can't be accused off in county final.  a 10 minute purple patch simply will not do.

Bar lasts years game they usually have been tight, Cushendall have had a draw one year, extra time another year, Dunloy I don't think played that many in Parnell so can't say off hand on their displays at Parnell. I'm sure we will get enough info on it soon enough ;)

No Antrim team has ever won a club semi in Parnell Pk. Dunloy won in Clones (x2), Croke Park and Mullingar, I think, vs Mt Sion. Ballycastle won in Croke Pk and Rossa won in Kilmallock. Loughgiel have never won a match in the All Ireland series outside of Antrim so they have a poor record to overcome in this semi!  ;)

Ok it wasn't senior but we managed to win the Intermediate semi final there ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Hows the fund raising going for LG then in preparation for their big day then and the season ahead?

Sleeping giant

Quote from: NAG1 on February 02, 2012, 02:30:21 PM
Hows the fund raising going for LG then in preparation for their big day then and the season ahead?
???
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Fairhead

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2012, 09:29:41 AM
Quote from: Fairhead on February 02, 2012, 08:33:34 AM

Ok it wasn't senior but we managed to win the Intermediate semi final there ;)

I knew you would fall for the deliberate error MR2!!!

Fairhead

Quote from: theskull1 on February 02, 2012, 09:09:46 AM
Both Athenry and Portumna were never really threatened by us on the two outings we had in Parnell (the Athenry game in particular). Cushendall though have put in some good performances in Parnell and should have made it to two finals playing there. Of the sides that Antrim teams have played there (Athenry, Portumna, St Josephs DB,  DLS & O'Loughlin Gaels) I believe NP would be the weakest on paper anyway (and I suppose recent outings in challenge matches).

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on February 02, 2012, 09:07:03 AM

Well we've won in croker (just got the day wrong)   :'( :)

So reading between the lines Skull is backing his neighbours to win next week....well who thought they would see the day that would happen  :o

johnneycool

My god, forgot about that, the AI semi-finals were played at the home venue of one of the clubs back in the day.

Remember watching a very young Birr team beat Cushendall up in Cushendall, great game on a shitty wet day.

Minder

Quote from: johnneycool on February 03, 2012, 01:46:12 PM
My god, forgot about that, the AI semi-finals were played at the home venue of one of the clubs back in the day.

Remember watching a very young Birr team beat Cushendall up in Cushendall, great game on a shitty wet day.

I remember them playing someone in Cushendall in 1992, thought that was Birr but it wasn't a bad day, mind you the memory can play tricks.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on February 03, 2012, 01:52:28 PM

I remember them playing someone in Cushendall in 1992, thought that was Birr but it wasn't a bad day, mind you the memory can play tricks.

Good day if you were from Glenariffe
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 03, 2012, 03:01:28 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 03, 2012, 01:52:28 PM

Good day if you were from Glenariffe

Outrageous accusation.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"