Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oisinog

Quote from: Exiled John on January 19, 2012, 12:50:55 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on January 19, 2012, 10:43:26 AM
I see on the county website the championship draws will take place on February 27. Does anyone know how this is done? In an open meeting etc? I am not for one miunte suggesting anything underhand - genuinely just curious.

Also does anyone have any info on when the master fixtures are relaesed for league games etc?

SIE I wonder as All-Ireland champions will the Shamrocks be seeded for next year's draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The draws are usually taken place in front of the county committee (club reps and all) and previously they took place in the tennets factory on glen road when they were sponsors.

The GAA master fixtures came out at start of december and have been disappointed myself that the county have yet to even release dates for fixtures.  Surely the CCC can see the dates to play the fixtures and thus give a document even stating round 1, round 2, for league and c/ship etc.  And then the computer system fixes the actual games so why it takes so long is beyond me.  From a mgt point of view it certainly makes the pre-season plan very open ended as we have no idea when to change our training to reflect the games starting.

John generally your club would have them by now. The fixtures have to be agreed by the clubs that's why they take so long

Exiled John

Quote from: oisinog on January 19, 2012, 03:37:15 PM
Quote from: Exiled John on January 19, 2012, 12:50:55 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on January 19, 2012, 10:43:26 AM
I see on the county website the championship draws will take place on February 27. Does anyone know how this is done? In an open meeting etc? I am not for one miunte suggesting anything underhand - genuinely just curious.

Also does anyone have any info on when the master fixtures are relaesed for league games etc?

SIE I wonder as All-Ireland champions will the Shamrocks be seeded for next year's draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The draws are usually taken place in front of the county committee (club reps and all) and previously they took place in the tennets factory on glen road when they were sponsors.

The GAA master fixtures came out at start of december and have been disappointed myself that the county have yet to even release dates for fixtures.  Surely the CCC can see the dates to play the fixtures and thus give a document even stating round 1, round 2, for league and c/ship etc.  And then the computer system fixes the actual games so why it takes so long is beyond me.  From a mgt point of view it certainly makes the pre-season plan very open ended as we have no idea when to change our training to reflect the games starting.

John generally your club would have them by now. The fixtures have to be agreed by the clubs that's why they take so long

Im unaware of any stage when the clubs had to agree on fixtures.  From previous I am aware the went through club reps on the county committee  for approval but despite being very close to the committee in my club we have yet to recieve any. It is possible that because the countys agm was extended to this week to be completed there was a hold on them but i am not too sure on this.

aontroim

Previous reasons given for why it takes so long is due to having to accomodate Down hurling clubs/county team, and our own county teams.  There is a meeting with Down hurling mgmt to sound out what is unavailable for fixtures involving down teams.

johnneycool

Quote from: aontroim on January 19, 2012, 06:30:48 PM
Previous reasons given for why it takes so long is due to having to accomodate Down hurling clubs/county team, and our own county teams.  There is a meeting with Down hurling mgmt to sound out what is unavailable for fixtures involving down teams.

I think that meeting or conversation is with Down county board as they've already had a discussion with the clubs and county management a few weeks back.

MickeyMacMhagUidhir

I was talking to a very reputable source in Dublin today.  It seems one of are well known referees has a little dip in his hair, covering up some the "grey matter" on top.  How vain  :o  I wonder who that could be? Vanity, oh vanity.  :-X
"Opinions are like ass-holes, everybody has one"

"Sure we wont go away ya know"

Last Man

Quote from: MickeyMacMhagUidhir on January 21, 2012, 11:50:11 PM
I was talking to a very reputable source in Dublin today.  It seems one of are well known referees has a little dip in his hair, covering up some the "grey matter" on top.  How vain  :o  I wonder who that could be? Vanity, oh vanity.  :-X

Willy Mitchell????

Milltown Row2

Have you any decent debate about Antrim? Or are you full of shite all the time?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

It's Gary Brown isn't it?  :o

I knew it...I knew it !!!!
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

btdtgtt

Excuse my ignorance but what is this whole discussion about?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 22, 2012, 04:24:16 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what is this whole discussion about?
From an outside point of view it looks like a whole load of nothing. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

maxpower

How did the County get on today
What happens next????

Glensman

You in Armoy today SIE? How Boadies go against Antrim?

Minder

From what I heard of the goalkeeping performances today the two Antrim goalkeepers this year were playing for Loughgiel.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Seamroga in exile

Two 20 mins and two 25 mins periods  played. The first 15 were taken off after 50 mins. Antrim won 3-20 to 3-17. Everyone was happy after the first 15 mins.

On another note, Na Piarsaigh got beat by 21 points by Dublin yesterday and had a man sent off. Not good having a man sent off in a warm up game.  Easily rattled perhaps?

"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Na Piarsaigh won't be as good as last years semi finalist that's for sure. The Limerick intermedaite champions were beat today by Middletown, Well beaten too.

If (big if) Loughgiel bring their best game then they will get a crack at an All Ireland final and who knows.

Any more games or is that it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea