Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

SIE stop taking the bait ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

We'll find out next month MR2.   
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Beat UCD yesterday, playing Dublin today.

saffronog

any word of how the shams dublin game went, hear that next sunday in armoy they play jerry and the boys

Seamroga in exile

Got beat 3-17 to 1-14. No winker or neilly. Dubs scored 1-4 in last 4 mins of 70 minute game. By all accounts played well. I would fancy them to do one on Jerry's boys.   

btdtgtt

I would think at this time of year the shamrocks would be expecting to beat the county set-up easily! Good indications from Dublin game - think na piarsaigh in for a turnover. 5/2 loughiel shows bookies agree this is not a done deal and I still think it's a generous price.

BlackandAmber

David Treacy, engaged in an ongoing war with his hamstrings, is back training and may hurl in one of two challenge matches Dublin play this weekend, against Gort and Loughgiel, two All-Ireland club semi-finalists.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/hurling/prodigal-returns-armed-with-hope-and-potential-2989265.html

Do you know how Gort fared? That might give a bit of a form guide.

Seamroga in exile

Dublin 5-16 gort 1-10

BlackandAmber

that puts youse ahead of Gort then. Any idea about Na Piarsaigh or Coolderry's preparations

Seamroga in exile

It's hard to determine anything right now B+A.lots of teams are just warming up.  We're not getting complacent at all but are confident enough of getting past Na Piarsiagh.

Glensman

Have heard (or seen on here) Saturday 11th Feb at Parnell for the Bodies semi final...is this confirmed? Any specific time?

Winker and Neilly just being rested or any tweaks?

Seamroga in exile

That's the confirmed venue Glensman, 2.30. They were just rested, no injuries     

Glensman

Cheers...2.30 on a Saturday. Few beers to celebrate after then for you with no work the next day.

Good to hear it re Watson and McGarry. Still a few games left no doubt but they should have the strongest team out for a couple of them...need to be playing as a unit. They know the craic no doubt.

btdtgtt

I see on the county website the championship draws will take place on February 27. Does anyone know how this is done? In an open meeting etc? I am not for one miunte suggesting anything underhand - genuinely just curious.

Also does anyone have any info on when the master fixtures are relaesed for league games etc?

SIE I wonder as All-Ireland champions will the Shamrocks be seeded for next year's draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exiled John

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 19, 2012, 10:43:26 AM
I see on the county website the championship draws will take place on February 27. Does anyone know how this is done? In an open meeting etc? I am not for one miunte suggesting anything underhand - genuinely just curious.

Also does anyone have any info on when the master fixtures are relaesed for league games etc?

SIE I wonder as All-Ireland champions will the Shamrocks be seeded for next year's draw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The draws are usually taken place in front of the county committee (club reps and all) and previously they took place in the tennets factory on glen road when they were sponsors.

The GAA master fixtures came out at start of december and have been disappointed myself that the county have yet to even release dates for fixtures.  Surely the CCC can see the dates to play the fixtures and thus give a document even stating round 1, round 2, for league and c/ship etc.  And then the computer system fixes the actual games so why it takes so long is beyond me.  From a mgt point of view it certainly makes the pre-season plan very open ended as we have no idea when to change our training to reflect the games starting.