Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxpower

Who did you play this weekend?
What happens next????

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: maxpower on January 09, 2012, 07:37:04 PM
Who did you play this weekend?
play Dublin and UCD this weekend coming. Beat Middletown last week and queens last night. A lot of the squad players got a run out.

I mis-read your question max, hence the edit.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Got to think shamrocks will win - going to get the money on as soon as i can - if a wage packet ever arrives!

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 09, 2012, 07:48:42 PM
Got to think shamrocks will win - going to get the money on as soon as i can - if a wage packet ever arrives!

Btdtgtt Why?

What give you the this confidence?

btdtgtt

Fate!

I just think that the other teams in the competition lack many real stand out players that could hurt Loughuile - and they dont have the tradition of the teams that Dunloy or Cushendall have face over previous years.

I know all the arguments that can go against.
I know teams dont get to this stage without being handy.
I know southern teams are often more physical than us.

But!

I think Loughuile will get lucky (relax SIE!)

NAG1

Scoring averages alone would lead me to believe that LG will come up short, look at championship scores over the past couple or years. Big games and then look at the semi finals over past number of years and see what typical score it will take to win a semi.

Just statistics I know but wouldnt leave me with much confidence.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on January 10, 2012, 10:52:36 AM
Scoring averages alone would lead me to believe that LG will come up short, look at championship scores over the past couple or years. Big games and then look at the semi finals over past number of years and see what typical score it will take to win a semi.

Just statistics I know but wouldn't leave me with much confidence.

What i took from last years semi final was the amount of ball dropped which on normal occasions would have been caught and delivered up field, maybe nerves the occasion got to them. DD was only hitting midfield with his puck outs to which was strange, Hogan played mainly (in first half) in the full back area so he could have hit further.

Improve on last years attempt and they could get over the line against poor Munster opposition. considering the teams from years ago.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

MR2, that what happens when you go up a level, been happening to Antrim for last few years too. Touch and decision making go out the window when a level of pressure comes on that has never been experienced before.

Milltown Row2

I know NAG1 a bit of composure can make all the difference, that game from last year will I'm sure help.

Are Loughgiel stronger than last year? Going by the county final they are only a couple of points better but that was playing against a team without their main player, who would have made a big difference.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

MR2 That is my point they haven't significantly improved in fact could be argued that they are weaker than last year, but these games all very on the day type of games so you never know.

Milltown Row2

Be an interesting game, the Munster champions will think they have the best side of the draw (getting Ulster) and Loughgiel no doubt will try and prove that last years game wasn't a true reflection of how they can play. When was the last time the county champions got to the final? (Dunloy)

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on January 10, 2012, 03:11:34 PM
MR2 That is my point they haven't significantly improved in fact could be argued that they are weaker than last year, but these games all very on the day type of games so you never know.
How could it be argued that they are weaker?

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 10, 2012, 03:25:12 PM
Be an interesting game, the Munster champions will think they have the best side of the draw (getting Ulster) and Loughgiel no doubt will try and prove that last years game wasn't a true reflection of how they can play. When was the last time the county champions got to the final? (Dunloy)
2003-04.

NAG1

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 10, 2012, 05:33:43 PM

Well IMO JC hasnt played as well for this season due to injury and playing him on the wing isnt his best position. Think MS at CHB can be exposed for pace. But when all is said and done it comes down to the two forwards LW and EMcC, either one of these have an off day and leaves a serious responsibility on the other to have a super day out. If both of these have a good day at the office then its game on if not they will have a tough day just as any of the other 3 teams would have if their two best forwards dont play well.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: NAG1 on January 11, 2012, 08:52:41 AM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 10, 2012, 05:33:43 PM

Well IMO JC hasnt played as well for this season due to injury and playing him on the wing isnt his best position. Think MS at CHB can be exposed for pace. But when all is said and done it comes down to the two forwards LW and EMcC, either one of these have an off day and leaves a serious responsibility on the other to have a super day out. If both of these have a good day at the office then its game on if not they will have a tough day just as any of the other 3 teams would have if their two best forwards dont play well.
I don't see how they are any weaker than last year though. As you said JC was probably the only one who was down on form this year, which was due to injury. As for LW and EmcC, I don't think they performed as well as they can last year, or the year before, but I agree it will take a performance from the whole team to progress. From what I'm hearing from the training everyone is fully fit and raring to get at Na Piarsagh.