Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samboswig

I think you have the Ref bate 4father! :D

antrimgeal1989

anybody have the list of antrim teams entered in the ulster league. gets underway in a month

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on January 06, 2012, 04:43:29 PM
anybody have the list of antrim teams entered in the ulster league. gets underway in a month
[/quote

They are on the Ulster Council Website. Do Antrim teams treat this as anything other than a pre-season now?

4father

Quote from: samboswig on January 06, 2012, 04:12:53 PM
I think you have the Ref bate 4father! :D

Twas never my intention.

saffronog

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 06, 2012, 06:27:11 PM
Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on January 06, 2012, 04:43:29 PM
[/quote

They are on the Ulster Council Website. Do Antrim teams treat this as anything other than a pre-season now?

Think most antrim teams use it in preparation for the leagues.  The timing this year is proof of it.  Good idea

antrimgeal1989

had a look..fairly poor turnout from teams this year? has the intrest gone??

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on January 07, 2012, 03:02:35 PM
No Cushendall?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

antrimgeal1989

from a quick scan..no cushendall. cloughmills. rasharkin. creggan. surely every team should be using this as pre season. competative matches in febuary, yes please. antrim leagues wont start to probably april so its a long pre season for a lot of teams. any prediction on whos going to win leagues and championship this year??

btdtgtt

Championship - dall to pip shamrocks
Div1 - shamrocks (prob ulster league also)
Div2 - oisins (maybe Rossa)
Div3 - clooney Gaels

Just think the hurt if the last few years will finally drive cushendall to win with greater desire than a loughuile team on the back of continuous winning (only natural) even more so if it lasts until St Patricks day!

the colonel

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 07, 2012, 03:39:58 PM
No Cushendall?

Should have entered in my opinion.
the difference between success and failure is energy

aontroim

Quote from: antrimgeal1989 on January 08, 2012, 11:20:01 AM
from a quick scan..no cushendall. cloughmills. rasharkin. creggan. surely every team should be using this as pre season. competative matches in febuary, yes please. antrim leagues wont start to probably april so its a long pre season for a lot of teams. any prediction on whos going to win leagues and championship this year??

So how come no Glenravel then?

saffronog

Quote from: the colonel on January 08, 2012, 12:19:11 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on January 07, 2012, 03:39:58 PM
No Cushendall?

Should have entered in my opinion.

Have to agree, even if they tell top 15 to stay away, give others a chance to impress, better than months of training and then little game time.  Unless management have a set panel of say 20 and they don't feel rest are up to it.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 08, 2012, 11:42:10 AM
Championship - dall to pip shamrocks
Div1 - shamrocks (prob ulster league also)
Div2 - oisins (maybe Rossa)
Div3 - clooney Gaels

Just think the hurt if the last few years will finally drive cushendall to win with greater desire than a loughuile team on the back of continuous winning (only natural) even more so if it lasts until St Patricks day!
Shamrocks have as much desire to win this year as ever. There's the fact of going on top of the pile by ourselves to strive for this year.

btdtgtt

I don't doubt that but every team will have their own motivation. I am not suggesting loughuile won't be motivated at all - just that the pain of losing is sometimes the greatest incentive. AnywY you boys have bigger fish to fry before worrying about it!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 08, 2012, 06:42:46 PM
I don't doubt that but every team will have their own motivation. I am not suggesting loughuile won't be motivated at all - just that the pain of losing is sometimes the greatest incentive. AnywY you boys have bigger fish to fry before worrying about it!
Speaking of which, I hear that the practice games went well this week, with another couple to come down south this weekend .