Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Few rumours bubbling around Belfast that the johnston's are leaving St johns for Rossa??reason for the fisticuffs between themselves at St Pauls?? Heard this a few times over last couple years but didn't give it much credence until now!!

jeremiah

they tried to join a few years but were knocked back apparently

btdtgtt

Must be something in it then jerimiah? I no you have a history if not taking Belfast transfers but I was told the father has already informed St johns that the two boys are for Rossa.

Forever Green

Jesus, that would be a massive blow if those two lads went over to Rossa. Sensational talents. Hate seeing players transferring clubs, so hopefully they have legitimate reasons to do so. If they do transfer, it would be a massive blow to St Johns. Even more bad blood between the two clubs

Last Man

St.Johns will have to veto, for if passed for Ciaran and Conor, there will be a good few more come after them. Relations must have gone seriously sour for Mickey to press the nuclear button. The club not prepared to meet his high standards perhaps??

Milltown Row2

Then why won't they go to the big hurling club in Belfast?  :D

Rossa are poor enough at minute
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

I heard they were going to Rossa too, what is their beef with St Johns?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Quote from: Minder on December 23, 2011, 10:27:27 AM
I heard they were going to Rossa too, what is their beef with St Johns?

It's not their beef! It's their dads. I can't believe the boys would want to go. I think St Johns have tried to resolve issues as much as possible. That said, I don't think the county will let the transfer go through. What do they put on their form? My daddy has thrown the toys out of the pram so we have to move?
the difference between success and failure is energy

the colonel

Quote from: hardstation on December 23, 2011, 10:51:08 AM
I wouldn't be sure Rossa would take them.

If you could take the boys without the father would that change things?
the difference between success and failure is energy

btdtgtt

Very good mr2! And probably not even Tongue in cheek! Rossa look do be very much on the way back to the top level with a great age profile (that's why Johnston wants them there) but I agree with hardstation - these transfers between the "old firm" don't seem right and the rivalry is hostile enough as it is.  I am led to believe the Johnston Lads are friends with their peers at Rossa  but that's nothing for me.

Had occasion to speak to a few red hands yesterday - they believe they will be stronger again this year. Good squad there division2 looks like being most interesting again - anyone know what sarsfields like?

Glenariffe galls or Rossa to go up?

Minder

Quote from: btdtgtt on December 23, 2011, 12:47:37 PM
Very good mr2! And probably not even Tongue in cheek! Rossa look do be very much on the way back to the top level with a great age profile (that's why Johnston wants them there) but I agree with hardstation - these transfers between the "old firm" don't seem right and the rivalry is hostile enough as it is.  I am led to believe the Johnston Lads are friends with their peers at Rossa  but that's nothing for me.

Had occasion to speak to a few red hands yesterday - they believe they will be stronger again this year. Good squad there division2 looks like being most interesting again - anyone know what sarsfields like?

Glenariffe galls or Rossa to go up?

Glenariffe I would think

btdtgtt

I agree - dual commitments of galls & Rossa with mean oisins more consistent. Also they will be stronger at home.

Rasharkin Gael

Merry Christmas lads, have a good one.

saffronog

If Rossa continue to develop and add a few players then glenariffe could get it tight, hear they.could be down a few players

Minder

Quote from: saffronog on December 24, 2011, 04:06:47 PM
If Rossa continue to develop and add a few players then glenariffe could get it tight, hear they.could be down a few players

Like who?