Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasharkin Gael

Have dunloy anything coming through worthy of note? Major rebuild needed their. Was over there today for kids "bog ball" , what a fantastic facility. No excuses on that front.

Milltown Row2

We'd noreal team out, we played mainly our reserves all year, but Karl wants to play every match so we can't stop him. And I'll agree with you on the other point but number 10 is alright, number 12?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

antrimgeal1989

possibly..ginger hair?. does well to stay on the pitch every game. they give the rest a bad name imo

btdtgtt

Any news from convention?

Rasharkin Gael

Chairman seemed to devote most of his address at discipline, or rather lack of it, and respect for officials. I wonder who he was talking about? ;)

btdtgtt

I thought everyone had left this board for a few days!

Were any of the motions passed?
Any decisions to change structures / games next year?

imtommygunn

To be fair to them RG they were beating on about it long before the Rasharkin thing. I think something pretty bad happened earlier in the year too.

It's applicable anywhere. That connacht club football final was a joke.

Magicsponge

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 14, 2011, 11:56:24 AM
To be fair to them RG they were beating on about it long before the Rasharkin thing. I think something pretty bad happened earlier in the year too.

It's applicable anywhere. That connacht club football final was a joke.

Yeah, there was a few incidents this year wasn't there. The Cargin/Lamh Dhearg match, didn't a referee get his jaw broke in belfast at a football match? I'm sure I heard about other stuff too.

Then there was a lot of crap in other counties as well, the tyrone league final, the ladies football match where the referee got knocked out in tyrone as well

NAG1

Shouldnt even be a matter for debate that the Chairman sees discipline as a major aspect for his speech. It is time seriously that something needs to be done about it, we are going to end up in very serious situation very soon when someone isnt going to walk away from one of these rucks. Then there will be some ringing of hands. Time to get it sorted once and for all.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on December 14, 2011, 03:23:19 PM
Shouldnt even be a matter for debate that the Chairman sees discipline as a major aspect for his speech. It is time seriously that something needs to be done about it, we are going to end up in very serious situation very soon when someone isnt going to walk away from one of these rucks. Then there will be some ringing of hands. Time to get it sorted once and for all.

You refereeing this year NAG1 ??

Aye i think its about time clubs, and they do know who these arseholes are, take the initiative and throw them out of the club and be done with it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The lack of respect for refs seems to be getting greater and not just in antrim so needs confronted. I don't know what is wrong with people that they get some bad decisions against them so they want to attack a ref.

They are probably a select few people mind but a select few too many.

Ai, something happened I think in Belfast which didn't sound too good as well.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 14, 2011, 04:20:52 PM
The lack of respect for refs seems to be getting greater and not just in antrim so needs confronted. I don't know what is wrong with people that they get some bad decisions against them so they want to attack a ref.

They are probably a select few people mind but a select few too many.

Ai, something happened I think in Belfast which didn't sound too good as well.

Sarsfields match

gelvis

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2011, 04:04:08 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on December 14, 2011, 03:23:19 PM

You refereeing this year NAG1 ??

Aye i think its about time clubs, and they do know who these arseholes are, take the initiative and throw them out of the club and be done with it.

Still won't stop them going to matches and being arseholes.  Not really anything clubs can do to stop them other than having people at the gates and I wouldn't wish that job on anyone.
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

Rasharkin Gael

Everyone here knows what is right and what is wrong. The problem we all face in clubs is finding a solution to a problem which is not just sport related but is a wider indictment of the society we now live in. No one accepts responsibility for their mistakes. When you speak to a parent about their childs behaviour on or off the field they don't want to deal with it and many will even bury their heads in the sand and tell you that there is no way their child did want you are saying.
My own club has had all the headlines for our poor behaviour and rightly so, but from speaking to Gaa people throughout this county and further afield there seem to these kind of terrible incidents happening throughout the country on a regular basis which are perhaps not as severe as the events at Ballymena but are not far behind.
We, as a club, failed to address a problem that has been building for years and resulted in the disgraceful scenes at slemish park, and shame on us for turning a blind eye for so long. But this is a huge problem and i don't see anyone with a magic wand who can make it disappear. I dont know what the long term solution is, we in clubs can only do or best to shape individuals into good, sporting well rounded gaels, but if we are not getting support from the majority of members in our clubs to take the hard decisions, or from the parents of kids we have to discipline we are fighting a losing battle.
That sounds very pessimistic, i do try to be positive about all our GAA matters, but it will take something much more than sound bites from our county officials to stop this trend, but hopefully JM and Fs have a plan in mind.       

Magicsponge

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on December 14, 2011, 05:05:54 PM
i don't see anyone with a magic wand who can make it disappear.

I've a magic sponge if that helps?

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2011, 04:24:44 PM
Sarsfields match

Yeah, Sarsfields v St Pauls wasn't it