Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

I said that deliberately. Of course you can't rule it out 100%.

Most referees are decent enough guys, who set out to do a fairly difficult job. There may be different degrees of ability out there, but being biased is another matter entirely.

theskull1

The referee who officiated in our minor championship match against St Endas was so blatant (for us I hasten to add) it was cringeable. Could not for the life of me understand what was going on. Total coincidence that St Endas and this mans clubs had a bit of bother in the intermediate championship the year before. I guess he just had an off day.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Just Puck It

St Mary's, this afternoon, booked their place in the Irish Daily Mail Hurling Div 2 Final after a brilliant 14 point win over Mary Immaculate of Limerick, in Dublin. They will play Queens University in the Final which will take place on Thursday 1st December.  Venue & Time Unconfirmed.

Not bad for Belfast Hurling?  Other teams in the Division were Jordanstown, Trinity Dublin, Sligo IT, Mary Immaculate Limerick, IT Tralee, NUI Maynooth.

imtommygunn

Why Belfast? Surely ulster?? Any team listings or anything?

Minder

Quote from: Just Puck It on November 23, 2011, 10:19:35 PM

St Mary's, this afternoon, booked their place in the Irish Daily Mail Hurling Div 2 Final after a brilliant 14 point win over Mary Immaculate of Limerick, in Dublin. They will play Queens University in the Final which will take place on Thursday 1st December.  Venue & Time Unconfirmed.

Not bad for Belfast Hurling?  Other teams in the Division were Jordanstown, Trinity Dublin, Sligo IT, Mary Immaculate Limerick, IT Tralee, NUI Maynooth.

Belfast hurling? I hear Shane McNaughton is playing hurling for them due to some spurious course.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Yeah would imagine there would be a fair amount of lads from all over. Still decent though. But when it comes to the real games will there be the same finalist?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Hardly! No northern universities play fitzgibbon any more! Interesting game in final all the same...

Just Puck It

Shane, along with a couple of other fellas from Belfast Tech are playing yea.  The team is really St Mary's/BMC, as neither could field a team without the other. 

saffronog

Nice touch Mr2 that level of comedy will serve u well when wearing black.  Hope u can manage it and comedy circuit as well.  No university in north now playing fitzgibbon.  At the minute they wouldn't be worth a shit to top teams. 

saffronog

Just puck it, st marys used to play with queens would u not be better with that combo.  Maybe it ain't possibility.  Poly always hoovered up techs.

Just Puck It

Quote from: saffronog on November 23, 2011, 11:10:49 PM
Just puck it, st marys used to play with queens would u not be better with that combo.  Maybe it ain't possibility.  Poly always hoovered up techs.

Wasn't aware of that SO.  I just know that since St Mary's formed in 2003 they've been able to play players from BMC.  Maybe that's the way things were whenever St Mary's never had a team of their own?

The College is technically a sub-college of Queens, although not too many people in St Mary's see, or acknowledge the connection!

saffronog

But reckon the two would be better to club together.  Yes can imagine the big ball fraternity wouldn't pledge allegiance to crown.  Still living off Peter the greats sigerson win.  For hurlers seems better idea then at least two reasonably strong teams.  But still lot of catch up.  What's new with northern hurling.

the colonel

Good going for the two teams. St Marys beat Queen's a few weeks ago I believe at the Dub. If you have one team then you are denying another 20 players games
the difference between success and failure is energy

Rasharkin Gael

a derry man now living the dall told me years ago about going to an information night for those interested in becoming referees ( dont know if this was in antrim or derry ). when the lad taking the course asked each person why they were interested in refereeing he got the usual responses, giving something back, club need referees to get fixtures etc, until one lad stood up and said he wanted to referee to "even the score with all the shit decisions he had put up with over the years and get some payback"!! Dont know if he ever made it through to actually refereeing, i hope not! :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on November 23, 2011, 11:08:59 PM
Nice touch Mr2 that level of comedy will serve u well when wearing black.  Hope u can manage it and comedy circuit as well.  No university in north now playing fitzgibbon.  At the minute they wouldn't be worth a shit to top teams.

No harm intended but wanting posters to name "crap" referees wont serve you well in any circuit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea