Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 21, 2011, 10:10:28 AM
They amalgamated with St Paul's at minor level this year i think and last maybe also, refereed a few games and was confused when seeing the dads of Gorts men (well they funny enough were rossa and O'Donnell/saccer men) watching their lads hurl for St Paul's

Are Rossa not strong at underage? According to the Andytown News (bible) they have won just about everything!!

They were woeful at minor this year. Entered b championship. The Rossa part was about a Rossa man who left went to got and now at St Paul's!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Very good editing hardstation  ::)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

I had the temerity to question a Rossa lad on this myself!
Jaysus I got some going-over about their successes this year blah blah blah - was it you hardstation???!!!
Fair play to them all the same I support all Belfast clubs (maybe even SIE in February) but Rossa is full of good people.

MR2 - maybe all this violence against our beloved refs might make you think twice?!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 22, 2011, 03:16:36 PM
I had the temerity to question a Rossa lad on this myself!
Jaysus I got some going-over about their successes this year blah blah blah - was it you hardstation???!!!
Fair play to them all the same I support all Belfast clubs (maybe even SIE in February) but Rossa is full of good people.

MR2 - maybe all this violence against our beloved refs might make you think twice?!

Referees are not the problem, I've no problem standing over decisions made on the pitch as i see it in that split second and from the view i have. That view or reasoning may not be the same as the players or supporters but it will be my call or the other referees out there, who call it.

Again I couldn't care who wins the match, generally I wont be refereeing my team so I couldn't give a stuff who wins. There are gimps out there who think that you have something against them. I'm not picky, I hate all clubs  ;D

btdtgtt

And mr2 I would suggest we have certain refs who have an agenda against individuals / teams ?

Maybe every county has it - but the black jersey does not guarantee integrity in Antrim!

Only an opinion ofcourse.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 22, 2011, 09:46:19 PM
And mr2 I would suggest we have certain refs who have an agenda against individuals / teams ?

Maybe every county has it - but the black jersey does not guarantee integrity in Antrim!

Only an opinion ofcourse.

Well it should bring integrity, you'd be a low life if you wanted to get certain teams, just to do them an injustice. But I feel there is a lot of paranoia about that.

btdtgtt

I agree there is slot of paranoia - but equally there is some degree of bias / settling scores that goes on. And some is too much. Like I say tho - maybe every county has a bit of it. Fair play to u for doing the duty anyway.

saffronog

Any names u want to throw out gtt

pdiddy

When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

Quote from: saffronog on November 22, 2011, 10:19:40 PM
Any names u want to throw out gtt

He's a couple YO, AR, EA, WA, NK, and ER for starters

pdiddy

When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

4father

Agreed, this board shouldn't be used to castigate Gaels in the county who decide to take up the whistle. 

btdtgtt

And there was me about to open the floodgates!

Well I maintain a few whistlers are slanted against people & clubs but no names seems the consensus.

And yes - no ref = no game and we have plenty doing their honest best.
I will put u in this bracket mr2!

playwiththewind1st

It takes a lot of balls nowadays to take up the whistle. I can never remember talking to any referee who had an active agenda to do down any particular club. The problem with many so-called "partizans" is that they take even the slightest decision going against their side as evidence of a conspiracy theory against them.

Most, if not all,  referees go out to do an honest job & they don't particularly care what the outcome is in a given match [they are supposed to be neutral, after all].

That's not to say that they get every decision right - but there's a big difference between making an honest mistake in the course of a match & being biased against one of the teams from the outset.

btdtgtt

That's true - in an ideal world.
But as you say yourself "Most if not all" therefore you acknowledge at least the possiblity of biased refs?

I agree - this is not widespread, but I do think we have SOME refs biased against a club or persons.

On the whole, I also think we have refs who do try to influence game tho!
Its human nature!
I am not saying the try to directly affect the outcome, but the whole idea of players "deserving a free" or when refs use "discretion" when applying advantage.
I think this is open to manipulation - and has been manipulated.

But I dont want to sound like a conspiracy theorist - I am only too aware of the job refs do and by and large it is all genuine.
And yes, they are all too often blamed as an excuse to cover up a team or persons failures!