Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4father

I was out walking the dog this morning.  Met a friend of a friend who was telling me there's a bit of an exodus going on at Gort na mona, all young lads too.  Disappointing to hear for a proud wee club who seemed to be doing well up until a few years ago.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 4father on November 20, 2011, 03:43:20 PM
I was out walking the dog this morning.  Met a friend of a friend who was telling me there's a bit of an exodus going on at Gort na mona, all young lads too.  Disappointing to hear for a proud wee club who seemed to be doing well up until a few years ago.

Leaving for other clubs or just not playing? They have struggled at juvenile of late
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

leaving for other clubs i heard, he mentioned Panzers son, young panzer the Goalie and three others to - Rossa.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 4father on November 20, 2011, 04:07:49 PM
leaving for other clubs i heard, he mentioned Panzers son, young panzer the Goalie and three others to - Rossa.

Bad craic alright.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

4father

They definitely seemed to be on the up so this will be very disappointing if its true.  They've had some amount of members leave between footballers and hurlers, must be something really wrong up there.

aontroim

Heard Creggan were beaten by Burt in the JHC Replay - didn't hear final score.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: aontroim on November 20, 2011, 06:29:11 PM
Heard Creggan were beaten by Burt in the JHC Replay - didn't hear final score.
Creggan 0-13 Burt 2-10
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

btdtgtt

Bad luck Creggan.

Gory rumours beyond me but nit sure about Rossa - they have a history of turning down people involved in fall-outs with other clubs! See sars and a few johnnies!

Mind u maybe something - panzer dad is originally a Rossa man?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on November 20, 2011, 06:46:33 PM
Bad luck Creggan.

Gory rumours beyond me but nit sure about Rossa - they have a history of turning down people involved in fall-outs with other clubs! See sars and a few johnnies!

Aye Panzer's da is a Rossa man alright. Gorts had a big fall out during the year i know. Had Sambo down working withy them and it still didn't help

4father

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 20, 2011, 07:04:59 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 20, 2011, 06:46:33 PM
Bad luck Creggan.

Aye Panzer's da is a Rossa man alright. Gorts had a big fall out during the year i know. Had Sambo down working withy them and it still didn't help

Well its been reflected in their on-field decline

btdtgtt

Yes strange tho - always thought Gort had good atmosphere in club? Anyone want to offer a reason for the fall out?

4father

Only know a few of the older fella's up there who wouldn't be playing anymore.  Anytime ive been in the club, there was always a good atmosphere in it.  I'm sure there's enough good people up there to sort their problems out.  Like most clubs they all have their ups and downs.

Just disappointing for the lads up there though after a load of year's work to see so many of their younger members leave to join other clubs.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 4father on November 20, 2011, 08:29:54 PM
Only know a few of the older fella's up there who wouldn't be playing anymore.  Anytime ive been in the club, there was always a good atmosphere in it.  I'm sure there's enough good people up there to sort their problems out.  Like most clubs they all have their ups and downs.

Just disappointing for the lads up there though after a load of year's work to see so many of their younger members leave to join other clubs.

They amalgamated with St Paul's at minor level this year i think and last maybe also, refereed a few games and was confused when seeing the dads of Gorts men (well they funny enough were rossa and O'Donnell/saccer men) watching their lads hurl for St Paul's

btdtgtt

They amalgamated with St Paul's at minor level this year i think and last maybe also, refereed a few games and was confused when seeing the dads of Gorts men (well they funny enough were rossa and O'Donnell/saccer men) watching their lads hurl for St Paul's

Are Rossa not strong at underage? According to the Andytown News (bible) they have won just about everything!!

QUB GAA Research

Hi Everyone,

I am a final year student at QUB, and as part of my course I am required to undertake a group piece of research.
We have chosen to do this on the GAA, and the different reasons on player drop-our rates post age 18 between rural and urban areas.

We would be very greatfull if you could take the time to fill out the survey below (it will literally only take 2 minutes).

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q8FYCHK

We've got some great feedback so far, and I think the users on this message board can add valuable contributions to the study.
Please feel free to comment/make sussestions on our thread (below) or on the survey about the topic.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=20675.msg1048613#new

Thanks Very much!
Go raibh mile maith agat