Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Interesting stat about all ireland hurling championship...

Loughgiel are only club left to have won it before.

saffronog

Burt get stuck in, was involved in a little training session up in derry and they arrived.  I would be very interested to see how strong galls team is going out, sniff of silver does strange things.  Had galls 21 team this year.  Surely this is swan song and it'll be pipe and slippers here on in

saffronog

Interesting in that it means f**k all as it was so long ago.

theskull1

Have they really? When was that? :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

saffronog

So Ballyboden beat and i feel now the lshcf will be a superb contest with oulart winning out and.contesting a semi final against gort.  The winners will more than likely be eventual winners of the tommy Moore cup.  I certainly wouldn't rule out the shamrocks contesting a final.  Can't believe I am going to say they have the.skill levels of munster pairing but they do. ( unbelievable because at bstages on antrim final they were clueless and shite, but ultimately deserved winners )

saffronog

However do not think they are physically or mentally strong enough.

imtommygunn

It's probably the most open AI club hurling in a few years. A few years ago it looked like Ballyhale / Portuma / Netownshandrum would dominate and most of the others were just making up the numbers.

It's a good chance for Loughgiel to make an impact. Not sure they have a strong enough team at present to do that though but time will tell.

Ballygunner caught a bit cold today too and would likely have been munster favourites.

maxpower

No argument, dunloy had a few rash challenges before it, all rightly yellow carded.  I just feel James walked because the referee wanted to nip the nastiness in the bud. The challenge itself was hardly a yellow.

However not to take away from LG achievements this year.

Thought Gregory O'Kane put in a serious shift for a man of 40 who hasn't trained in 10 weeks, pity we hadn't one at the start of his career rather than the end!
What happens next????

wino

Shamrocks finish off a wonder season: Antrim sen cship, ulster sen cship, all county div 1, ulster league, u21 cship, res cship, res league, 3rd team NA league and junior feis. Camogs win u14 cship, u16 cship, minor cship, junior cship, sen cship and a few league titles and feis titles. What a year for the club

saffronog

Yes fair play to horse hell of a hurler, role as selector less glorious 

saffronog

No doubt a remarkable year for Shams, and as Sie will soon tell us it ain't over

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: maxpower on November 13, 2011, 09:29:51 PM
No argument, dunloy had a few rash challenges before it, all rightly yellow carded.  I just feel James walked because the referee wanted to nip the nastiness in the bud. The challenge itself was hardly a yellow.

However not to take away from LG achievements this year.

Thought Gregory O'Kane put in a serious shift for a man of 40 who hasn't trained in 10 weeks, pity we hadn't one at the start of his career rather than the end!
I thought he was man of the match myself.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Yes Dick is a cracking player who has been a credit to both Antrim and Dunloy.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: theskull1 on November 13, 2011, 08:51:37 PM
Have they really? When was that? :)

I was only a cub myself, but I still remember it like it was  yesterday. 
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

saffronog

I would say one of smallest panels numerically, usually at least 24 now.  Another few matches down, remember there can be only one.  Off out for few scoops to finish off weekend.