Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

P Magil is younger yeah but hasnt or doesnt want to committ to it.
M Magil a couple of years ago maybe but not now

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: 4father on November 11, 2011, 01:04:37 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 10, 2011, 11:53:47 PM
Do Gort / St Agnes / St johns / oisins / sarsfields / Tir na nog / Carey / cushendun really have 3-5 players of county standard each?

Probably not 3-5 but there's always a superstar in every team.

Gort - Young McClean and Panzer McCann junior (was always a very very cpable GK)
St Johns - Well already have Simon McCrory, McFall.  Gareth Clarke is a half decent hurler and i'm sure there's merit in seeing if they have any other younger players coming through with potential.
St Agnes - I'll give you that, of the players that went to the trial, i don't think any of them would be real contenders to make the panel.
Oisíns - Have good experience in Division 1 now for a number of years, Tosh would still be capable i'd say and there's a few i've seen playing would be up to the pace - at least making the panel.
Sarsfields - Another few years and you'll know two lads in particular - Niall McKenna and Gary Lennon - two prospects.
Tir na nog - Magill could play no problem, as could Colm Duffin i'd say.
St Galls - Gaga, Mackers, big Anton could if he trimmed up possibly. No doubt one or two younger stars and of course they already have the best hurler in Ulster in Karl Steward

To call it a waste of time is a bit harsh.  As you said, everyone deserves an opportunity.
Really? He's decent but not the best hurler in ulster.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

wino

Magill, from Cushendall is good enough if he commits. Magill from tir na nog not even close anymore.  Loughgiel have good players and have a number of certs. Ding, neilly, scully, DD all good enough as well but they have put in a big club effort and it remains to be seen. Some of the younger lads could push for a place.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on November 11, 2011, 06:15:28 PM
Quote from: 4father on November 11, 2011, 01:04:37 AM
Quote from: btdtgtt on November 10, 2011, 11:53:47 PM
Do Gort / St Agnes / St johns / oisins / sarsfields / Tir na nog / Carey / cushendun really have 3-5 players of county standard each?

Probably not 3-5 but there's always a superstar in every team.

Gort - Young McClean and Panzer McCann junior (was always a very very cpable GK)
St Johns - Well already have Simon McCrory, McFall.  Gareth Clarke is a half decent hurler and i'm sure there's merit in seeing if they have any other younger players coming through with potential.
St Agnes - I'll give you that, of the players that went to the trial, i don't think any of them would be real contenders to make the panel.
Oisíns - Have good experience in Division 1 now for a number of years, Tosh would still be capable i'd say and there's a few i've seen playing would be up to the pace - at least making the panel.
Sarsfields - Another few years and you'll know two lads in particular - Niall McKenna and Gary Lennon - two prospects.
Tir na nog - Magill could play no problem, as could Colm Duffin i'd say.
St Galls - Gaga, Mackers, big Anton could if he trimmed up possibly. No doubt one or two younger stars and of course they already have the best hurler in Ulster in Karl Steward

To call it a waste of time is a bit harsh.  As you said, everyone deserves an opportunity.
Really? He's decent but not the best hurler in ulster.
+1   hahaha   ahhhhh god thats funny
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

saffronog

Ks decent player but well.down pecking order

imtommygunn

KS is one of better players in the county. Definite first 15.

Minder

Quote from: wino on November 11, 2011, 06:21:29 PM
Magill, from Cushendall is good enough if he commits. Magill from tir na nog not even close anymore.  Loughgiel have good players and have a number of certs. Ding, neilly, scully, DD all good enough as well but they have put in a big club effort and it remains to be seen. Some of the younger lads could push for a place.

Ding Gillan would be 34 so I doubt he will get a call.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

Quote from: Minder on November 11, 2011, 06:58:29 PM
Quote from: wino on November 11, 2011, 06:21:29 PM

Ding Gillan would be 34 so I doubt he will get a call.

i dont think he was great in his prime. martin scullion as a back would be worth having about
the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

A ballymena/south west  man come Loughgiel man talking shite as usual! Karl Stewart would get on any team in the county but doubt he'd bother with the bodies
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Martin Scullion looked good in championship but I don't think he would make a breakthrough to the half back line. McAuley and Graffin too strong and rumours of McManus being played CHB next year.

theskull1

Karl Stewart is in my top 3 hurlers in Antrim. Would have to think who to put in there along with him ???....A Graffin and A Nother

If there was a players player  of the year he'd be the favourite I reckon
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

saffronog

Mr2 when I say down pecking order don't think he would be in my top 5 in ulster but a very valued member of first 15, but not best in ulster.  Ding gillan no, scullion don't think so either.

Minder

Quote from: saffronog on November 11, 2011, 07:57:56 PM
Mr2 when I say down pecking order don't think he would be in my top 5 in ulster but a very valued member of first 15, but not best in ulster.  Ding gillan no, scullion don't think so either.

To progress your point you would then have to name your top 5.

saffronog

Well Watson most talented but can be looney tune, mc manus then, fully fit Campbell,  braniff, Clarke,  have to say imo would be more valuable than Ks.  Have u a top 5 yourself kinder.  All based on opinions of course.

Minder

Quote from: saffronog on November 11, 2011, 08:24:43 PM
Well Watson most talented but can be looney tune, mc manus then, fully fit Campbell,  braniff, Clarke,  have to say imo would be more valuable than Ks.  Have u a top 5 yourself kinder.  All based on opinions of course.

Braniff and Clarke? Ten years ago maybe. I am not sure I have a top five but I will try and work on it over the weekend.