Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaman

Did you work that out all on your own lol  ::)

Rough enough game which herbie had no idea how to handle (not made easy by the players), only one slap deserved a straight red and he chickened out of making a decision by completely ignoring it and the 15+ man scuffle which followed.

As someone said, pointless playing league matches at this time of year

Seamroga in exile

Unless there's a trophy to collect megaman.  ;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Seamroga in exile

Ballygunner 2-15 Drom & Inch 1-13. Reading through a few predictions for this match result this seems a bit of a shock.

James Stephens 1-20 Ballyhale Shamrocks 0-15

Buswhacker

Yes I did, it wasn't too difficult,just a form of congratulations to a very good team !!

Milltown Row2

Only one shock so far in Munster, that was Thurles getting beat in Tipp. Ballygunner have been and still are a decent team but have been unlucky in the finals. Loughgiel and I have said it already will have a better route to a final by playing Munster opposition.  Ballyhale beat fairly today. I still have a feeling for Ballyboden, I know they are missing great players but have been knocking on the door for years
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 30, 2011, 09:46:43 PM
Only one shock so far in Munster, that was Thurles getting beat in Tipp. Ballygunner have been and still are a decent team but have been unlucky in the finals. Loughgiel and I have said it already will have a better route to a final by playing Munster opposition.  Ballyhale beat fairly today. I still have a feeling for Ballyboden, I know they are missing great players but have been knocking on the door for years
I know they've had too much for the rest in Dublin the last 5 years, but have just fallen short once they've come up against one of the 'big boys' in Leinster. It would be good to see them go that one stage further this year.

saffronog

I'd put a few euro on boden myself, wexford champagne who I struggle to spell could give cats champs their fill of it

maxpower

Quote from: saffronog on October 31, 2011, 11:53:14 AM
I'd put a few euro on boden myself, wexford champagne who I struggle to spell could give cats champs their fill of it
::)

Did Oulart win the Wexford championship this year, if so they are a very capable team and should really have won the Leinster Championship last year.  In saying that I believe James Stephens are an excellent side, have been in the shadow of Ballyhale for the last few years but previous All Ireland Champions and at this stage would be favourites for the title, possibly along with Clarinbridge
What happens next????

pdiddy

Quote from: maxpower on October 31, 2011, 12:18:44 PM
Quote from: saffronog on October 31, 2011, 11:53:14 AM
::)

Did Oulart win the Wexford championship this year, if so they are a very capable team and should really have won the Leinster Championship last year.  In saying that I believe James Stephens are an excellent side, have been in the shadow of Ballyhale for the last few years but previous All Ireland Champions and at this stage would be favourites for the title, possibly along with Clarinbridge

Yip, as Kilkenny and Galway have shared the last 7 all-ireland titles between them the favourites tag will sit with them and rightly so.  Heard alot of talk about Na Piarsaigh of Limerick so my money's on them to come out of Munster.

Oulart the Ballagh won the Wexford Championship and are up against James Stephen's in the next round.
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

Milltown Row2

Look you are in the semi final. I believe ya's have a great chance to get to Croke, while the standard coming from Munster has not been great there is no doubting they are probably playing higher tempo games than the Ulster Champions.

That said Cushendall should have beaten De La Salle at Parnel Park 3 years ago. I see no reason why Loughgiel can't at least put in the same effort or more and beat the Munster teams
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Neither can I MR2, especially if they show the commitment and determination to win like they have done in their last couple of games.

Sleeping giant

My money would be on ballygunner.  Are a very handy outfit. I also think james stephens will win leinster. Like said. Have been in Shamrocks shadow past few years
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 31, 2011, 05:10:29 PM
My money would be on ballygunner.  Are a very handy outfit. I also think james stephens will win leinster. Like said. Have been in Shamrocks shadow past few years

Yeah, but they have the same team that Ballyhale have beaten the last few years!! Phily Larkin still playing for them FFS he'd be my age and playing full back.

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 31, 2011, 07:42:27 PM
Quote from: Sleeping giant on October 31, 2011, 05:10:29 PM

Yeah, but they have the same team that Ballyhale have beaten the last few years!! Phily Larkin still playing for them FFS he'd be my age and playing full back.
He played at corner back, RH back and then in front of Shefflin in the 2nd half after the sendings off. Didnt see him put a foot wrong to be honest, still an asset to the village. Eoin Larkin was the star man and Jackie was rock solid before a 2nd yellow. If these 2 maintain form they will be hard to work with.

Sleeping giant

Were the same team c,dall beat in past years, doesnt make us a bad side. Not just cause he stared in all Ireland final, but not many backs in country could mark Eoin Larkin,   unreal hurler.  plus there isn't many forwards in ireland that Jackie couldn't mark,  honestly people going on about 'Big Teams' being gone, lol,   some serious teams still in it.  Never a bad team in it at this stage
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.